PDA

View Full Version : How to apply Feye self-trim method if you part the hair in 4 sections instead of 2?

Fimu
August 21st, 2020, 11:35 AM
Due to the slightly high density of my hair, I trim my hair in 4 sections, but I need your help in optimizing my modification on Feye's self-trim method.

I trim on wet but conditioned hair because then the curls are stretched out the most (for maintenance I prefer to trim my hair wet instead of dry curly cuts). I split each half parting into quarters right behind my ears, and want to trim the back sections with my head straight forward and the front sections with my head tilted down so I can create kinda a U-shape.

My questions is: at which position of the scalp would you tie the hair into a ponytail, both at the back sections as well as the front sections, if you would trim in 4 ponytails instead of 2?

If convenient, can you demonstrate for me with pictures at which positions you would tie the sections in this case? For the front section for example, is it best to tie the hair at front of, right above or slightly behind the ears?

leayellena
August 22nd, 2020, 02:43 AM
like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqKavYsLRBs

Fimu
August 22nd, 2020, 03:46 AM
like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqKavYsLRBs

Cute cottagecore vibes! Unfortunately, she didn't demonstrate into details at which direction she brushed her sections and how the position of her face was (tilted up, straight forward or tilted down).

CuteCrow
August 22nd, 2020, 03:58 AM
I think you could do it just by following the original instructions? But in two steps, once with the two bottom sections and again with the two top ones. Before cutting the second section grab some hair from the previously cut one so you can know how much to cut. I don't know, the head position would depend on what kind of hemline you are looking for

florenonite
August 22nd, 2020, 05:20 AM
I think you could do it just by following the original instructions? But in two steps, once with the two bottom sections and again with the two top ones. Before cutting the second section grab some hair from the previously cut one so you can know how much to cut. I don't know, the head position would depend on what kind of hemline you are looking for

Last time I did a self-trim I did something like this. I was going for a V-shape so I sectioned my hair across at the ears and tied up about two-thirds of my hair out of the way, then split the remaining hair vertically down the middle and brought each section over the corresponding shoulder. Then I brought down another third of my hair, split it in two, and used the previous sections as a guide, and then the same with the final third. I could honestly probably have done with about 8 sections as it was still hard to get my hair scissors through each section in a neat cut (but my hair is also straight so it really shows any inconsistencies :lol: ).

You could also try spidermom's book method (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=151869).