PDA

View Full Version : The hair stick mishap!

Aunt Rapunzel
August 22nd, 2020, 04:51 PM
It's been a while since I posted here - but I knew that only those HERE would understand the full impact of this. :-) I had my hair up in one of my favorite sticks. Just a simple one - but smooooooth. It would glide right into my hair, and stayed comfortably there....As long as I didn't have a migraine. Well, I had a migraine a couple of days ago, and it was while I was away from home. So I took the hair stick out of my hair, and put it in my purse because my hair felt SO heavy wearing it up. It usually isn't noticeable, but when I have a migraine, I just can't wear my hair up. Anyway...fast forward a couple of days. I finally remembered my hair stick and decided that I'd better get it out of my purse. But it wasn't there! I went to the car to see if it might have rolled out of my purse onto the seat. No luck. :-/ But as I was walking back to the house, I noticed something on the ground by the edge of the driveway.... *sigh* It was my hair stick. It had fallen out of my purse into a small patch of grass....and had been run over. I do have other hair sticks, but you know how it is when you have a hair toy that is just right! What a disappointment.

On the bright side....the migraine is gone.

Ashtaroth
August 22nd, 2020, 07:27 PM
Always sad to lose a useful tool. Glad your migraine resolved!

bokeh
August 22nd, 2020, 07:44 PM
I haven’t lost any of my favorites but I completely understand. I’m not usually a materialistic person but I love my hair accessories. I don’t have many but they were handmade by artisans and they’re very special to me. I’m very sorry about your favorite stick.

AutobotsAttack
August 23rd, 2020, 04:04 PM
I’ve had one of my dogs completely chew a wooden stick to pieces. I liked this particular one a lot because it wasn’t too thick for me. Needless to say, that one dog in particular got the silent treatment for the rest of the afternoon.