PDA

View Full Version : CGM When to start protine treatments? Where to start

Briar.Rose
August 6th, 2020, 10:03 AM
Hi, I started the curly girl method I am not sure what my curl pattern is. It seems all over the place I thought I had straight hair until it got frizzy and found the curly girl method I thought at most I’d find some waves but I find the odd spiral after wash day so that’s sort of exciting not sure if it’s possible to not find out your hair is curly this late in life or if different sections have tighter curl patterns any way I digress

I have super fine hair and it’s long so I try not to weigh it down with too many creams or heavy products. I’m not sure of my hairs porosity because my hair is so fine the cup test probably won’t be accurate for me. It takes hours to dry this is why I usually only wash it once a week, luckily it dosent get very oily and so I started deep conditioner once a week I’m thinking that my hair might need a protein treatment by how it feels but not sure what I should do. gelatine, rice water or just buy something ready made?

Bri-Chan
August 6th, 2020, 10:27 AM
You can try to take a typing picture. You need to wash your hair as usual and let it air dry without any kind of manipulation. We also have a thread for that. Typing has nothing to do with how hair looks after styling/scrunching etc.

I have very fine hair too, I can suggest you to buy some product with proteins in it but to pay attention to not choose something with a lot of protein, because on me that weight down my loose waves.

lapushka
August 6th, 2020, 11:44 AM
I think if your hair is behaving pretty nicely, best thing is not to even mess with added protein (and by that I mean "true" protein treatments such as Aphogee). Just use "regular" conditioners and masks and it should be fine.

Also Bri-Chan is right. It is *awesome* that you are discovering the natural texture of your hair, but for a "typing" picture there are rules, you can't scrunch, or do CG, or any of the sort, you just need to shampoo (perhaps condition), then wring out, maybe lightly towel dry and then leave it alone to dry, no manipulation, no combing, no brushing, nothing of the sort.