PDA

View Full Version : Hair stylists be like

Obsidian
July 8th, 2020, 07:48 AM
Though you all would get a kick out of this🤣 You need Facebook to view it though.

https://www.facebook.com/833248503494584/posts/1580339148785512/

lapushka
July 8th, 2020, 03:24 PM
Too bad. I don't have FB. :shrug:

SelenVinland
July 8th, 2020, 03:44 PM
This was pretty funny and definitely reminded me of some hairdresser appointments I've had haha. "I'm just gonna thin it out" [cuts off huge chunk of hair]

Obsidian
July 8th, 2020, 04:28 PM

Sorry Lapushka, I looked for a youtube version but there wasn't one.

You know you can make a FB account with a fake name? As long as its a somewhat real sounding name there won't be any issues
Sometimes FB can come in handy to find things and I love the groups, providing you can find a good one without a bunch of jerks.

Clollii
July 8th, 2020, 04:33 PM
I'm so thankful for the day I bought hair scissors and started trimming my own hair ;)

CuteCrow
July 8th, 2020, 05:23 PM

You can watch it without FB! At least I could. Sadly I'm deaf and could not understand a word he was saying :lol:

Jane99
July 8th, 2020, 05:38 PM
I don’t have FB and was able to watch it! And yes, so accurate. I actually LOL’d! Thanks!!

Iyashikei
July 8th, 2020, 10:28 PM
Wow, I can't relate to this at all. Never even had a slightly obnoxious hairdresser. I went to one bad one but he was quiet. No wonder so many people here cut their own hair.

Jools69
July 9th, 2020, 01:55 AM
Very funny and can relate to a lot of it. I’ve had some youngsters ask me very personal questions regarding relationships. I have politely told them it’s none of their business!

emilyogini
July 9th, 2020, 04:22 AM
hahaha! that's awesome

lapushka
July 11th, 2020, 05:46 PM
Sorry Lapushka, I looked for a youtube version but there wasn't one.

You know you can make a FB account with a fake name? As long as its a somewhat real sounding name there won't be any issues
Sometimes FB can come in handy to find things and I love the groups, providing you can find a good one without a bunch of jerks.

I had FB for a short while but suspended my account. It sucked up so much of my time and energy. No. just no. But thanks anyway, I'm going to try and see if I can take a look at it just like this.

Wow, I can't relate to this at all. Never even had a slightly obnoxious hairdresser. I went to one bad one but he was quiet. No wonder so many people here cut their own hair.

My mom cuts & colors her own hair since she was in her 40s, that's 30 years of at least 120 euro every couple month saved! Imagine that.

Cost is a good factor too! And it's so easy to be able to cut your own hair. No fuss. No money spent. No tears afterwards. Awesome!

lapushka
July 11th, 2020, 05:54 PM
I was able to watch it! :)

Yeah, that sums it all up, right there, doesn't it? Who even wants that ordeal of non-stop blabber blabber blabber. I could never keep up with the small talk. :lol:

Dark40
July 11th, 2020, 06:27 PM
Ha ha ha I have FB! That was so funny! Thanks for sharing! :)

Bat
July 11th, 2020, 06:54 PM
I prefer to have my hairdresser not talk so much because my logic is if they are too chatty it means their full focus isn't on my hair

0xalis
July 18th, 2020, 02:25 PM
I don't actually mind chatty hairdressers but I'm a weirdo, I'm very curious/nosy about other people but I also don't like to pry so the kind of people that openly overshare about themselves entertain me :p

Obsidian
July 18th, 2020, 02:40 PM
It wasn't so much the talking that I found funny but the way the hair was being cut

GoldenRussian
July 18th, 2020, 05:28 PM
For those who don't have FB, it's on Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/p/B_dpHC9hP3B/

Iyashikei
July 18th, 2020, 10:13 PM
I don't actually mind chatty hairdressers but I'm a weirdo, I'm very curious/nosy about other people but I also don't like to pry so the kind of people that openly overshare about themselves entertain me :p
I actually have a coworker like that. She even tells the clients immediately when her bf hit her again and if you tell her something and then tell her nobody else is supposed to know the entire city knows that nobody is supposed to know that...
She isn't the most popular amongst the people I work with because of that.

spirals
July 19th, 2020, 02:31 AM
I'm a Jeni with an i as well haha. I love the facial expression right after "What if I do this? <snip>". The expression says "Oops!"

SwanFeathers
July 24th, 2020, 03:06 PM
the last encounter I had with a hairdresser was a friend's party. I was a bit late because I had been setting up my henna in a mini crockpot and wasn't paying attention to the time, when I mentioned this to my friend, her sister-in-law with the asemetrical pink bob decided to butt in and tell me all about how I'm going to melt all my hair off and I don't know what I'm doing. I just smiled, pulled my long henna-red braid over my shoulder and said "well, I don't know how you professionals do it, but this works fine for me." my friend proceeded to snort lemonade until her brother came over and corraled his wife :)
seriously though, why are they all so aggressive and angsty? it's like a soap opera everyday with them.

spirals
July 25th, 2020, 09:55 PM
I think since quite a few of them don't get paid well maybe they're frustrated that they went to school and had to pay for that only to lose customers to their own devices, like henna in our own crockpots or my having cut my own hair for 12-15 years now.