PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyle of the week/photo style reference

WavyGirl
March 23rd, 2008, 03:55 AM
Hi,

Let me just say I love the new photo albums format. It's great. But, I have a couple of questions.

I was wondering if there is any way to start an album that anyone can post pictures to. I miss being able to find examples of everyone's attempt at the same style in one place. I know part of the reason for the new format was to lessen the drain on the server by having only one photo load at a time, so it follows that it wouldn't be appreciated if I started a thread encouraging everyone to post pictures.

Also, is there anywhere we could group instructions on how to do styles. There was a really good thread on the old site with links to the members instructions on LHC. Would it be possible to do this again?

I'm sorry if you've already answered these questions. I did a search but I couldn't find anything. Thanks.

eadwine
March 23rd, 2008, 04:07 AM
I want to second that question.. I miss being able to see everyone's same do in one glance :)

Flaxen
March 24th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I was wondering if there is any way to start an album that anyone can post pictures to. I miss being able to find examples of everyone's attempt at the same style in one place. I know part of the reason for the new format was to lessen the drain on the server by having only one photo load at a time, so it follows that it wouldn't be appreciated if I started a thread encouraging everyone to post pictures.
If you would like to use the Social Groups to showcase individual styles, you may do that. Just post to the Social Group thread when you (or anyone) would like to start one. :smile:

Also, is there anywhere we could group instructions on how to do styles. There was a really good thread on the old site with links to the members instructions on LHC. Would it be possible to do this again?

I'm sorry if you've already answered these questions. I did a search but I couldn't find anything. Thanks.
Let me go see if I can retrieve those links.

ETA: There are a lot of instructions available in the Articles and How-To Archive (http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/archive/index.php/f-22.html).

Everyone, please feel free to submit hairstyle instructions to the new Articles section. Let's fill it up! :flowers:

Rae~
March 25th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Does this mean that threads with multiple photos are being discouraged? If not, what about threads such as the "Show me your hemline" one - where do you recommend those be put? The Mane Board is viewable by anyone registered, so putting it in the Off Topic section seems to provide the most protection for the photos (although it's still not much), but doesn't make much sense if it is actually a hair-related thread.

Will there be anywhere "protected" for photos apart from the limited size albums or our own blogs?

Flaxen
March 25th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Does this mean that threads with multiple photos are being discouraged? If not, what about threads such as the "Show me your hemline" one - where do you recommend those be put? The Mane Board is viewable by anyone registered, so putting it in the Off Topic section seems to provide the most protection for the photos (although it's still not much), but doesn't make much sense if it is actually a hair-related thread.
No, not being discouraged at all. Please post photos wherever you feel comfortable. As you said, for a measure of security, it would have to be in the Off-Topic area. Since hairstyle pix are likely to be back of the head only, the 25+ post Social Groups seems like a good place with the new site format.

Will there be anywhere "protected" for photos apart from the limited size albums or our own blogs?
I'm not promising anything, but we're thinking of something for "project" photo shoots that a group of people might do together. For personal photo threads, though, we don't have anything in the plans other than the albums/blogs.

WavyGirl
March 25th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the reply Flaxen and thanks for posting that link - I couldn't get to anything except the index in the archives. I might start a group if I can get good picture. Could be a challenge :silly:

It could just be me being daft but, I can't see how to create a group?

Flaxen
March 25th, 2008, 03:57 PM
It could just be me being daft but, I can't see how to create a group?
It's set up at the moment that only mods can create the groups. Just ask when you're ready. :smile:

Rae~
March 25th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Appreciate the reply, Flaxen. It's good to know that we can bend the rules *a little* and post hair stuff (ie the project photo threads) to the Off Topic section for the time being, if we want slightly more privacy. And many thanks for letting us know that there might be something else done down the track for these sort of photo threads - that would be excellent.

:flowers:

Beatnik Guy
March 25th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I know part of the reason for the new format was to lessen the drain on the server by having only one photo load at a time, so it follows that it wouldn't be appreciated if I started a thread encouraging everyone to post pictures.
Once the community meets board is back up it'll work on this basis -- as before. :cool:

Flaxen
March 25th, 2008, 07:49 PM
And many thanks for letting us know that there might be something else done down the track for these sort of photo threads - that would be excellent.

:flowers:
Just to be clear, by "projects," I meant something like LadyGodiva's graveyard shoot or some other shoot that a couple of LHCers might do together and might include their faces. :smile:

Rae~
March 25th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Ah, I see - thanks for the clarification. I guess I was thinking it meant any thread containing photos that might be stolen or "collected", for whatever reason. *shudder*

eadwine
March 28th, 2008, 12:05 PM
It still says admin check, I posted it a week ago or something like that.

Just wondering what is going on with it :)

eadwine
March 28th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Ey.. what is that doing here?

*mutters at hitting wrong buttons and reposts as new thread* :roll: :lol: