PDA

View Full Version : If your scalp hair growth speed changes, do you notice it in your body hair too?

Fimu
July 25th, 2020, 03:00 AM
For example, if your hair grows faster for whatever reason, do you notice you have to shave your armpits more often?

Suortuva
July 25th, 2020, 03:11 AM
For example, if your hair grows faster for whatever reason, do you notice you have to shave your armpits more often?

Ha ha, no. I have to shave my armpits every time I take a shower, which is quite often. I could shave them every day, or even twice a day, but I don't bother.

When I kept measuring my growth, I noticed I had stalls and growth spurts. But, I trim my bangs myself and I really don't notice anything special there, it seems I end up trimming them once a month.

lapushka
July 25th, 2020, 03:34 AM
I never notice. To be fair, though, I'm not that obsessed with it *that* I even notice. :lol:

I was a little different when still growing out my hair, because I was slightly afraid that I could no longer grow it that long, but after a couple hair dye disasters, I simmered down quite a bit and just... let it do its thing. IMO, that's the best way to get to your goals, just... let it do its thing (it's not easy!) but the other option is excruciating. ;)

Jools69
July 25th, 2020, 05:39 AM
Not that I’ve noticed. Although I do wonder if head hair grows at the same rate as other body hair? I find that hair on my face and other parts of my body (I have PCOS), seem to grow much faster than head hair. Whether this is down to PCOS, or in part, more noticeable being shorter hairs than my head hair? :shrug:

Feral_
July 25th, 2020, 06:03 AM
Not noticed it on body hair but I don’t have much naturally anyway. I do notice nail growth and that’s keratin too so there’s a link there.

Aerya
July 25th, 2020, 08:08 AM
Yeah. Not a huge difference, but I noticed all hair grows slightly slower and faster depending on diet, sleep, stress level, overall health. I haven't paid enough attention to it to confirm 100% but I notice my body hair growing fast as I shave "everything" and I'm fairly certain my hair grows faster when things are good too.

ExpectoPatronum
July 25th, 2020, 10:08 AM
This is an interesting question. Both my head and body hair, and also my nails, grow quickly which is fortunate or unfortunate depending on how you look at it :lol: I don't think there's really a difference in the two for me.

Siv
July 25th, 2020, 11:45 AM
Yeah. Not a huge difference, but I noticed all hair grows slightly slower and faster depending on diet, sleep, stress level, overall health. I haven't paid enough attention to it to confirm 100% but I notice my body hair growing fast as I shave "everything" and I'm fairly certain my hair grows faster when things are good too.

Me too! I visited Singapore for a month a few years ago, and because of the heat over there *all* hair grew insanely fast. Like, I had to shave twice a day if I wanted body hair all gone (sorry if TMI lol!) and I gained 5 cm in scalp hair which is way beyond my usual growth rate

MusicalSpoons
July 25th, 2020, 12:29 PM
I haven't noticed a difference but I did once measure my growth rate on my legs because it seemed so fast (same with armpits) and it turned out to be half an inch in a month, same as my scalp. So I assume if my scalp hair grew faster, the rest probably would too, but I can't say for a complete certainty.

Fimu
July 25th, 2020, 12:48 PM
Me too! I visited Singapore for a month a few years ago, and because of the heat over there *all* hair grew insanely fast. Like, I had to shave twice a day if I wanted body hair all gone (sorry if TMI lol!) and I gained 5 cm in scalp hair which is way beyond my usual growth rate

That's interesting! I wonder if the food you ate there also played a role.

AutobotsAttack
July 25th, 2020, 12:56 PM
I notice changes concerning my eyelashes. Whenever stuff shifts within my body, my lashes shed seems like one after the other. Then they’ll just stop shedding.

Aerya
July 25th, 2020, 01:10 PM

Mine grows fast in heat too! *cries in Scandinavian*

Being in warmer countries is such a PITA on the shaving side though, like on one hand I want to be smooth at all times since I'm barely wearing clothing, but on the other I'm probably sunburnt and shaving twice a day leaves my skin raw :lol:

lapushka
July 25th, 2020, 01:39 PM
Sometimes, for no reason at all, my leg hair grows back. I have 0 leg hair (due to my disability). Sometimes though it mysteriously grows; mostly it just doesn't. I take a look at it weekly, and then sometimes all of a sudden there's hair over 1cm long there when there was nothing before. :shocked:

Fimu
July 25th, 2020, 02:07 PM
Mine grows fast in heat too! *cries in Scandinavian*

Being in warmer countries is such a PITA on the shaving side though, like on one hand I want to be smooth at all times since I'm barely wearing clothing, but on the other I'm probably sunburnt and shaving twice a day leaves my skin raw :lol:

I live a bit south of you but with a maritime climate (this month has been cooler than average). During the years I was growing my hair from MBL to BCL, I was vacationing a tropical country every year for like a month (2013 - 2016). My hair health stalled a bit when I was no longer traveling. I guess I should visit tropical countries again once it's safe again if I want to give my hair growth a boost :lol:. Or go to a sauna every day for a month (only if it's safe enough).

sipnsun
July 25th, 2020, 02:42 PM
The hair on my head tends to grow faster in the summer months but not on the rest of my body. As a matter of fact, as I get older it's slowing down everywhere but my scalp which is great! I used to have to shave everyday but now I can go a week before there is a tiny stubble on my legs and about 3-4 days before before it is noticeable under my arms.

silentlotus
July 27th, 2020, 05:36 AM
I have noticed that since I have been taking biotin my hair on my head, underarms and legs have taken a rapid growths. Before biotin I would only need to shave once every week to 2 weeks, now I shave every time I take a bath. I was advised to take biotin by my doctor due to my thyroids going crazy (every time I have a blood test my thyroids are either hypo or hyper) and was causing extreme hair fall. The biotin stopped this thankfully. I personally would say it depends on the person and situation

Servana
July 27th, 2020, 07:10 AM
Yes when I took fish oil the hair on my head grew much faster than normal but so did the hair on the rest of my body.

Jools69
July 27th, 2020, 08:12 AM
I have noticed that since I have been taking biotin my hair on my head, underarms and legs have taken a rapid growths. Before biotin I would only need to shave once every week to 2 weeks, now I shave every time I take a bath. I was advised to take biotin by my doctor due to my thyroids going crazy (every time I have a blood test my thyroids are either hypo or hyper) and was causing extreme hair fall. The biotin stopped this thankfully. I personally would say it depends on the person and situation

PMServana
Re: If your scalp hair growth speed changes, do you notice it in your body hair too?

Yes when I took fish oil the hair on my head grew much faster than normal but so did the hair on the rest of my body.

I’ve always suspected that any oral potions people take to improve head hair growth, also would probably affect the growth of hair on other parts of the body. The Facebook ads I receive on my newsfeed are abundant with potions that claim to make hair grow faster, without mentioning any adverse side affects.