PDA

View Full Version : It's Sarahlabyrinth's 8th LHC anniversary!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 2nd, 2020, 02:07 PM
Well, last month it was and I kept forgetting to do an anniversary thread!

When I first joined the LHC I set a goal of waist length, I wanted the same length I had as a teenager. I also decided to start growing out the brown dye (I had been dying my hair for thirty years and was sick of the mess and smell - and expense of dye) and allow my natural silvers to appear, so I began the process by changing from using brown dye to using blonde dye, and from the blonde dye I gradually used it with less and less developing time on my hair (roots only) so that as the months and years passed, my own colour would show through more and more, and to not have a demarcation line. I also wanted to eventually have stunning white hair like my mother's, only long.

As this process continued I realised I had acquired a case of LHC-itis. I decided to see if I could reach classic length, as my father had told me that my grandmother had hair "long enough to sit on" and that as a small boy he would sit on her bed and watch her combing it out. It certainly made an impression on him, so I wondered if I could grow mine to a similar length. Sadly, he died about the time I decided to grow it, so he never got to see it very long. But I imagine he would have liked it.

I reached Classic length, which felt very short, so then decided to see if I could reach knee length, for a challenge to myself, and for the curiosity of seeing if I could. Before I reached knee, I decided to go for terminal length and see how far I would get, and was hoping to reach ankle, which seemed a good length.

So it seems to have reached terminal at lower calf (or terminal for the dyed hair at least).

For those of you who enjoy photos, here they are, one per year:

https://i.imgur.com/03Wofmx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Hc9GB7Q.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iUtflTk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9LB3tFb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OSUXEJZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/suHaCLY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kbiCH9u.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QDZbK44.jpg?2

curly girl fla
July 2nd, 2020, 02:21 PM
I am so used to weeing your gorgeous, super-long, flowy locks, but it's incredible to see where you started from. Congratulations on your ethereal angel hair.

Belgrade Beauty
July 2nd, 2020, 02:24 PM
Happy anniversary Sarah! Your hair looks lovely! :blossom:

Lady Stardust
July 2nd, 2020, 02:27 PM
Beautiful, Sarahlabyrinth. Your hair has looked gorgeous all the way through, and it is really flourishing.

I’ve said it before but I especially like the way you managed the colour transition, that’s a work of art in itself.

lapushka
July 2nd, 2020, 02:36 PM
Sarah, our starting points aren't that much different, but you grew so much longer. Remember that point where I had classic and you were TBL? I do! And there you went growing so much longer. I sometimes go, "wish I could do it". But I know that I best keep classic my cut-off point, for general comfort and because I still like to "style" my hair with creams and gels and longer than classic? It gets a little knotty. :lol:

But anyway, this is about you, not me!!! My gosh. I hope you reach floor when the dyed bits are gone. And do post more pictures when you get there, because that would be amazing to see, not that the pictures you posted aren't amazeballs. :D I mean... 8 years is a long time.

Here's to many many more! :toast:

Mariekeeee14
July 2nd, 2020, 02:39 PM
How nice, thank you for sharing and congrats!:cheese:

squirrrel
July 2nd, 2020, 02:40 PM
It is womderful seeing your journey like that Sarah. I look forward to seeing your continuing progress as you trim away the dyed length.

zashin66
July 2nd, 2020, 02:45 PM
Oh my goodness....Sarahlabyrinth. So beautiful. I run out of words. Hair envy still in my heart. Perhaps one day I'll 'catch up'.

Ylva
July 2nd, 2020, 02:50 PM
Happy anniversary, Sarah! :)

luluj
July 2nd, 2020, 03:31 PM
:cheer: Happy 8th LHC Anniversary, Sarah! :cheer:

:heartbeat I must say, I enjoyed your journey, especially watching you grow in your beautiful silvers. :crush:

Krissycats
July 2nd, 2020, 03:36 PM
You have been an inspiration to me! Your hair is beautiful. Congratulations!

Vacurlylady
July 2nd, 2020, 03:43 PM
Happy 8 year Anniversary Sarah! I ❤️ your hair! My dream hair. I’m pretty sure I won’t grow mine to your length, but you know how LHC-Itis kicks in. Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your photo journey with us!

embee
July 2nd, 2020, 03:52 PM
Congrats, Sarah! :) My hair will never be as long as yours, it's just not in my genes. Beautiful!

oldrocker
July 2nd, 2020, 03:59 PM
SarahLabyrinth.... awesome pictorial. To quote a Who song from Tommy. it is 'The amazing journey'!!!!

O.R.

Star_fish
July 2nd, 2020, 04:05 PM
Happy anniversary. Your hair is gorgeous :heartbeat:

shelomit
July 2nd, 2020, 05:02 PM
What a striking, stunning change over the years! Your greys are gorgeous : D

Shorty89
July 2nd, 2020, 05:12 PM
Happy anniversary! It's amazing how much your hair colour has changed over the years. It's gorgeous in every photo.

bparnell75
July 2nd, 2020, 05:31 PM
congratulations Sarah, I always enjoy your posts and check them out. You are the only one ahead of me in days of hair worn up. I started in 2011.

hennalonghair
July 2nd, 2020, 05:38 PM
Congratulations Sarah. Your hair journal is nothing short of miraculous and don’t worry..... your dad’s watching. :happydance:

rapunzelna
July 2nd, 2020, 07:51 PM
I’ve enjoyed watching your journey! It’s inspiring.

lithostoic
July 2nd, 2020, 07:57 PM
Congrats! Truly inspirational

CuteCrow
July 2nd, 2020, 07:58 PM
And here I thought your dream length has always been ankle. Lovely hair, I'm always in awe with your length and colour. Congratulations Sarah! :blossom:

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
July 2nd, 2020, 08:16 PM
Wow! What a journey- happy anniversary! :bottomsup: And GREAT JOB fading the dye into your natural color!

ioanaxena
July 2nd, 2020, 08:31 PM
Happy anniversary and congratulations! You have gorgeous hair :).

Bat
July 2nd, 2020, 08:56 PM
Happy anniversary! What fantastic photos!

Hexana
July 2nd, 2020, 09:02 PM
Wow what a change! The color, the lenght! I didn't know where you started at (not a member long) but that is real patience. Congrats!

Iyashikei
July 2nd, 2020, 09:15 PM
Happy anniversary! Here's to many great years to come.

0xalis
July 3rd, 2020, 12:06 AM
You have my actual dream hair, so inspiring! This site would be the same without you, I'm so glad you are here with us!

Tinyponies
July 3rd, 2020, 12:15 AM
Congrats on your anniversary and your lovely hair. And thank you for all of your kind & supportive contribution here on the boards.
Do you notice any change in texture or needs of your dyed hair vs untreated?

Jo Ann
July 3rd, 2020, 12:46 AM
Sarah, you have been and inspiration and mentor to many of us! Your hair journey has been amazing to see.

I remember checking out your YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/SarahlabyrinthLHC/videos) for the first time, only to find out that I had checked out some of your hair videos before, back when your hair was shorter :o It was like seeing an old friend again for the first time.

Happy 8th anniversary and many more! :toast:

TatsuOni
July 3rd, 2020, 01:03 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks lovely! :)

SleepyTangles
July 3rd, 2020, 01:11 AM
:cheer: Happy anniversary Sarah :cheer:!
Your hair Is lovely, but you are even more as a person :flowers:

Simpscone
July 3rd, 2020, 02:38 AM
Congratulations on 8 years! It's amazing to see how far you have come, gives hope to those of us at shorter lengths who have never been long!

Estrid
July 3rd, 2020, 02:57 AM
Congrats!! :o

Stray_mind
July 3rd, 2020, 03:07 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks amazing everytime i see it. :crush: :flower:

ZoeZ
July 3rd, 2020, 05:14 AM
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to many more years of your styles!

harpgal
July 3rd, 2020, 11:14 AM
Absolutely beautiful, my dear! PTL!

cestlavie
July 3rd, 2020, 11:54 AM
Congratulations! Wonderful to see these pictures, very encouraging :)

NicoleLionne
July 3rd, 2020, 12:06 PM
Congratulations!!

I always love seeing your incredible silvers. All your post on the "Giving up dye/bleach..." thread were one of my biggest inspirations to start growing out my natural colour as well. Hopefully your hair will grow even longer when the final dyed bits are gone. But it already looks straight out of a fairytale :D

Sarahlabyrinth
July 3rd, 2020, 12:45 PM
Beautiful, Sarahlabyrinth. Your hair has looked gorgeous all the way through, and it is really flourishing.

I’ve said it before but I especially like the way you managed the colour transition, that’s a work of art in itself.

Thank you so much! The colour transitioning took several years but I think it was well worth doing it that way.

Sarah, our starting points aren't that much different, but you grew so much longer. Remember that point where I had classic and you were TBL? I do! And there you went growing so much longer. I sometimes go, "wish I could do it". But I know that I best keep classic my cut-off point, for general comfort and because I still like to "style" my hair with creams and gels and longer than classic? It gets a little knotty. :lol:

But anyway, this is about you, not me!!! My gosh. I hope you reach floor when the dyed bits are gone. And do post more pictures when you get there, because that would be amazing to see, not that the pictures you posted aren't amazeballs. :D I mean... 8 years is a long time.

Here's to many many more! :toast:

Thanks! Yes, I remember being so envious of your length and feeling that I would never reach it! And then you look back and think it didn't seem to take so long after all :) I don't really like the feel of creams or gels in my hair, I prefer it "au naturel" with occasionally the tiniest bit of oil - though I do nearly always use your ROO method with every wash, my hair does love that!

Oh my goodness....Sarahlabyrinth. So beautiful. I run out of words. Hair envy still in my heart. Perhaps one day I'll 'catch up'.

Goodness, no need to be envious with YOUR hair - I would gladly swap anytime! But thank you!

congratulations Sarah, I always enjoy your posts and check them out. You are the only one ahead of me in days of hair worn up. I started in 2011.

Thank you bparnell75 - I kind of have to (as well as enjoy) wearing my hair up, to do otherwise is impractical, however I do enjoy taking a photo of it down every so often. It's the only way I can see it loose properly, in a photo. And, to be honest, it always surprises me by looking like someone else's hair, so strange...

Congratulations Sarah. Your hair journal is nothing short of miraculous and don’t worry..... your dad’s watching. :happydance:

Maybe he is :) I'm sure my journal is nothing out of the ordinary but it's very sweet of you to say so.

Wow! What a journey- happy anniversary! :bottomsup: And GREAT JOB fading the dye into your natural color!

Thank you so much - now you know my secret :)

You have my actual dream hair, so inspiring! This site would be the same without you, I'm so glad you are here with us!

Awww, thank you!

Congrats on your anniversary and your lovely hair. And thank you for all of your kind & supportive contribution here on the boards.
Do you notice any change in texture or needs of your dyed hair vs untreated?

Yes, I do - my virgin hair is trouble and tangle free, the older dyed hair knots and tangles and altogether has a much more rough texture, and need so much conditioner. I look forward to getting rid of it but unless I do a big chop that will be years away yet. Thank YOU for your lovely comments!

Sarah, you have been and inspiration and mentor to many of us! Your hair journey has been amazing to see.

I remember checking out your YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/SarahlabyrinthLHC/videos) for the first time, only to find out that I had checked out some of your hair videos before, back when your hair was shorter It was like seeing an old friend again for the first time.

Happy 8th anniversary and many more!

Thank you! It's humbling to think that maybe I inspire others. So many here have inspired me, so if I can inspire anyone else, then I'm glad to!

Happy anniversary Sarah!
Your hair Is lovely, but you are even more as a person :flowers:

Ah, SleepyTangles, what a sweet thing to say, thank you!

And to all who have commented here saying such supportive and kind things, I say - thank you to each and every one of you for you support, advice and comforting words over the years! You are all my friends and hair buddies here and I KNOW I couldn't have kept growing without your support (can't get it in the real world). It's due to you all that I am where I am now. I really, really appreciate you all so very much! :crush:

Dark40
July 3rd, 2020, 02:28 PM
Happy anniversary, Sarahlabyrinth! Your hair has always been so beautiful for the last 8 years I've seen you on here at LHC! Congratulations! :)

C_Bookworm
July 3rd, 2020, 02:51 PM
Congratulations Sarah! :flowers: Your hair is lovely and seeing the pictures of what your journey has been is very inspirational. One of my favorite things is that your picture is the first on the “Put your hair pictures here ‘cos you really want to...” thread. Frequently seeing your starting point makes me really happy knowing what an amazing mane you have now. I love the reminder that anything is possible, and everyone has a point where they’re starting. Thank you for sharing your journey, I look forward to seeing where your journey goes (and grows) in the future!

Bri-Chan
July 4th, 2020, 03:57 AM
Oh wow happy anniversary! Need to say, your hair looks glorious at every length.

MusicalSpoons
July 4th, 2020, 11:26 AM
Congratulations!! :cheer: Your hair is gorgeous at any length. I've said it before I'm sure but I am so impressed with how you managed the dye transition, and yours was one of the first heads of hair I could kind of relate to whilst lurking (although yours is much shinier, there's more of it, more texture and it's just generally more beautiful ... well, you know what I mean! I related to it more than those who were already knee+ length with zero apparent taper - the first pic of yours I saw was a sigpic around mid-thigh I think) which helped me believe that maybe it was possible to grow my own hair LHC-long too. I look forward to seeing your continued journey to all-white virgin hair :D

Begemot
July 4th, 2020, 01:10 PM
I remember the start of your journey so well, it really doesn't feel like it has been 8 years since... When I came back from my LHC break I couldn't believe how much longer your natural hair got, so beautiful! So belated congratulation wishes from me too :blossom: :bottomsup:

Lucy McLucyFace
July 7th, 2020, 03:59 PM
Gorgeous and truly a major case of LHC-itis :o

zashin66
July 7th, 2020, 07:47 PM
Congratulations!! :cheer: Your hair is gorgeous at any length. I've said it before I'm sure but I am so impressed with how you managed the dye transition, and yours was one of the first heads of hair I could kind of relate to whilst lurking (although yours is much shinier, there's more of it, more texture and it's just generally more beautiful ... well, you know what I mean! I related to it more than those who were already knee+ length with zero apparent taper - the first pic of yours I saw was a sigpic around mid-thigh I think) which helped me believe that maybe it was possible to grow my own hair LHC-long too. I look forward to seeing your continued journey to all-white virgin hair :D

I agree with you, Sarah has been very inspirational to me too.

lapushka
July 8th, 2020, 01:50 AM
Gorgeous and truly a major case of LHC-itis :o

Yes, I think when she got here, she got it bad. ;) :p So you can see what "the disease" can lead to, right? :lol:

Nah, I'm just kidding with you, Sarah!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 8th, 2020, 02:25 AM
Thank you all so much! Yes, LHC-itis has "long" lasting effects! :rollin:

lapushka
July 8th, 2020, 02:34 AM
Thank you all so much! Yes, LHC-itis has "long" lasting effects! :rollin:

That is well said, my friend! :D

Kake
July 8th, 2020, 03:39 AM
Happy LHC anniversary.

Your photos are so nice, your hair looked lovely at all stages, and still does.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 8th, 2020, 04:21 AM
Happy LHC anniversary.

Your photos are so nice, your hair looked lovely at all stages, and still does.

Thank you Kake! :)

Corvana
July 9th, 2020, 02:13 AM
Happy anniversary!!

Jas
July 9th, 2020, 04:07 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair was one of the first heads of hair I saw on LHC and I remember being so struck by how beautiful and long it was. I wonder if it will go any longer when the dyed ends are gone..

Cg
July 9th, 2020, 08:14 AM
And here you are, still an inspiration to many! Congratulations on 8 years.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 9th, 2020, 08:17 AM
Happy anniversary!!

Happy Anniversary! Your hair was one of the first heads of hair I saw on LHC and I remember being so struck by how beautiful and long it was. I wonder if it will go any longer when the dyed ends are gone..

And here you are, still an inspiration to many! Congratulations on 8 years.

Thank you! :flower: