PDA

View Full Version : how to hair type at longer lengths

Brethil
July 31st, 2020, 06:57 AM
I've never actually typed my hair. I've tried, but by the time I learned about it my hair was already XXL, so I've always given up halfway and stuck my hair in a bun. It's just too long and takes way too long to dry. And then I have tangley hair since there is no leave-in in it. So I know my hair is somewhat wavey, but not actually where it is classified. I guess it doesn't really matter, since I never wear it down anyway, but I'd kinda like to know.

Are there any better ways to do this?

MusicalSpoons
July 31st, 2020, 09:51 AM
Not to my knowledge ... a day when you can sit doing not much with it hanging free behind you is ideal! If you can comb it wet with conditioner before rinsing, it may help with tangles if your hair is happy with that? I tried typing my own again this year a couple of times but it took too long and I washed too late and I moved around too much :rolleyes:

(Actually if I'd thought about it sooner, today would have been a good day to try, at 33℃!)

Shorty89
August 1st, 2020, 10:43 AM
I don't know if there is a better way but I might use your leave in anyhow if you need. That way, your hair is at least manageable. I know it's not the 200% correct way to hairtype, but I think it would still work.