PDA

View Full Version : Need Shampoo Recs

kinnyuu
July 28th, 2020, 12:19 PM
Hi folks!

Looking for litre size, cheap, shampoo recs. I am wanting a large container as I run through shampoo quickly (I wash daily).
2a texture, pretty oily hair and low porosity. I am about BSL and going for waist/hip. Used to have TBL.
Was considering getting a large container of some Suave sleek & shine or Tresseme.
I'm in USA so USA products are needed.

KokoroDragon
July 28th, 2020, 06:28 PM
Funny that you just posted this - I was about to go looking for conditioner recs myself!

I'm not too well versed in shampoo brands, but if you're willing to go more "natural" I'd recommend Everyone brand 3-in-1 shampoo/body wash/bubble bath. You can buy a 32 fl oz bottle for $10.99. I haven't tried the shampoo myself, but their conditioner is my absolute favorite.

Or, have you looked into shampoo bars? Since they're concentrated, they last a long time. And they don't take up a lot of space, so they're easy to stockpile.

kinnyuu
July 28th, 2020, 07:32 PM
Funny that you just posted this - I was about to go looking for conditioner recs myself!

I'm not too well versed in shampoo brands, but if you're willing to go more "natural" I'd recommend Everyone brand 3-in-1 shampoo/body wash/bubble bath. You can buy a 32 fl oz bottle for $10.99. I haven't tried the shampoo myself, but their conditioner is my absolute favorite.

Or, have you looked into shampoo bars? Since they're concentrated, they last a long time. And they don't take up a lot of space, so they're easy to stockpile.

I did do shampoo bars for all of 2019 and even just got one to try again, but I don't think they really agree with my hair. Leaves me really really greasy within 12 hours and it leaves my hair feeling just super greasy and oily. :/

Jane99
July 28th, 2020, 08:42 PM
I was using a tresemme sulfate free shampoo and my hair felt pretty good... I use a soapnut mix now though.

arr
July 29th, 2020, 06:31 AM
I love the Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo. You get a huge bottle at a very affordable price. It is a simple shampoo that cleans well and leaves no buildup.

lapushka
July 29th, 2020, 07:56 AM
If you're not picky and it doesn't have to cost a lot (preferably, right :D), I'd say go with Suave (and keep the Suave daily clarifying on deck just in case you need to really de-gunk), and or V05.

There's also Garnier Fructis, L'Oréal Elvive (very nice), or Garnier Whole Blends, Pantene and Herbal Essences, slightly more expensive.

They are all very nice, but do look for a shampoo for "oily" or "normal to oily" scalp, if you can find one. The daily clarifying for sure is that! You don't want your shampoo to be a hydrating or moisturizing one too much. Especially if you can barely last a day.

shelomit
July 29th, 2020, 10:40 AM
Suave Daily Clarifying is what I use for clarifying washes. It's cheap as the bejeezus and works well. Takes maybe a dime-sized squirt to work through your scalp, so it should last you a while, too. I'm certain if I actually washed daily it would be too strong for me, but if you have oily roots that's probably not an issue.

Zesty
July 29th, 2020, 11:51 AM
I use Suave Daily Clarifying too. Maybe too strong for some but you can always dilute it, as long as your scalp gets along with sulfates. It's cheap, goes a long way, and gets my scalp clean without irritating it.

daisy rei
July 29th, 2020, 12:06 PM
I recommend looking at the shampoo selection on BJs.com or at Sam's Club. They have massive, liter sized bottles for reasonable prices (and you don't need a membership, like I had thought). They have brands like Dove, Pantene, and Herbal Essences.

MusicalSpoons
July 29th, 2020, 04:34 PM
Over here a 900ml bottle of Tresemme can be as little as £2.-odd when it's on special offer, or about £5 full price. If it's similarly cheap over there I'd probably recommend trying it; the cleanse and replenish one - shampoo, not the 2in1 - I sometimes use to clarify/chelate my lengths and it lathers up really well and my hair actually feels nice and slippy after rinsing it off, which I would not expect from a shampoo. (I don't use sulphates on my scalp though so can't testify how it does with normal use.)

TwilightMermaid
July 29th, 2020, 05:04 PM
I personally love Pantene Pro-V. I have a Costco liter-size, but I believe you can find a liter size at Walmart or any other large grocery type of store. As others have said, Suave is a good brand to look for cheap but large bottles. I believe the particular line is Suave Essentials that has value size at 30 oz and are usually 2-3$ depending which store and where you live.

ExpectoPatronum
July 29th, 2020, 10:10 PM
I love the Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo. You get a huge bottle at a very affordable price. It is a simple shampoo that cleans well and leaves no buildup.

I'd also recommend this one. I only use it periodically but it's a great cheap shampoo.