PDA

View Full Version : Mid thigh length by Christmas/Yule 2022

squirrrel
August 1st, 2020, 01:01 AM
This is another long range goal, being over two years away right now. I realised earlier this week that if my current growth rate keeps up (around a cm per month) I could reach mid thigh length partway through 2022. This would also equal fingertip by age 40 for me, which seems like a fun goal. Mid thigh length has always seemed like one of my ideal lengths, with hip length being another. I’m looking forward to seeing what I am thinking about growing on from there. I am just calling bcl now and hope to reach tbl by this Christmas.

Anyway. If this seems like a feasible goal for anyone else, I look forward to checking in with with you all ass time goes on..

Bat
August 1st, 2020, 02:16 AM
This is another long range goal, being over two years away right now. I realised earlier this week that if my current growth rate keeps up (around a cm per month) I could reach mid thigh length partway through 2022. This would also equal fingertip by age 40 for me, which seems like a fun goal. Mid thigh length has always seemed like one of my ideal lengths, with hip length being another. I’m looking forward to seeing what I am thinking about growing on from there. I am just calling bcl now and hope to reach tbl by this Christmas.

Anyway. If this seems like a feasible goal for anyone else, I look forward to checking in with with you all ass time goes on..

good luck with your goal, when I first joined her my goal was MTL, then it changed to floor and now it is hip/terminal to be more realistic while my hair is pretty short

Tinyponies
August 1st, 2020, 02:34 AM
Hello squirrrel!

What an exciting prospect. Mid thigh? I’d love to, in theory.

I can’t envision cutting any time soon. I’m just about bcl too. It seems there one minute and an inch away the next, so I’ve been holding back. I keep wondering if I’ll just get to tbl before I realise it. Maybe bcl is a tricky one as the slight turn of the head moves the hairs away.

I will be turning 40 in spring 2021 so maybe that’ll be around when I reach classic or just-about.

However after that I would expect to fall behind this goal, as I’m really very tall and expect to have some stalling/shedding after my big operation scheduled in autumn this year. But who knows?

Really I’m waffling because I’m excited that this could be possible, and simultaneously in denial that that’s really true! Weird feeling haha.

Thanks for making the thread!

squirrrel
August 1st, 2020, 03:22 AM
Thanks Bat.

I see what you mean about the challenges Tinyponies. For me it’s a calculation of growing one cm per month, so if I have a time of slower growth it might not happen. It will be interesting to see how your growth goes in the context of being that bit taller. Classic by 40 would be fantastic. The changing real length at every second turn does get frustrating. I hope all goes well with the recovery from the op and that you don’t find too much of a stall follows.

I look forward to seeing how the future comes together for you.

Tinyponies
August 1st, 2020, 06:13 AM
Thanks squirrrel, 1cm per month must be about right for me too. I’ve been wondering if it’s slowing down, but could just be the weird *near but far away* butt crack thing :lol:

It’ll be fun to check in here and see how you’re doing too. Long goals are nice, and even better with friends. :)

Jools69
August 1st, 2020, 07:27 AM

Good luck; I think it’s a feasible goal for you to achieve and looking forward to see your updates. :)

Ylva
August 1st, 2020, 10:32 AM
Congrats on BCL, squirrrel and Tinyponies!

I would like to join you guys as well. I don't know how much I will be trimming along the way but that we shall find out later. For now, MTL by the end of 2022 looks like a reasonable goal for me.

Dark40
August 1st, 2020, 10:37 AM
Hey squirrrel, Congratulations on reaching BCL! :) I remember when I first joined here I started out very short with a chin length bob, and now I am almost WL. I am hoping by Christmas of this year I will have reached hip length. So, I am joining you on this milestone! Also, when I first joined I've also set my goal to MTL too but now I've set it to terminal or to see where it's going to actually grow. It's funny that I know my hair growth rate per month is 2cm. Happy growing! :)

Tinyponies
August 1st, 2020, 01:26 PM
Thanks Ylva, good luck on the long voyage *now imagining us all in boats*

So I had to get SO to take a pic of where my ends fall and I think we have “cracked” my bcl issue. Won’t be sharing that one :lol:
On myself it feels like bcl is the top of my bum cheeks, or where butt cleavage starts but visually, the crack, it’s an inch or more below there. So I’ve been bunching up my ends and feeling where they’re at, then SO says “nope not there yet”. Ha!
So maybe I’m at butt cheek length. :rollin:

Sorry for big bcl descriptions I don’t know how else to articulate this :lol:

squirrrel
August 2nd, 2020, 12:57 AM
I see what you mean Tinyponies. That gets frustrating for you. Still, it cannot be too far away now.

Thanks for the encouragement Jools. Ylva, and Dark, welcome to the challenge. It will be interesting to see where we all end up.

AutobotsAttack
August 2nd, 2020, 02:02 AM
Ehh might as well. I’m hovering around Upper thigh length, so I guess mid thigh is feasible by the end of the year. I’ve got about 4 inches to grow until 2020 is over. Hopefully I can retain all 4 of those inches.

squirrrel
August 2nd, 2020, 02:13 AM
You’ll beat the rest of us hollow as we have two years to go:blossom::cheese:. I hope all goes well with your achieving it by this Christmas though. :flowers:

AutobotsAttack
August 2nd, 2020, 03:29 AM
You’ll beat the rest of us hollow as we have two years to go:blossom::cheese:. I hope all goes well with your achieving it by this Christmas though. :flowers:

much appreciated! Same to you!

Siv
December 2nd, 2020, 12:30 PM
Hellooo :waving: I'm here to mostly lurk :face: Not sure if MTL is feasible for me even if I don't duck out halfway through or even trim off split ends but eh :shrug: I guess we'll see how the growing goes!

cat11
December 2nd, 2020, 12:54 PM
This thread is perfect for me! I would love to join this thread. I'm juuust at fingertip now which is only a few inches past classic for me. I don't know if I will make it or not, but I am trying to only minimally trim until 2022 to see if I make it!!

Ylva
December 2nd, 2020, 01:09 PM
Hellooo :waving: I'm here to mostly lurk :face: Not sure if MTL is feasible for me even if I don't duck out halfway through or even trim off split ends but eh :shrug: I guess we'll see how the growing goes!

:waving: Wohoo!

It's a long way away, so it's totally understandable that plans change. It's totally possible that I won't even want to have my hair at mid-thigh, but who knows. It's worth experiencing!

This thread is perfect for me! I would love to join this thread. I'm juuust at fingertip now which is only a few inches past classic for me. I don't know if I will make it or not, but I am trying to only minimally trim until 2022 to see if I make it!!

Yay, welcome!

Tinyponies
December 2nd, 2020, 11:02 PM
I will be turning 40 in spring 2021 so maybe that’ll be around when I reach classic or just-about.

What a load of rubbish :lol: I worked that out wrong didn’t I? Maybe tbl January 2021 and classic Jan 2022 at a guess so mid-thigh some time in 2023 I reckon.

Still cool to ponder on :)

squirrrel
December 2nd, 2020, 11:39 PM
Hey... welcome Siv and Cat11.

Yes, it is a big thing to contemplate MTL from around classic, especially when you don’t know how your ends will hold up. I think that mid thigh is potentially a big ask: especially for those who have a while between ftl and mid thigh. They are almost the same on me, so getting used to hair longer than arms will be around that point for me. The state of my hem might also play a part: I will never have very thick hair, but I do wonder how much the thickness might travel down if given the chance. If it doesn’t drive me demented I would like to experience the length at least once, though who knows how long I shall enjoy my hair being. I dodge between being intrigued about how long it can grow and not wanting to deal with floor length!

I shall look forward to seeing how your progress goes Cat.

I know that feeling Ponies. I think that it is so easy to imagine what could be: I don’t have long between tbl and classic, maybe six months or so, but I think you have a longer torso than I do, and growth rates can differ as well. You never know if you might get a spurt at some point though. Yes, I can find wishful thinking too...

cat11
December 3rd, 2020, 08:14 AM
Hey... welcome Siv and Cat11.

Yes, it is a big thing to contemplate MTL from around classic, especially when you don’t know how your ends will hold up. I think that mid thigh is potentially a big ask: especially for those who have a while between ftl and mid thigh. They are almost the same on me, so getting used to hair longer than arms will be around that point for me. The state of my hem might also play a part: I will never have very thick hair, but I do wonder how much the thickness might travel down if given the chance. If it doesn’t drive me demented I would like to experience the length at least once, though who knows how long I shall enjoy my hair being. I dodge between being intrigued about how long it can grow and not wanting to deal with floor length!

I shall look forward to seeing how your progress goes Cat.

I know that feeling Ponies. I think that it is so easy to imagine what could be: I don’t have long between tbl and classic, maybe six months or so, but I think you have a longer torso than I do, and growth rates can differ as well. You never know if you might get a spurt at some point though. Yes, I can find wishful thinking too...

I don't know If I am really asking for too much either. I can hope. I took a pic yesterday that made me think it could be doable but with some luck and barely any trimming. I want to actually measure how much growth I will need so I know how much I can afford to trim at New Year.

Honestly I also waffle back and forth about how long I really want to grow my hair. I think I want to at least see what knee is like eventually. I don't know if once I get to that point, or even once I get to MTL, if I will like and want to continue growing though. MTL or Knee seem to be lengths where people can still maintain their ends well which is important to me, but I may get curious about how long I can grow and just keep going if I can...

Siv
December 3rd, 2020, 02:25 PM
Hmm yes, I'm also uncertain of how my ends will do at very long lengths. Right now I don't think I'll enjoy thin ends and I'm seeing some thinning out now around TBL so I'll have to see how that situation develops.

cat11
December 3rd, 2020, 02:49 PM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43607&d=1607032047

I think I can make it by 2022... as you can see I am just at fingertip. It helps midthigh isn't really a line like many other milestones, but more of an area.

Edit: I am not sure if understand actually when the deadline for this thread is. Is it mid thigh by the beginning of 2022 or mid thigh by the end? I think I can make it by 1/1/2022

rhosyn_du
December 3rd, 2020, 08:54 PM
This is going to be a stretch for me, since I'm at not-quite-TBL right now and have some pretty damaged ends, but it took me about two years to grow from this length to fingertip (which on me is just past mid-thigh) last time, so I might just make it. Either way, I'm ready to try and cheer the rest of you on!

Jane99
December 3rd, 2020, 09:12 PM
Well if this was a fingertip length by the time we’re 40 thread I might be in but that won’t be until Yule 2025 (My birthday is the solstice) for me but I could potentially be pretty close by then if it keeps growing... i might be closer to TBL by 2022 assuming no hair disasters by then.
Good luck you all!

squirrrel
December 3rd, 2020, 11:53 PM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43607&d=1607032047

I think I can make it by 2022... as you can see I am just at fingertip. It helps midthigh isn't really a line like many other milestones, but more of an area.

Edit: I am not sure if understand actually when the deadline for this thread is. Is it mid thigh by the beginning of 2022 or mid thigh by the end? I think I can make it by 1/1/2022

Hi... the end point is the other end of 2022: looks like you might be aiming for around Christmas/Yule 2021. If you can do that then great, if not then feel free to stay with us. Depending on how my measurements are and whether my growth rate remains consistent/any trims, I might be to mtl around summer 2022, so...

You and Rhosyn are both welcome in the group. It is great to have you. Rhosyn, I too ponder how much I might need to chop to keep my ends healthy and tie that up with how much I might be able to thicken the ends up. I think I want to achieve this goal before seriously thinking about anything else.

Jane, I know how it feels like to be half in a group. I shall look forward to cheering you on to your own fingertip by 40. Looking forward to seeing you reach tbl in two years time.

Pouncequick
December 4th, 2020, 12:43 PM
I'll tentatively hang out here. I'm just about TBL right now and I could probably make MTL by the end of 2022. I'm planning right now to maintain in the TBL to CL range for the first half of next year and then get back to growing so we'll see if that sets me back too far to hit the goal. I'm also not sure I really want to grow past classic so I may duck out if my ends get too tangly.

Then again, I also may not trim as much as I originally planned. I really am enjoying the length even if my ends are thin.

cat11
December 4th, 2020, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Squirrel :) I think I will stick around anyway because it still is the thread closest to my goal.

Pouncequick, I think you have a chance, looking at your sig!

squirrrel
December 4th, 2020, 01:54 PM
Good to have you both Cat and Pouncequick. I shall look forward to hearing how things continue to progress for you both.

Tinyponies
December 24th, 2020, 07:19 AM
Hey all, I called TBL today so as it stands, so having graduated the TBL by solstice 2020 thread this is my main hangout for now. Unless we make a CL thread? When might we reach that goal hmmmm...

Happy growing, everyone.

Sparkles122
December 25th, 2020, 09:16 AM
I think I might make this, which sounds really strange for me to say, because I cant imagine my hair that long. I’m at bcl right now which measures about 38-39 on me. I’ve been monitoring my growth rate for the past couple years and I usually get about 6-8 inches a year. I haven’t trimmed and if I happen to it will only be a dusting. So at this time in 2022 should put me at 50 inches, which is slightly past mid thigh on me...weird..

strawberrywine
December 25th, 2020, 10:34 AM
I might be able to make this too.
MTL is 7 inches away for me which may or may not be possible as my growth rate has been a bit unreliable since reaching TBL
Also tempted to make a mid way goal thread... maybe a classic by yule 2021 thread?

Siv
December 27th, 2020, 04:19 AM
Hey all, I called TBL today so as it stands, so having graduated the TBL by solstice 2020 thread this is my main hangout for now. Unless we make a CL thread? When might we reach that goal hmmmm...

Happy growing, everyone.

I'd love a Classic by solstice 2021! Classic is my new goal, methinks. Did anyone make it?

Tinyponies
December 27th, 2020, 10:45 AM
I'd love a Classic by solstice 2021! Classic is my new goal, methinks. Did anyone make it?

Classic by solstice sounds great. :thumbsup:

strawberrywine
December 28th, 2020, 06:14 AM
I looked and couldn't find a classic length by 2021 thread so I went and made one:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=153502

I hope to see some of you over there :o

squirrrel
December 28th, 2020, 06:20 AM
Sounds good to me. I should hit classic some point this year: it’s around 9 or 10cm on me now.

Siv
December 30th, 2020, 04:51 AM
I looked and couldn't find a classic length by 2021 thread so I went and made one:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=153502

I hope to see some of you over there :o

Yay!! Thank you!! I'm heading right over!

Hmm, I'm estimating that by Dec 2022 I may be at 130 cm if I grow on avg. 1.25 cm/mo (and don't cut/maintain/etc.), and it's darn difficult to measure what MTL would be on me by myself but I think it might be 134 cm. So, I guess we'll see how it goes!

squirrrel
March 19th, 2021, 01:52 AM
Helooo... checking in on the long goal now. I should say, welcome to those I failed to do so to before. Still feeling hopeful about this, although I do have to be careful. I took a cm or two off the ends in January and have recently noticed a lot of split ends (which I have trimmed off when I saw them) when the sunlight has hit them just right. I don’t think I am putting myself back too much and the splits would likely break off eventually anyway. I think that after achieving mid thigh length I shall move to quarterly trims for a bit: where I tie my plaits off, my hair is currently around the thickness of a USB cable. Might be worthwhile seeing if I can spend a few years thickening it up before moving on much further. But first: Classic and then mid thigh!

Dark40
March 21st, 2021, 10:54 AM
Heloo squirrrel. Yes, it has been a while since you've checked in. Yeah, you gotta be careful that you don't take off too many centimeters off as well, and getting split ends. Do you deep condition and keep your hair and ends moisturized? What I do to prevent split ends is I deep condition my hair once or twice a week, and during the week since I'm a frequent hair washer I use a hair mask after every wash, and that is either 2 or 3 times a week, and sometimes I do hot oil treatments also once a week. Or, whenever I feel there is a need. I only trim the small tips of my ends once a year. I don't do that muck trimming at all. Because, I really don't need to, and I've had my last trim back during the end of February, and I have made plans to not do anymore trimming for another 5 or 6 years from now. I am following the youtuber named, "Gosammer." She grew hair to floor length in 6 years without any trims! So, I feel if she can do it so can I. She is also on here as well.

squirrrel
December 22nd, 2021, 05:12 AM
One year to go for this challenge! How is everyone getting on? I took the decision today that I would trim back to classic area: the few hairs I had were really difficult to see and I was concerned about the ends taking more damage because of this. I’m not sure if this will put my goal in doubt but having done it I have slightly thicker ends and can plan better to try and protect them more.

I look forward to hearing about peoples progress over the course of the year.

Pouncequick
December 22nd, 2021, 12:35 PM
Hey squirrrel. I am a little past classic and also plan to trim back to solid classic in order to thicken up my ends and remove damage. I don't know if I will make it to mid-thigh in a year as I'm ~4 inches away now and I've already learned a full year without trims isn't worth it for me. I'll probably try to only trim 2" before Christmas next year and wear my hair braided and up as much as possible. Even if I don't make it I should be pretty close unless I end up needing to trim more than expected.

Ylva
December 24th, 2021, 01:58 PM
Third person in the same exact position reporting in! :waving: I've been maintaining at slightly past classic this quarter and will have one more 1 cm trim very soon. Then, I'll be good to g(r)o(w) for a good while again. My ends aren't extremely thin anymore but they're damaged and I'm just not happy with their condition.

I'll be posting a starting shot once I have my final trim and then take my seasonal length shot.

Even if I don't make it I should be pretty close unless I end up needing to trim more than expected.

Exactly this.

Dark40
December 28th, 2021, 03:51 PM

Congratulations on making it to fingertip length! :cheer:
Your hair looks absolutely amazing! :)

Ylva
December 28th, 2021, 04:30 PM
Here is my starting shot for this year.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46492&d=1640608655

If I don't reach mid-thigh by the end of 2022, that's alright. At this point, I think I feel that my hair is "sufficiently long" and that I no longer need to strive for any particular goals - that it's enough to just grow onwards and see what happens. The focus is shifting from length gains to improving the quality by growing out more natural hair.

squirrrel
December 28th, 2021, 04:41 PM
If I don't reach mid-thigh by the end of 2022, that's alright. At this point, I think I feel that my hair is "sufficiently long" and that I no longer need to strive for any particular goals - that it's enough to just grow onwards and see what happens. The focus is shifting from length gains to improving the quality by growing out more natural hair.

Ylva: I wish I had a ‘love’ button. I was looking for one for both the picture and the sentiment. I hope that you reach the end of next year feeling like you are making good progress towards your goal.

Fitzpatrick
December 28th, 2021, 06:15 PM
I am aiming for mid thigh/upper knee by the end of next year. As of now I am at FTL, the longest it has ever been. Wish me good luck!

squirrrel
December 29th, 2021, 07:44 AM
Good to have you with us, Fitzpatrick. I look forward to to hearing how things go for you.

erebus
December 29th, 2021, 03:07 PM

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46492&d=1640608655

Such a cosy picture, and lovely hair too :-)

Ylva
December 30th, 2021, 11:10 AM
Ylva: I wish I had a ‘love’ button. I was looking for one for both the picture and the sentiment. I hope that you reach the end of next year feeling like you are making good progress towards your goal.

Thank you kindly. Are you still aiming for mid-thigh; if not by the end of the coming year, then eventually?

Such a cosy picture, and lovely hair too :-)

Thanks so much! :)

Dark40
December 30th, 2021, 12:49 PM

That is so very true! You have very pretty natural hair color! :) If by the time you've reached your goal and you still want to color or bleach it's totally up to you. I know as you and others out of LHC have said that bleaching isn't healthy for the hair. Especially, if you want it to grow out extremely long but it depends on how you do it, and how well you know what you doing when doing it, and also how well you take care of bleached or chemically-treated hair. BTW, your blonde ends are beautiful as well! :)

squirrrel
December 31st, 2021, 04:12 AM
Thank you kindly. Are you still aiming for mid-thigh; if not by the end of the coming year, then eventually?

Hey: yes, mid-thigh (or the hem of my measuring dress which is a little longer than that) is going to be my pause and thicken up point though I may ask a hairdresser I know to verify that it is healthy enough beyond the thinning out from S&D etc.

I have been attempting to get clear pictures of where my ends are now by using a better light: it’s around classic still but hard to see. These were the best pictures I achieved…

https://i.imgur.com/L2FynEs.jpg

Ylva
January 2nd, 2022, 07:15 PM
That is so very true! You have very pretty natural hair color! :) If by the time you've reached your goal and you still want to color or bleach it's totally up to you. I know as you and others out of LHC have said that bleaching isn't healthy for the hair. Especially, if you want it to grow out extremely long but it depends on how you do it, and how well you know what you doing when doing it, and also how well you take care of bleached or chemically-treated hair. BTW, your blonde ends are beautiful as well! :)

Thank you for your kind words, Dark! :) I don't think I'm totally opposed to, say, getting highlights in the future, but I also just want to have hair that's as healthy as possible, and easy and quick to take care of.

Hey: yes, mid-thigh (or the hem of my measuring dress which is a little longer than that) is going to be my pause and thicken up point though I may ask a hairdresser I know to verify that it is healthy enough beyond the thinning out from S&D etc.

I have been attempting to get clear pictures of where my ends are now by using a better light: it’s around classic still but hard to see. These were the best pictures I achieved…]

I think your fairytale ends look beautiful but I also understand wanting to thicken them up. I always feel like my ends stand stronger united, and that there is actually less breakage if my ends are thicker.

squirrrel
January 3rd, 2022, 01:22 AM
I think your fairytale ends look beautiful but I also understand wanting to thicken them up. I always feel like my ends stand stronger united, and that there is actually less breakage if my ends are thicker.

Thank you so much. I do love fairytail ends in most photos, when the contrast and lighting helps you to get a good picture of them (I must remember that keeping my screen lighting low doesn’t help with this!), but I definitely agree that thinner ends with more prone to damage.

paper.wyrm
January 3rd, 2022, 04:09 AM

It looks like you don't have much more growing to do before you reach mid thigh anyway, you may get there by accident even with trimming. Your hair looks great, I'll definitely be on the same path as you in 2022, improving the quality not the length. Fingers crossed we both get there!

squirrrel
January 5th, 2022, 02:20 PM
I decided to check how much progress I need to make to reach the end of my measuring skirt. If I have got it right, it’s 7 inches until then and fingertip is a little before that. So, 7 inches until I switch to quarterly trims and hoping to get thickness coming down a little further. I wonder how quickly I shall get there…

https://i.imgur.com/kF2sCJE.jpg

Here’s hoping for you, Paper.wyrm

Fitzpatrick
January 8th, 2022, 04:40 PM
This is what I am aiming for, my goal length! I guess until then it's on a wing and a prayer.

Dark40
January 14th, 2022, 09:43 PM
Thank you for your kind words, Dark! :) I don't think I'm totally opposed to, say, getting highlights in the future, but I also just want to have hair that's as healthy as possible, and easy and quick to take care of.

You're very welcome for the kind words, Ylva! :) I hear ya'. I'm with ya' on just wanting healthy hair in the future, and for it to be easy to take care of too.

Corvana
January 14th, 2022, 11:02 PM
You know what, this thread keeps popping up and I keep being tempted, and I think i will try for MTL by Christmas. It's technically past my goal (by about 3 inches), but why not!

squirrrel
March 23rd, 2022, 11:47 AM
Hey Corvana, welcome to the group.

I seem to fluctuate on whether or not this is still possible. At the moment, I’m thinking ‘yes’ as it currently seems to be growing well. Hard to say for sure though. I am looking forward to the point I begin quarterly trims though. I’m starting to feel that it is long and oscillating between long enough or eventually growing to knee so that my braid is around mid thigh length. Truth of the matter is that since I’m planning on trimming off the growth it doesn’t matter. And while the mid thigh length goal would also be nice it’s not important. Maybe that’s my coming to feel satisfied with what I have even if I am still growing longer and then looking to grow the thickness down. I can wait and that’s a nice feeling (and winter solstice is still almost nine months away…).

Ylva
September 18th, 2022, 01:52 PM
Wet, my hair looks at least close to mid-thigh from the side in the mirror but I’m not sure. I should ask someone to take a length shot soon. Either way, I’m in need of a good trim so I likely wouldn’t stay there anyway.

How is everyone doing?

Pouncequick
October 12th, 2022, 03:03 PM
Hey, Ylva, I already hit fingertip length which is roughly mid thigh on me once this year. I just trimmed about 1.5in (~5cm) because those ends were damaged and very thin. I expect to hit it again before Christmas though and I won't trim until after the holidays so I seem to be on track. I haven't taken a length shot since I hit classic because my hair has become impossible to deal with if it isn't up or braided all the time. For me this isn't really a bad thing and it compensates by being more comfortable in updos than it used to be and staying in braids without hair ties (for the most part if I don't care about the ends).

I also need to comb mine out and get a new length shot soon. I have a pair of mid thigh shorts I could use to measure. Mine looks "solidly classic" to me most of the time and I can't tell the length at all from the back without taking a million pictures. My braid is definitely around classic though because I've been sitting on it lately.

Ylva
October 26th, 2022, 03:50 PM
Nice going, Pouncequick!

I appear to have reached mid-thigh without noticing. I will also be trimming back some, though.

https://i.ibb.co/7g7rdbZ/IMG-20221025-030847.jpg (https://ibb.co/XymFrVK)

Glitch
October 27th, 2022, 06:00 PM

I have been attempting to get clear pictures of where my ends are now by using a better light: it’s around classic still but hard to see. These were the best pictures I achieved…

https://i.imgur.com/L2FynEs.jpg

I love your whole look and style so much!

Nice going, Pouncequick!

I appear to have reached mid-thigh without noticing. I will also be trimming back some, though.

https://i.ibb.co/7g7rdbZ/IMG-20221025-030847.jpg (https://ibb.co/XymFrVK)

Congratulations!! I love it whenever this happens!

squirrrel
October 28th, 2022, 03:02 AM
Thank you glitch.

Ylva, that’s good going and good growing. I look forward to seeing how your progress continues.

I’m at that point where it’s difficult to know when MTL actually is on me. Of course, I have been lax about braiding my hair recently and the natural wave makes it difficult to know how long it really is. I’m probably just going to document where it reaches by the solstice and take it as a win…

Lesley8
October 28th, 2022, 03:51 PM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47730&d=1664660728
I reached mid thigh as well.
Congrats everyone x

tuanyiji
October 28th, 2022, 06:05 PM
I’m so jealous of all of you, I’ll probably be mid-thigh/FTL by Christmas, 2023, that’s another year.

Ylva
November 2nd, 2022, 08:18 AM
Thanks everyone and congrats from me, too!

tuanyiji, I’ll probably be there with you as I cannot reasonably grow much further with this amount of bleach damage. Then again, I’ve been saying that for the past at least two years…

knobbly
November 2nd, 2022, 08:56 AM
I need to do a new length shot at some point. It’s so much harder during the winter as I have to do it outside in natural light because dark hair problems. But I think I’ll as least make it to FTL by the end of the year if I’m not there already. Landmarks are harder to check in the mirror these days. I’m also not sure how FTL and MTL compare on my body, so I’ll have to scrutinize my backside lol.

squirrrel
November 28th, 2022, 02:46 AM
Thanks everyone and congrats from me, too!

tuanyiji, I’ll probably be there with you as I cannot reasonably grow much further with this amount of bleach damage. Then again, I’ve been saying that for the past at least two years…

Call that a ditto from me: I am still sticking with my plan of maintaining for a year after this one. Jury is out on whether I take the length of the December solstice as my starting point and trim back to there with each Solstice and Equinox (for ease of remembering) or if I wait for the Equinox in March to do so I currently think I shall experiment on whether I can thicken the ends up by doing this for a year or two and then see what I want to do from there.

ETA: I stayed at my parents over night and have some white pj bottoms here. I think that true MTL is a little lower than ftl on me but others have said they’re practically the same thing. Anyway, I will see where I am in just less than a month’s time…

https://i.imgur.com/m0RJ4IH.jpg

Glitch
November 28th, 2022, 02:58 AM
Call that a ditto from me: I am still sticking with my plan of maintaining for a year after this one. Jury is out on whether I take the length of the December solstice as my starting point and trim back to there with each Solstice and Equinox (for ease of remembering) or if I wait for the Equinox in March to do so I currently think I shall experiment on whether I can thicken the ends up by doing this for a year or two and then see what I want to do from there.

Ooh, this just gave me the idea of maybe doing something similar. Not that I’m anywhere near mid-thigh (I wish! Jealous of you all hahah). Thicken up the ends for a year and then continue, hmm - super tempting!

Bat
November 28th, 2022, 03:20 PM
Ooh, this just gave me the idea of maybe doing something similar. Not that I’m anywhere near mid-thigh (I wish! Jealous of you all hahah). Thicken up the ends for a year and then continue, hmm - super tempting!

Enabler that I am I think you'd suit MTL :D

lapis_lazuli
November 28th, 2022, 03:41 PM
Enabler that I am I think you'd suit MTL :D

Bat, that's got to be one of my favourite avatars of yours :lol: Bathair!