PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying Olaplex 3 for the first time!

lottiealice
August 17th, 2020, 10:35 AM
Self explanatory, really. I've not dyed my hair in a long time but I've heard good things about Olaplex 3 so it's marinating in my hair right now. I'm going to keep it in overnight.

Who else here has tried it? What did you think? :p

(Also, yay I've realised I'm *just* at tailbone at my longest point!)

Ylva
August 17th, 2020, 04:29 PM
We have this big thread (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=124721) about Olaplex.

pseudonym
January 9th, 2024, 03:36 PM
Several years ago I wanted to go all grey (I was 100% silver grey, dyed it for decades to dark brown). In one go I bleached it to platinum then dyed it with ION semi-permanent titanium (the closest match to my natural grey) and kept blending the roots until it grew out and I could cut the old hair off.

I could not have achieved this without Olaplex, both in the bleach and also the ongoing weekly treatment. I not only had extremely damaged hair but it's very high porosity as well.

I still use an overnight treatment every couple of months of 1:1 Olaplex #1 and Roux Porosity Control conditioner on shampooed damp hair. This was recommended by my stylist. This combination treatment is better than either one alone or any other treatment I've ever tried. Even though I'm careful about damage (air dry only, curling or flat iron maybe 2-3x a year for special occasion) my hair does improve with this treatment. Stronger and shinier for longer.