PDA

View Full Version : One year post-big chop! (+ 7 year anniversary!)

ExpectoPatronum
July 10th, 2020, 05:33 PM
My last hair cut was July 4th 2019, when I had a friend at a BBQ cut it for me. They removed the remaining dead bits of bleach damage, leaving my hair completely virgin again!

Here's a comparison between last year and today

https://i.imgur.com/Po8QflC.jpg

I'm honestly so thrilled with how much it has grown! I didn't think there was that much of a difference until I put the two pictures side-by-side.

I don't remember exactly what milestone my hair was at after the chop, but it was at least APL stretched, and maybe a little above curly.

Now my hair is solidly waist-length (when I stretch out the curl, anyway), but hovering around BSL and MBL curly. This is the longest my hair has been since joining years ago. I unfortunately got stuck in a rut where I'd let my hair grow to MBL, then chop it back to APL or BSL because of one reason or another. If there's one hair-growing tip that I think is the most beneficial it's DON'T CUT YOUR HAIR. No amount of pampering is going to make it grow long if you're always cutting off your length. It took many years for me to finally stop chopping my hair off :lol:

Additionally, July 7th marks my 7th year anniversary of being a member here! Like a lot of you, I was a lurker of this forum for quite some time before taking the plunge and joining. There was so much to learn that I hardly posted when I first joined. As I learned more about taking care of my hair, I felt comfortable enough to post and share my experiences. This forum has been such a great place to not only learn about hair, but also to foster some internet friendships as there are so many genuinely kind people that are members here. I think it's great that we all come from different walks of life, but are united under our love of hair.

So, I just wanted to thank all of you on the LHC for creating an environment that's friendly, informational, and also fun. I've been on this site for 7 years, and I plan to be here for many more :toast:

dagny
July 10th, 2020, 05:40 PM
Congrats on your 7 years and gorgeous hair growth!! :-).

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
July 10th, 2020, 05:44 PM
Congrats on 7 years! And wow that looks like a lot of growth for one year! Your curls look great. :heartbeat

Bat
July 10th, 2020, 05:56 PM
Great growth! Congrats on 7 years here

hennalonghair
July 10th, 2020, 07:08 PM
Congratulations on 7 years. Your hair curls much nicer the longer it gets. You’ve got those perfect type ringlets. Super cute.
I can relate to the always cutting thing. I need signs hung on my house reminding me to stay away from the scissors. Lol

wo
July 10th, 2020, 08:36 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! Such nice volume.

Hexana
July 10th, 2020, 11:04 PM
Oh, how gorgeous! :love: That is a lot of growth for 1 year! :o
Also congrats on 7 years! :D

Tinyponies
July 11th, 2020, 12:21 AM
Congrats on seven years, and your lovely hair :) :heart: :cloud9:

squirrrel
July 11th, 2020, 12:46 AM
That growth curly is wonderful. I’m glad you got rid of the bits that were holding you back so you could make such gorgeous progress. Congratulations on the last 7 years, here’s to the next.

Lady Stardust
July 11th, 2020, 01:34 AM
Wow! Amazing growth and your hair is beautiful!

TatsuOni
July 11th, 2020, 02:26 AM
Congrats! That a lot of growth and your hair looks beautiful! :)

Mariekeeee14
July 11th, 2020, 04:15 AM
Wow, that looks so nice! Congrats:flower:

Clollii
July 11th, 2020, 04:24 AM
Congratulations!! Your hair looks lovely :cheer:

Sarahlabyrinth
July 11th, 2020, 07:54 AM
Beautiful! Congrats on 7 years! :)

curly girl fla
July 11th, 2020, 08:09 AM
Your curls are so bouncy and healthy, and you're so very pretty. Congratulations on the growth and anniversary.

sipnsun
July 11th, 2020, 08:10 AM
I love growth progress pics, and yours is very inspiring! Your hair is gorgeous and congrats on such great progress!

lapushka
July 11th, 2020, 08:18 AM
That is such a lovely post to read. :D

Congratulations, and OMG look at that growth! :)

Ylva
July 11th, 2020, 09:43 AM
Congrats; awesome growth, truly!

ExpectoPatronum
July 11th, 2020, 11:05 AM
Thank you everyone! Your kind words made my day :)

Vacurlylady
July 11th, 2020, 11:15 AM
Congratulations on 7 years and your amazing growth in a year! Your curls are absolutely amazing. I’m wondering your hair care routine... I’m a curly gal myself and love your curls!!! 💞💕

MusicalSpoons
July 11th, 2020, 03:51 PM
Ahh so beautiful! (Both you and your hair.) Lovely texture, and happy anniversary too!

0xalis
July 11th, 2020, 04:09 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! :inlove:
Curly hair is so mysterious in how it hides it's true length ;)

CuteCrow
July 11th, 2020, 07:16 PM
That's some growth! Congratulations! You have lovely hair, you look great in both styles :heart:

shelomit
July 11th, 2020, 09:45 PM
Whoa! That's a lot of change for one year! And your curls look so bouncy and happy in both photos : )

ExpectoPatronum
July 15th, 2020, 03:57 PM
Congratulations on 7 years and your amazing growth in a year! Your curls are absolutely amazing. I’m wondering your hair care routine... I’m a curly gal myself and love your curls!!! ����

Hi Vacurlylady!

My hair routine changes depending on what my hair needs, but it follows the same basic steps.

Sometimes I oil my scalp with JBCO before washing.

I wash with either an SLS free shampoo or with SLS depending on my scalp.

ROO method on the last six inches.

Condition - I like Shea Moistures Manuka Honey Intense Moisture mask the best.

Apply leave-in - Kinky Curly Knot Today is my favorite.

Squish to condish, then plop for however long.

Scrunch in a little gel. I don't have a gel I love yet.

I almost always let my hair air dry.

It seems like a lot, but I only do it twice a week which helps.

ExpectoPatronum
July 15th, 2020, 03:59 PM
And thank you again to everyone!

Vacurlylady
July 15th, 2020, 06:36 PM
Hi Vacurlylady!

My hair routine changes depending on what my hair needs, but it follows the same basic steps.

Sometimes I oil my scalp with JBCO before washing.

I wash with either an SLS free shampoo or with SLS depending on my scalp.

ROO method on the last six inches.

Condition - I like Shea Moistures Manuka Honey Intense Moisture mask the best.

Apply leave-in - Kinky Curly Knot Today is my favorite.

Squish to condish, then plop for however long.

Scrunch in a little gel. I don't have a gel I love yet.

I almost always let my hair air dry.

It seems like a lot, but I only do it twice a week which helps.

Thank you for your response. It doesn’t sound like a lot to a curly person. 🤣🤣

I’m definitely going to have to try Manuka Honey Intense Moisture Mask and the Kinky Curly Not Today Leave in. I have heard so much about them and have never gotten around to trying them.

Your curls and growth are fabulous! 🥰