PDA

View Full Version : I want to cut my hair back to BSL...

Elizabeth E
August 16th, 2020, 11:19 AM
Hi All!

I haven't been that active on here lately - and as you can evidently see, my LHC-itis is officially over, ha ha. But the thing is that I'm genuinely not happy with my hair anymore. The reason I always wanted long hair for, is being able to enjoy it down. But now at TBL, my hair is too much of a nuisance to be worn down. Things I currently dislike about my length:

- how tangled it gets. I honestly don't fancy spending an hour combing it out every day.
- how long it takes to air dry, and what a massive process it is when I dye it with henna and indigo.
- how flat and weighed down it looks. I have a round face, so that's not a good look on me.
- how freaking in my way it gets. I thought I'd get used to it, that hair this long wouldn't bother me. Instead, I have to constantly move it back and out of my way when it's down. I also have much more of an active lifestyle now than back when I started growing it, and I find the length of my hair is just not compatible with that. For the life of me, I can't find a yoga hairstyle that works. I've spent hours trying different buns and braids...only to do a backbend and have it feel like my hair is going to be pulled out of my scalp due to the weight of the bun.

I've thought about this for several weeks and decided that I really just want to cut my hair back to BSL, which was the most manageable length for me. Don't get me wrong, I still adore super long hair and I admire every one of you who are able to keep yours very long. But after a year of maintaining mine at TBL and trying to enjoy it down instead of focusing on growth, I can honestly say it's not working for me. There aren't any braids or buns I do that require hair this long, so it won't be an issue for me to have it shorter.

I enjoyed every step of this journey and I'm glad I finally got to see what it's like to have the longest hair of my life. Now, I feel that it's time for it to go. I don't want to rush things so I'm probably going to wait a week or more until my schedule is a little calmer and I can cut my hair with a clear mind, if that makes sense? In the meantime, I'd like to hear you guys' thoughts :) Any advice will be appreciated.

To get an idea of what it'll look like, I pulled my hair back into a looped ponytail and took pics. I apologize if the lighting isn't that great and of course the end result will look much thicker because it's the very ends of my hair you're seeing here. Still, I love the way it looks! I have a tomboy aesthetic and I think this length will suit me a lot better.

P.S. My profile pic is from back when my hair was at waist, it's quite a bit longer now.

https://imgur.com/1HGvK4I
https://imgur.com/psvZiMU
https://imgur.com/qPHycKU

akurah
August 16th, 2020, 11:27 AM
Your story sounds a lot like mine. I was at knee length and hated my hair, for the same reasons (minus the henna/indigo one). I finally cut it back to waist and I'm so much happier with it. I'm thinking I'll go shorter eventually but I'm not comfortable cutting it shorter than waist myself and the salons aren't open yet.

I say cut it if it's making you this unhappy.

bokeh
August 16th, 2020, 12:27 PM
It sounds like you have this well thought out. I’m glad that you are waiting for a week though in case you have second thoughts. Your hair will look beautiful at BSL.

mariakatija
August 16th, 2020, 01:10 PM
You could try to cut it to hip or waist instead. Your hair is probably in better condition at that length than it was before so it may be easier to deal with than previously. You could always cut back to BSL if that still is too much for you.

August 16th, 2020, 01:33 PM
I know what you feel, I'll probably cut to pixie or buzz again... I can relate to everything you said, it's just not practical... 1,5h combing twice a day on long hair, for me :/. Even now, with a mullet thing, I just can't... It gets into my face, can't even put them up they're so unruly.

Hexana
August 16th, 2020, 03:00 PM
You need to so what is best for you. If you think you will feel better about your hair and be overall happier if your hair is at a shorter length, you should do it. The lenght of your hair should never limit you to do other things in life that you want.

Kathie
August 16th, 2020, 03:05 PM
Your hair is really beautiful!

Twice I've grown between BSL and waist and then successively cut back to SL or CL. It wasn't completely intentional, but I cut back a milestone at a time. I really enjoyed the journey back to shorter over a period of months.

You might enjoy a gradual transition back to waist? Or maybe your heart is set on your new length and you would be happier there sooner?

At what ever length you choose I'm sure it will look amazing :flower:

shelomit
August 16th, 2020, 03:36 PM
It sounds like you have this figured out. One thing I might suggest is that, rather than going straight from tailbone to bra-strap, perhaps try cutting it in stages. Take off a few inches, then wear it that way for a couple days and see what you most like. It would be upsetting if you cut immediately back to bra-strap and then thought, "Oh, actually, mid-back is where I would really like to have it now."

hennalonghair
August 16th, 2020, 03:41 PM
Your hair is beautiful but I DO understand how you feel. I actually prefer the look of my hair at BSL. It’s thicker and curlier. Like yours, the length pulls it down. I keep mine in braids. They don’t take long to do and it prevents hair from getting tangled. Long braids give you the option of still wearing your hair down yet styled and out of the way. It’s your hair though and if you prefer BSL then maybe maintain it at that length.

MusicalSpoons
August 16th, 2020, 06:17 PM
You've clearly given this a lot of thought, which is good. I think the only real question is, how do you feel when you think about yourself with BSL hair? If you're excited (and maybe a little nervous, because they're basically the same physiological processes just with different emotions attached) then that's great! If you're at all unsure, then I would echo other comments and say go back a milestone or two at a time.

Your hair is stunning, and I'm sure it will be beautiful at whatever length you settle on :flower:

Cayy
August 16th, 2020, 07:48 PM
You sound exactly like I did back in 2019; I was at tailbone length and it was just EVERYWHERE, heavy, and it really only looked nice when I straightened it (which would happen maybe twice a year), so I chopped it into a lob and loved it! Sometimes you just need a break/change to do something different when you’re that tired of it/it feels more like a negative presence than something fun and positive. Good on you to recognize that and for trying something new! It all grows back anyways :)

The Lizard Wife
August 16th, 2020, 11:19 PM
It sounds to me like you've put a lot of thought into what is most practical for you and what makes you happy; you've got specific reasons for what you don't like about your current length and how BSL will solve that. So my advice would be to go for it!

"Try something more gradual first" is really good advice, for sure, but what you're saying reminds me of the arguments I lined up before I did drastic things with my hair (like major undercut, midnight despair chop from Waist to "somewhere between Shoulder and APL" that I said I'd get a friend to clean up for me later, even more major undercut that I did all on my own because how badly could I do really...) All of those things I absolutely do not regret, and was super excited for and couldn't wait to do; I would only have regretted my decision if I had tried baby steps first because the baby steps would not have solved the problems I was trying to fix, and then it would have felt like I cut my hair for nothing. So I guess I made all of my drastic decisions out of desperation, and it sounds to me like you're in the same boat.

Also, being able to wear your hair both up and down in a way that's comfortable is such an amazing feeling. I'm currently enjoying that myself. So if BSL is your sweet spot for that, even though you'll miss having the longest hair of your life, I don't think you'll have regrets.

GoddesJourney
August 17th, 2020, 12:01 AM
Yeah. Do it. Sounds like that's a good length for what you want. I guess all of us must choose a hair length (or anything else related to body image) based on our own personal balance of appearance, comfort and willingness to deal with whatever level of maintenance that applies. I think many of us have found that balance by growing past it and eventually cutting back to their ideal length.

Elizabeth E
August 17th, 2020, 01:57 AM
Thanks everyone for your input! It's always nice to hear from people who've been in the same boat.

You need to so what is best for you. If you think you will feel better about your hair and be overall happier if your hair is at a shorter length, you should do it. The lenght of your hair should never limit you to do other things in life that you want.

Yeah, at this point I feel that being happy with my hair is more important to me than how long it is. I want to get fitter and more flexible really badly, but my hair is currently too in the way to work out comfortably.

Your hair is really beautiful!

Twice I've grown between BSL and waist and then successively cut back to SL or CL. It wasn't completely intentional, but I cut back a milestone at a time. I really enjoyed the journey back to shorter over a period of months.

You might enjoy a gradual transition back to waist? Or maybe your heart is set on your new length and you would be happier there sooner?

At what ever length you choose I'm sure it will look amazing :flower:

Thank you, Kathie! My heart is set on the new length, for sure. My hair bothered me at hip and even waist already, but I thought I'd get used to it once I start wearing it down more. Unfortunately that's not what happened and now all I want is to get back to a length that'll be comfortable. :)

You've clearly given this a lot of thought, which is good. I think the only real question is, how do you feel when you think about yourself with BSL hair? If you're excited (and maybe a little nervous, because they're basically the same physiological processes just with different emotions attached) then that's great! If you're at all unsure, then I would echo other comments and say go back a milestone or two at a time.

Your hair is stunning, and I'm sure it will be beautiful at whatever length you settle on :flower:

I feel super excited about it! I've thought about this for a while and looked at lots of pictures of wavy hair at BSL, and I know that's what I want. When I think about myself with shorter hair, I think I'll be more confident. Not feel like I'm hiding behind a blanket of hair, ha ha.

You sound exactly like I did back in 2019; I was at tailbone length and it was just EVERYWHERE, heavy, and it really only looked nice when I straightened it (which would happen maybe twice a year), so I chopped it into a lob and loved it! Sometimes you just need a break/change to do something different when you’re that tired of it/it feels more like a negative presence than something fun and positive. Good on you to recognize that and for trying something new! It all grows back anyways :)

That's great! And yes as you said, it grows back. There's only a 14cm / 5 1/2 inch difference between BSL and waist for me (the perks of being short!) so if I ever feel that I want it longer again, it'll take only about a year to grow back.

It sounds to me like you've put a lot of thought into what is most practical for you and what makes you happy; you've got specific reasons for what you don't like about your current length and how BSL will solve that. So my advice would be to go for it!

"Try something more gradual first" is really good advice, for sure, but what you're saying reminds me of the arguments I lined up before I did drastic things with my hair (like major undercut, midnight despair chop from Waist to "somewhere between Shoulder and APL" that I said I'd get a friend to clean up for me later, even more major undercut that I did all on my own because how badly could I do really...) All of those things I absolutely do not regret, and was super excited for and couldn't wait to do; I would only have regretted my decision if I had tried baby steps first because the baby steps would not have solved the problems I was trying to fix, and then it would have felt like I cut my hair for nothing. So I guess I made all of my drastic decisions out of desperation, and it sounds to me like you're in the same boat.

Also, being able to wear your hair both up and down in a way that's comfortable is such an amazing feeling. I'm currently enjoying that myself. So if BSL is your sweet spot for that, even though you'll miss having the longest hair of your life, I don't think you'll have regrets.

I'm with you on drastic decisions. I might miss the way my hair falls against my back, but also...not. I also intend to keep the hair I cut off, as a reminder of my hair journey, so it'll be preferable for me to cut it all in one go instead of little bits at a time. I'm very excited for it :D

Bat
August 17th, 2020, 03:16 AM
Hi All!

I haven't been that active on here lately - and as you can evidently see, my LHC-itis is officially over, ha ha. But the thing is that I'm genuinely not happy with my hair anymore. The reason I always wanted long hair for, is being able to enjoy it down. But now at TBL, my hair is too much of a nuisance to be worn down. Things I currently dislike about my length:

- how tangled it gets. I honestly don't fancy spending an hour combing it out every day.
- how long it takes to air dry, and what a massive process it is when I dye it with henna and indigo.
- how flat and weighed down it looks. I have a round face, so that's not a good look on me.
- how freaking in my way it gets. I thought I'd get used to it, that hair this long wouldn't bother me. Instead, I have to constantly move it back and out of my way when it's down. I also have much more of an active lifestyle now than back when I started growing it, and I find the length of my hair is just not compatible with that. For the life of me, I can't find a yoga hairstyle that works. I've spent hours trying different buns and braids...only to do a backbend and have it feel like my hair is going to be pulled out of my scalp due to the weight of the bun.

I've thought about this for several weeks and decided that I really just want to cut my hair back to BSL, which was the most manageable length for me. Don't get me wrong, I still adore super long hair and I admire every one of you who are able to keep yours very long. But after a year of maintaining mine at TBL and trying to enjoy it down instead of focusing on growth, I can honestly say it's not working for me. There aren't any braids or buns I do that require hair this long, so it won't be an issue for me to have it shorter.

I enjoyed every step of this journey and I'm glad I finally got to see what it's like to have the longest hair of my life. Now, I feel that it's time for it to go. I don't want to rush things so I'm probably going to wait a week or more until my schedule is a little calmer and I can cut my hair with a clear mind, if that makes sense? In the meantime, I'd like to hear you guys' thoughts :) Any advice will be appreciated.

To get an idea of what it'll look like, I pulled my hair back into a looped ponytail and took pics. I apologize if the lighting isn't that great and of course the end result will look much thicker because it's the very ends of my hair you're seeing here. Still, I love the way it looks! I have a tomboy aesthetic and I think this length will suit me a lot better.

P.S. My profile pic is from back when my hair was at waist, it's quite a bit longer now.

https://imgur.com/1HGvK4I
https://imgur.com/psvZiMU
https://imgur.com/qPHycKU

Good luck what you decide! I'm curious about what henna and indigo you are using and the process I swear it's the darkest hendigo I've seen

Elizabeth E
August 17th, 2020, 11:13 AM
Good luck what you decide! I'm curious about what henna and indigo you are using and the process I swear it's the darkest hendigo I've seen

Thanks :D My hair is very dark brown to start with so it's not difficult to get it black. I get my henna and indigo from local health shops and alternate between hendigo applications and just indigo mixed with either amla or cassia. Indigo doesn't stick to my hair as well as henna does so I find that doing just indigo every now and again helps the colour get very dark. Hope that helps!

Also, I still have strong red undertones in direct sunlight.

Dung Beetle
August 17th, 2020, 12:42 PM
I think you're going to be very happy. I cut back to BSL not too long ago and immediately knew it was the right length for me. When mine was longer, it was a pain in the ass; plus I looked like a little person smothered in a disheveled bush; plus, every time I'd go to the damn store I'd see someone with even longer hair than mine and be jealous. :)

ynne
August 17th, 2020, 01:20 PM
Your hair is beautiful, no wonder you want to enjoy wearing it down! :)

My drastic cut back then was from somewhere around shoulders/APL to a pixie, which was also the first time I had such short hair. I did research stuff about short hair first, but like you, when the time felt right, I just went for it. :) I did it myself during one evening, and never regretted it for a second. So if you feel like that's what you need to do right now and BSL makes most sense to you, I hope you'll love the result & that it will solve everything that is taking away from your enjoyment of your hair right now. c:

Bat
August 17th, 2020, 05:36 PM
Thanks :D My hair is very dark brown to start with so it's not difficult to get it black. I get my henna and indigo from local health shops and alternate between hendigo applications and just indigo mixed with either amla or cassia. Indigo doesn't stick to my hair as well as henna does so I find that doing just indigo every now and again helps the colour get very dark. Hope that helps!

Also, I still have strong red undertones in direct sunlight.

Thank you! This does help

BexLocks
August 17th, 2020, 05:46 PM
Your hair should make you happy. And it is beautiful. I'm sure it will be fantastic! A long time ago I cut from near waist to buzzed in the back. In the middle of winter. I realized that day why other people wore scarves! But it was an amazing feeling and incredibly freeing. It's just hair after all.

I don't think my hair is nearly as thick (or yet as long) as yours, but I find that multiple hair pins spread the weight over my scalp and hold much better than hair sticks. That might be something to try when you are doing yoga. Good luck with your fitness goals!

The Lizard Wife
August 17th, 2020, 08:12 PM
I'm with you on drastic decisions. I might miss the way my hair falls against my back, but also...not. I also intend to keep the hair I cut off, as a reminder of my hair journey, so it'll be preferable for me to cut it all in one go instead of little bits at a time. I'm very excited for it :D

Haha, I'm the same way! I have a lot of lengthy ponytails saved from my various chops, and prefer to cut all in one go for the same reason. It's nice to have the memento, I think.

Elizabeth E
August 18th, 2020, 02:25 PM
I think you're going to be very happy. I cut back to BSL not too long ago and immediately knew it was the right length for me. When mine was longer, it was a pain in the ass; plus I looked like a little person smothered in a disheveled bush; plus, every time I'd go to the damn store I'd see someone with even longer hair than mine and be jealous. :)

Ha ha, I can relate to all of this :agree:

Your hair is beautiful, no wonder you want to enjoy wearing it down! :)

My drastic cut back then was from somewhere around shoulders/APL to a pixie, which was also the first time I had such short hair. I did research stuff about short hair first, but like you, when the time felt right, I just went for it. :) I did it myself during one evening, and never regretted it for a second. So if you feel like that's what you need to do right now and BSL makes most sense to you, I hope you'll love the result & that it will solve everything that is taking away from your enjoyment of your hair right now. c:

Thank you :) I'm sure I will love it - I wore it down all the time back when it was around APL to BSL and never had any issues.

Your hair should make you happy. And it is beautiful. I'm sure it will be fantastic! A long time ago I cut from near waist to buzzed in the back. In the middle of winter. I realized that day why other people wore scarves! But it was an amazing feeling and incredibly freeing. It's just hair after all.

I don't think my hair is nearly as thick (or yet as long) as yours, but I find that multiple hair pins spread the weight over my scalp and hold much better than hair sticks. That might be something to try when you are doing yoga. Good luck with your fitness goals!

This is what I love about LHC: how supportive everyone is. I'll try out the multiple pins once I've cut my hair and do yoga again. But at BSL, I will most likely be able to get away with just a half-up too. Who knows? I look forward to finding out!

Elizabeth E
August 18th, 2020, 02:28 PM
Haha, I'm the same way! I have a lot of lengthy ponytails saved from my various chops, and prefer to cut all in one go for the same reason. It's nice to have the memento, I think.

That's cool! Saving the hair could also work nicely for strand tests whenever you're trying out new products. And as you said, it's nice to have the memento.

lapushka
August 18th, 2020, 03:46 PM
Give it a couple weeks; if you still feel that way, go in increments back to what you "would like", which is BSL. So take a couple inches off, see how you like it. You may even be satisfied with a couple inches. Sometimes bigger cuts are just a sign the hair could use a smaller trim.

Take me for instance. My comfort-length is classic, and if I'm over classic even an inch, I get urges of cutting it short. This lets me know I need to trim back a bit. And then that urge magically goes away. HTH. :flower:

Elizabeth E
August 19th, 2020, 08:12 AM
Give it a couple weeks; if you still feel that way, go in increments back to what you "would like", which is BSL. So take a couple inches off, see how you like it. You may even be satisfied with a couple inches. Sometimes bigger cuts are just a sign the hair could use a smaller trim.

Take me for instance. My comfort-length is classic, and if I'm over classic even an inch, I get urges of cutting it short. This lets me know I need to trim back a bit. And then that urge magically goes away. HTH. :flower:

To be honest, I feel that I've waited long enough. I've been wanting cut back since March but decided to hang on until I'm 100% sure. I know it's not just an urge to trim because those are always curbed as soon as I've trimmed. But despite my 1-inch trims in April and July, my hair still feels very long and unmanageable. Thanks for your insight, though, and it's great that you've found a length that works for you :)

CopperButterfly
August 19th, 2020, 09:01 AM
I'm a grower and a chopper. I actually really enjoy cutting off large amounts at once. It's fun to have a dramatic change.

It sounds like you've given it a lot of thought and you're ready for the jump and will enjoy the new length. And at bsl I think a single braid works well for yoga. The braid isn't so long as to get in the way.

Deborah
August 19th, 2020, 01:09 PM
I'm with you Elizabeth. I enjoy the change of a big cut. I never bother with a cut less than 4 - 6 inches, and I consider that a trim. Enjoy your hair! :flower: It will still be long, and is easy to grow back longer again any time you want to.

MusicalSpoons
August 19th, 2020, 01:12 PM
I think the main source of doubt is the fact you put a sad face in the title! (And some of what's been written is standard advice for people who aren't sure.) But your posts by themselves sound like you definitely want to do this and are looking forward to it :)

Dark40
August 19th, 2020, 02:44 PM
I agree with mariatija. Maybe cut it back to waist or hip. Because, I've never had TBL hair before but from what I've seen on others I know that it's very long, and it's a lot of hair. Especially, as thick as your hair is. Mine is thick too. It's good that you're waiting a week before you decide to cut it incase you have second thoughts.

Elizabeth E
August 21st, 2020, 09:01 AM
I think the main source of doubt is the fact you put a sad face in the title! (And some of what's been written is standard advice for people who aren't sure.) But your posts by themselves sound like you definitely want to do this and are looking forward to it :)

Oh my gosh, I didn't mean the sad face that way! It was supposed to refer to the fact that my long hair has been making me more unhappy than anything. I apologize if it caused confusion, ha ha. But yes, I know I want to do this and I'm looking forward to it a lot :)

Elizabeth E
August 21st, 2020, 09:19 AM
I'm with you Elizabeth. I enjoy the change of a big cut. I never bother with a cut less than 4 - 6 inches, and I consider that a trim. Enjoy your hair! :flower: It will still be long, and is easy to grow back longer again any time you want to.

Thank you! It will still be long - not that long by LHC standards, but still - and my hair grows pretty fast so it won't be a problem if I choose to grow it back.

I agree with mariatija. Maybe cut it back to waist or hip. Because, I've never had TBL hair before but from what I've seen on others I know that it's very long, and it's a lot of hair. Especially, as thick as your hair is. Mine is thick too. It's good that you're waiting a week before you decide to cut it incase you have second thoughts.

With my height and body shape, it isn't that much hair - between BSL and TBL there's only a 10-inch difference on me (the perks of being short!) So I know that cutting back to hip or waist even, won't be enough. Thanks for the suggestion though and yes, it's always better to wait a while and not make impulsive decisions :o

Lady Neeva
August 23rd, 2020, 12:33 PM
I was in the same boat some years ago, although my hair was at hip length. I cut it to BSL and I've been maintaining it at that length ever since! It is a lot more manageable to maintain at my current length.

Elizabeth E
August 28th, 2020, 06:25 AM
Update: I cut my hair!

I actually did so earlier the week but wanted to wait until after I've washed it to take pictures. I'm incredibly happy with how it turned out - it just felt a little weird for the first 2 hours or so, to be wearing it down without my hair being all over the place, but I quickly got used to it. Love how comfortable it is to wear down and how little it tangles compared to how it used to! My waves also have much more volume and definition and with the blunt cut, this is probably the thickest hemline I've ever had. Overall, I'm super happy that I did it - no regrets :D

Pictures:

https://imgur.com/qzqRVkN
https://imgur.com/cOZp8xO
https://imgur.com/ROeTm94
https://imgur.com/cwbhV90

Also, in case you're wondering whether I'm still going to be on LHC, I'm not going anywhere! Even though I don't have any intentions of growing again soon, here is still much to learn about healthy haircare :blossom:

0xalis
August 28th, 2020, 06:58 AM
I've been awaiting pics with baited breath and I am not disappointed! That hemline is amazing :thud: Still seems mighty long to me, given my shortie status ;)

BexLocks
August 28th, 2020, 08:16 AM
It looks amazing! And thick! So much volume. That's the kind of hair that makes people go "that's a lot of hair!" When I've cut mine in the past, people usually make comments like "did you get new glasses?" Haha. I'm so glad you are happy with it. Beautiful.

MusicalSpoons
August 28th, 2020, 08:30 AM
My, that is one magnificent mane! :thud: I'm so pleased you're happy with it! :D

Lady Stardust
August 28th, 2020, 08:49 AM
Your hair is glorious Elizabeth E! I’m glad you’re sticking around the forum. Activity here shouldn’t be dictated by hair length, there’s loads of information that’s useful for all sorts of reasons, as well as the community spirit.

Ashtaroth
August 28th, 2020, 03:45 PM
Looks gorgeous. So much volume and shine. Plus that colour! I’m just at BSL and am really enjoying this length. Sounds like you are too.

ynne
August 29th, 2020, 05:15 AM
It turned out great! :)

Bat
August 29th, 2020, 06:16 AM
Wow that's great it looks like a perfect length on you

illicitlizard
August 29th, 2020, 06:21 AM
:agape: Amazingly thick hemline Elizabeth! So glad you're happy with the change :)

sapphire-o
August 29th, 2020, 08:01 AM
What beautiful waves you have! It's lovely. I'm growing mine out to a longer length so next time I can chop several inches at once. :D I love that freshly cut feeling and the lightness my head feels. Honestly if I'm not a hairtoy addict I'd never have made it to tailbone length.

Siv
August 29th, 2020, 09:45 AM
Oh my god that looks sooo good on you!!

Elizabeth E
August 29th, 2020, 02:58 PM
Thanks everyone for the compliments :o They have made my day!

I've been awaiting pics with baited breath and I am not disappointed! That hemline is amazing :thud: Still seems mighty long to me, given my shortie status ;)

Thanks, and it's surprising how after a few days, it feels quite long too or should I say, "long enough", ha ha. Only the first day that I cut it was it something to get used to :)

It looks amazing! And thick! So much volume. That's the kind of hair that makes people go "that's a lot of hair!" When I've cut mine in the past, people usually make comments like "did you get new glasses?" Haha. I'm so glad you are happy with it. Beautiful.

Aw, I'm sorry :laugh: I haven't yet gone out after cutting my hair so I'm kinda curious to see whether people notice the difference.

Looks gorgeous. So much volume and shine. Plus that colour! I’m just at BSL and am really enjoying this length. Sounds like you are too.

Glad you like it :flower: BSL is a very comfortable length, for sure. I'm loving it!

Elizabeth E
August 29th, 2020, 03:03 PM
What beautiful waves you have! It's lovely. I'm growing mine out to a longer length so next time I can chop several inches at once. :D I love that freshly cut feeling and the lightness my head feels. Honestly if I'm not a hairtoy addict I'd never have made it to tailbone length.

The waves are definitely a product of good LHC care. Last time my hair was this length was before I joined LHC and didn't know how to care for it so it was a horrible ball of frizz. I'm glad I got that fixed! Growing your hair longer to chop several inches at once sounds like a good idea.

hennalonghair
August 29th, 2020, 04:00 PM
Thank you! It will still be long - not that long by LHC standards, but still - and my hair grows pretty fast so it won't be a problem if I choose to grow it back.

With my height and body shape, it isn't that much hair - between BSL and TBL there's only a 10-inch difference on me (the perks of being short!) So I know that cutting back to hip or waist even, won't be enough. Thanks for the suggestion though and yes, it's always better to wait a while and not make impulsive decisions :o

Your hair looks absolutely amazing. Your hair texture is stunning. BSL to TBL is closer 16.5 inches on me.

helluin
August 30th, 2020, 05:07 AM
Wooow! Looks amazing and omg your curls look amazing!

Elizabeth E
September 1st, 2020, 03:23 AM
Your hair looks absolutely amazing. Your hair texture is stunning. BSL to TBL is closer 16.5 inches on me.

Wooow! Looks amazing and omg your curls look amazing!

Oh thank you!! It's amazing the difference that height and body shape can make in the distance between hair lengths.