PDA

View Full Version : Even the President has hair concerns...

lapushka
August 13th, 2020, 05:14 AM
Did you all catch this one?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53761744

Apparently there's something about the shower water. :)

Jane99
August 13th, 2020, 05:36 AM
I couldn’t tell if that was real or “fake news” haha. Thanks for the laugh this morning, I needed it

spidermom
August 13th, 2020, 06:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gjQSTtU6Yk

Skip ahead to 35 seconds.

baanoo
August 13th, 2020, 07:06 AM

😂😂😂😂😂😂 oh my goodness that’s amazing / terrible

jane_marie
August 13th, 2020, 07:07 AM
Did you all catch this one?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53761744

Apparently there's something about the shower water. :)

Bad Hair day?

Trumpian solution: Blame conservationists.

Makes sense.

Oh my goodness! Thank you for this.

lapushka
August 13th, 2020, 07:44 AM
Guys I happened to copy/paste a BBC news link where his "do" wasn't as great. But in other articles it isn't so, so it's not about the picture at all. It's about his shower head and water pressure. ;)

jane_marie
August 13th, 2020, 07:52 AM
Guys I happened to copy/paste a BBC news link where his "do" wasn't as great. But in other articles it isn't so, so it's not about the picture at all. It's about his shower head and water pressure. ;)

Well, it's actually about him trying to distract the public by coming up with some nonsense fight about laws that regulate water pressure in areas near the ocean not about his specific shower heads or water pressure. He does this a lot. He messes up or looks like an idiot ("has a bad hair day" if you will) and claims that some sort of policy is to blame.

I guess I should pay attention more but it can be a bit maddening having someone so.... inept in charge of things especially when there are so many people that support him.

Thanks for correction :flower:

lapushka
August 13th, 2020, 10:02 AM
Well, it's actually about him trying to distract the public by coming up with some nonsense fight about laws that regulate water pressure in areas near the ocean not about his specific shower heads or water pressure. He does this a lot. He messes up or looks like an idiot ("has a bad hair day" if you will) and claims that some sort of policy is to blame.

I guess I should pay attention more but it can be a bit maddening having someone so.... inept in charge of things especially when there are so many people that support him.

Thanks for correction :flower:

I didn't want to make it "seem" as if I was making "fun" of someone, when I was clearly not trying to!

squirrrel
August 13th, 2020, 10:22 AM
I have to say, if it were anyone else I would have put it down as them making a joke of some kind. It being him, this kind of idiocy is depressingly possible.

jane_marie
August 13th, 2020, 10:48 AM
I didn't want to make it "seem" as if I was making "fun" of someone, when I was clearly not trying to!

No, it didn't seem like you were making fun just making a correction. :)

lapushka
August 13th, 2020, 03:32 PM
No, it didn't seem like you were making fun just making a correction. :)

Great! :) & Awesome! :D

Obsidian
August 13th, 2020, 03:40 PM

Make fun if you want, most of America does. Man is a idiot and dangerous to boot. Make me ashamed that he was actually voted in and has so many supporters.

That being said, I'm all for improved water pressure and better washing machines. Our water efficiency clothes washer doesn't even get all the clothes wet. Sometimes I have to wash hubby's work clothes 2 or 3 times.

lapushka
August 13th, 2020, 04:07 PM
Make fun if you want, most of America does. Man is a idiot and dangerous to boot. Make me ashamed that he was actually voted in and has so many supporters.

That being said, I'm all for improved water pressure and better washing machines. Our water efficiency clothes washer doesn't even get all the clothes wet. Sometimes I have to wash hubby's work clothes 2 or 3 times.

I did not want to offend anyone, you know. :)

I am not a Trump supporter either, to say the least, but I still wanted to keep it "nice".

Sucks about having to re-wash!

Would that be one area where he's right? ;) :p

baanoo
August 13th, 2020, 05:28 PM
Well, on the bright side of this whole debacle, at least Kamala has a lovely head of hair - I suppose we’ll notice if this travesty of showerheads continues to be a problem!

(All joking aside, our high efficiency washer seems to do a very good job; I imagine it probably has a lot to do with the relative hard/softness in our respective areas)

Jane99
August 13th, 2020, 07:09 PM

Omg, ok she is hilarious. But so bad. Because who flushes the toilet 15 times. Bafoonery.

Kalamazoo
August 24th, 2020, 11:04 AM
Well, maybe not 15 toilet flushes, but I've definitely had to flush 4 or more times to get stuff to go down. I've been wishing Congress would repeal that toilet law ever since it was passed. Toilets used to work better.

And I thought Sarah Cooper was hilarious.

leafygreens18
August 24th, 2020, 12:47 PM
I would say sorry for being inflammatory, but I am not sorry. May that man be forever cursed with low water pressure, or preferably far worse.

But on the positive side, I'm fricken obsessed with Kamala's hair, it's so gorgeous and her photos of her natural texture when she was younger are adorable too.

Jane99
August 24th, 2020, 04:26 PM
Well, maybe not 15 toilet flushes, but I've definitely had to flush 4 or more times to get stuff to go down. I've been wishing Congress would repeal that toilet law ever since it was passed. Toilets used to work better.

And I thought Sarah Cooper was hilarious.

Maybe I am blessed with my bodily functions, but the only time I’ve had to flush more than twice was at my in-law’s house... during their large christmas party... and it probably was more like 15 times. It was terrible so I feel your pain. I will never use that toilet again!! Their downstairs one works great though... maybe Trump had something to do with it.

baanoo
August 25th, 2020, 06:28 PM
... But on the positive side, I'm fricken obsessed with Kamala's hair, it's so gorgeous and her photos of her natural texture when she was younger are adorable too.

giphy.com/gifs/IgpZvHTWIbI8Y9TLcE/html5

(Edited because I messed up the image tag & just took it out)

Kalamazoo
August 27th, 2020, 09:19 AM
And then again, I was shopping at Walmart a couple days ago, only did #1, used 9 squares of TP. It took 11 flushes...

The Bible says all have sinned & fallen short of the glory of God. Doubtlessly true of the President, but I agree with everything he said in Sarah Cooper's lip-synch. Sometimes the truth is really funny.

Strands
August 27th, 2020, 09:42 AM
And then again, I was shopping at Walmart a couple days ago, only did #1, used 9 squares of TP. It took 11 flushes...

The Bible says all have sinned & fallen short of the glory of God. Doubtlessly true of the President, but I agree with everything he said in Sarah Cooper's lip-synch. Sometimes the truth is really funny.

I am on board with ya on this one. I hate politics, but not nearly as much as I hate the water pressure everywhere I seem to go. Only had it really good a couple handfuls of times in my life. eek.

If Trump can give me the water pressure I need to properly clean my scalp, I must say that is a work that would greatly impact the quality of my life. Just saying. I mean I have an account on LHC so we already know what my priorities are. LOL