PDA

View Full Version : Quattro lovers --- I need some help!! ASAP. :-)

dagny
July 13th, 2020, 09:32 PM
I have been depressed over my hair since I am going through a major shed. I thought I would "spoil" myself by purchasing a beautiful Quattro hair fork that I had been drooling over for a long time.

The problem is I don't know if it will be too big for my current hair stats.

My thickness is below 3" (I stopped measuring it because it was too upsetting for me, especially when I see so much scalp showing every time I part my hair. :-( ) and my length is TB.

My hair can use 4" hairpins, the 3.5" Goody u-pin, and the 4" Lilla Rose U-Pins ok.

I had ordered the 4inch long 4-prong Quattro hair fork (labradorite), but am worried it might be too long or too wide. So then I went into "freak out" mode and asked Ron to cancel my order, only to have second thoughts a few minutes later asking him to NOT cancel my order in the hopes that perhaps it will work out after all.

Can anyone with a 4 prong Quattro fork give me some measurements or some recommendations?

I would greatly appreciate it -- and promise to STOP making spur-of-the-moment hair toy purchases at midnight when I should be getting my beauty rest! :p

lapushka
July 14th, 2020, 04:41 AM
If 4 inch is your "size", then why would it be different for Quattro? Because... it isn't. I know it's a bigger expense, but if 4 inch is your length in other things, you should be fine.

I would have started out with some basics first, though, but you are totally right, why not get a nice piece while you're at it. ;)

dagny
July 14th, 2020, 10:25 PM
If 4 inch is your "size", then why would it be different for Quattro? Because... it isn't. I know it's a bigger expense, but if 4 inch is your length in other things, you should be fine.

I would have started out with some basics first, though, but you are totally right, why not get a nice piece while you're at it. ;)

Lapushka,

I had read on the Quattro thread that the 4 prong forks are wide -- do you happen to know the width of the "original" 4 prong fork? He doesn't give the measurements on the listings (other than the size of the gemstone or the fpl). You had mentioned on that thread that due to the width, you don't usually wear the 4 prongs because your bun compresses a lot and this was what had worried me about the 4 prong and that it might not work for me either.

sumidha
July 15th, 2020, 01:19 AM
1.5 inches wide :)

I think you should be fine?

dagny
July 15th, 2020, 03:11 PM
1.5 inches wide :)

I think you should be fine?

That's all??!!! Oh, wow! I was thinking it was going to be some crazy width! :p. LOL

Thank you so much for measuring it for me! Ron still has yet to get back to me (probably thinking I am some sort of hysterical freak.... ). hahaha

sumidha
July 15th, 2020, 04:10 PM
No problem, I had one in my hair already and a tape measure right next to me :laugh:

lapushka
July 16th, 2020, 06:40 AM
For me the "regular" 4 prongs (I only have one) are about as wide as the bun. Which still works, but I kind of prefer my 2-prongers, since I can make them go into the very "knot" of the bun... if that makes any kind of sense. LOL!