PDA

View Full Version : Long layered, thick, voluminous hair - Joyce Giraud

Mum
July 4th, 2020, 12:38 AM
I've recently started watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (10 years behind haha) and I've become obsessed with Joyce Giraud's hair.

I'm wondering if anything can be done to improve hair thickness? I used to have very thick hair but after 2 babies it is very thin, I think I've lost about half the thickness!

I'm considering if layers would help give the illusion of more volume?

I basically want Joyce Giraud's hair 😂😂 lol

lapushka
July 4th, 2020, 03:02 AM
If everything is OK health wise (no deficiencies, hormones in balance), then I'm guessing... that's it from now on.

I mean and those shows? Don't get me started. Extensions, extensions, extensions.

How much circumference do you have (the thickness measured around a ponytail, not including the elastic).

Mum
July 5th, 2020, 07:57 AM
I have 9cm circumstance. I'm getting a lot of baby hairs growing back in around my face but I'm hoping for another baby in the next year so I'm sure I'll loose more 😂

lapushka
July 5th, 2020, 05:01 PM
I have 9cm circumstance. I'm getting a lot of baby hairs growing back in around my face but I'm hoping for another baby in the next year so I'm sure I'll loose more ��

That's promising. And 9cm is on the verge of iii so it's *thick* not thin! I mean, I get it, it might not be what it was, but it's not terrible either. I wouldn't panic... just yet!

LOL! Happy baby-making! ;)

florenonite
July 6th, 2020, 05:54 AM
If everything is OK health wise (no deficiencies, hormones in balance), then I'm guessing... that's it from now on.

I mean and those shows? Don't get me started. Extensions, extensions, extensions.

How much circumference do you have (the thickness measured around a ponytail, not including the elastic).

Ding ding ding! I did a GIS search as well and it looks like she's often got big, voluminous waves, which will make her hair look even thicker.

And those are totally an option if that's what you want; there are some extension types that are really limited maintenance (you just need to use a sulfate-free shampoo and get them removed after something like six months) and match well to your hair, though of course those are the most expensive ones.

But you say that you have lots of baby hairs growing in, which tells me this might still be the result of a post-partum shed. It can take a long time for your hair to all grow back to a length where it's captured in your circumference. I'm not sure how old your youngest is, but let's say you measure your circumference at the nape. The hairs at your crown will take about a year to grow back to that length, and the ones around your hairline even longer (I just measured on me and got 25cm, so nearly two years' growth). So your hair may recover yet - and if not, there are options in the meantime for giving your hair more thickness, or at least the illusion of it.

If you don't want to shell out for extensions, then like I said big waves will do the trick, and there are plenty of ways to get waves without damage (for instance bun waves, braid waves, etc.).

Mum
July 7th, 2020, 12:18 AM
Thank you ladies so much! I can't believe how helpful and kind this community is. I've been reading through a few posts and you are all so lovely!

Thanks you both for taking the time to respond to me, I appreciate it!