PDA

View Full Version : I made a four strand!!!

chantiny
November 11th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Okay, so as I was just getting over the fact that my hair is long enough to have to pull it over my shoulder to finish the braid (great milestone btw!), I decided that Ms. Incompetent With Hair was going to start trying fancier things. I can do a cinnabun, and a couple of varieties thereof, and I can do a standard english braid. I can kind of sort of do a french braid as well, but it usually doesn't turn out all that great.

Last night I read instructions on a four strand braid, and took a little bit of the front part of my hair and did it in front of me so I could see what I was doing. This morning, I took the plunge and four-stranded all of my hair into one huuuge thick braid!!! :D

Hopefully I will be able to add photo of this gorgeous hunk of mess, but my camera is fighting with me so it will have to wait until after work!

My only complaint is that my hair is a U or a V hem, and it ends up getting so uneven in tassel length by the time I'm done with a braid, that I have braided about 1/2 of the tassel and the rest just hangs there like a ponytail. But thats ok I've got a 4 strand!!! :D:D:D

joyfulmom4
November 11th, 2008, 07:26 AM
WTG! I'd love to see pics. I have yet to master this braid.

Indigosails
November 11th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Congratulations on the four strand braid! Can't wait to see the pictures.

sahiba
November 11th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Congrats :thumbsup: and like others ,'where are the pics.'?

Islandgrrl
November 11th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I can't wait to see pictures.

Hey, I think you might be my hair twin, or at least very close.

Ryanne
November 11th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Congratulations!

jojo
November 11th, 2008, 07:18 PM
oh i love these braids eagerly awaiting photos!