PDA

View Full Version : Lapushka's 15 year anniversary!

lapushka
July 2nd, 2020, 12:10 PM
I've been here that long? What!? :lol:

To give you guys a general overview...

This is what I started from, a chin length bob style, several times over. Sometimes dyed and other times not.

But this is the general idea (yes I have a disability, most of you know this):
https://i.imgur.com/zzh8rzAl.jpg

This used to be my favorite, before I discovered the Nautilus, the LWB (lazy wrap bun):
https://i.imgur.com/Mw0K4Azl.jpg

Longest I ever grew was FTL. Proved to be a little to challenging for me, so I cut back to classic length.
https://i.imgur.com/OR4teYMl.jpg

And this is what it's like now (has been the same style for a while now). Classic length with my signature style (haha) layers, aka the "unicorn" cut.
https://i.imgur.com/BVseRz7l.jpg

I'm still as glad to be here as on day one. :cheer:

hennalonghair
July 2nd, 2020, 12:15 PM
What a great journey Lapushka.
That’s a lovely length.
Fifteen years is quite a commitment.
Glad you are here.

Dark40
July 2nd, 2020, 12:20 PM
Happy anniversary Lapushka! You have come a long way.
That is a great length you're at now!

Mariekeeee14
July 2nd, 2020, 12:25 PM
My lord, congrats!!!:cheese:

Nini
July 2nd, 2020, 01:13 PM
2005 was a good year ;) I officially joined in August that year, after skulking around here since 2003 :D

luluj
July 2nd, 2020, 01:20 PM
:magic:Congratulations, Lapushka! :magic:

:blossom:This community is so fortunate to have you. :blossom:

SleepyTangles
July 2nd, 2020, 01:21 PM
Our one and only Fairy Godmum :smooch:!
Happy anniversary lapushka, your hair is epic!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 2nd, 2020, 01:24 PM
Congratulations on 15 years here, Lapushka! You must be one of the "oldies" around here :) Your hair is stunning and you are a true blessing to us all! :flowers:

C_Bookworm
July 2nd, 2020, 01:27 PM
So happy to have you around! :magic: Congrats on 15 years and many more to come.

Belgrade Beauty
July 2nd, 2020, 01:27 PM
Oh my god! 15 years is a lot! Congrats on all the accomplishments and goals hit in all this time since you've been here! Thank you for greeting every new member and help as much as you can! To many more years together! :blossom::cheer::bottomsup::beercheer:

Stray_mind
July 2nd, 2020, 01:32 PM
Congratulations! :toast: :cheer:

Your hair looks so lovely! :crush:

Vacurlylady
July 2nd, 2020, 01:35 PM
Oh my goodness! Happy 15th Anniversary Lapushka! You are such a constant blessing to the LHC! Time sure does fly! I enjoyed seeing your hair journey. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

Tinyponies
July 2nd, 2020, 01:45 PM
Happy anniversary lapushka :heart: :cheer:

Suortuva
July 2nd, 2020, 01:46 PM
Congrats!
:flower:

So nice to see pictures of your 'before' hair!

Ylva
July 2nd, 2020, 02:04 PM
Happy anniversary! It's great to have you around! :)

zashin66
July 2nd, 2020, 02:07 PM
Lapushka 'how we love thee...let us count the ways'...

You are always there supportive of every newbie. The first friendly 'head of hair'.

squirrrel
July 2nd, 2020, 02:09 PM
It was lovely to see something of your hair journey, thank you for sharing. I do often find myself looking to see what your opinions are when you post. Here’s to the next 15 years...

curly girl fla
July 2nd, 2020, 02:18 PM
Happy anniversary, Lapushka! I always make it a point to read your posts, so informative, and truly enjoy seeing some pictures of your hair. What amazing progress over the years...so beautiful.

lapushka
July 2nd, 2020, 02:29 PM
I can't begin to be thankful enough of all the nice things you guys posted. Thank you so much! :D Oh my gosh, I expected the "happy anniversary", but you guys went above and beyond being so nice! :) :o

Also, it's a bit impossible to answer each and every one of you guys individually, so I'm going to give you guys a general big hug.

Come here you lot! :cool: :grouphug:

Finda
July 2nd, 2020, 02:35 PM
Congratulations!!:toast:
Very beautiful hair :)

cestlavie
July 2nd, 2020, 02:37 PM
Congratulations, Lapushka! Thank you for providing us with tons of tips and useful info :)

Lady Stardust
July 2nd, 2020, 03:46 PM
Congratulations! It’s lovely to see some more pictures of your beautiful hair.

embee
July 2nd, 2020, 03:49 PM
Congratulations! You've got me beat by about a month I think. :) I had no idea you came here with a bob!

oldrocker
July 2nd, 2020, 03:55 PM
Congrats Lapushka. being the math/technical geek I am....thought I would throw this number out:

that is what my calculator says is your # of posts per year comes out to. almost as impressive as your hair. ok...not really, your hair is tangible....:)

O.R.

Bat
July 2nd, 2020, 04:19 PM
Congrats 15 years whoop!

shelomit
July 2nd, 2020, 04:56 PM
Happy anniversary, Lapushka! We couldn't have a better fairy godmum :magic:

enting
July 2nd, 2020, 05:04 PM
Oh wow I don't think I've ever seen a picture of your "before" hair! Such a difference! Happy anniversary!

MissMuse
July 2nd, 2020, 06:22 PM
Wow!! Such a long time congratulations :blossom:

CuteCrow
July 2nd, 2020, 06:32 PM
Goodness gracious! You are such an inspiration. Congratulations and happy anniversary! :love:

rapunzelna
July 2nd, 2020, 07:49 PM
Simply beautiful.

lithostoic
July 2nd, 2020, 07:52 PM
Congrats! LHC wouldn't be the same without you

Beckstar
July 2nd, 2020, 07:58 PM
Happy anniversary

zashin66
July 2nd, 2020, 08:12 PM
Happy Anniversary:joy:

xoAshley
July 2nd, 2020, 08:21 PM
Queen of the LHC 😊

ioanaxena
July 2nd, 2020, 08:27 PM
Happy anniversary, Lapushka! Thank you for always being around here, it’s such a pleasure reading your thoughts :).

Hexana
July 2nd, 2020, 09:10 PM
Congratulations Lapushka! This forum is so lucky to have you as one of it's originals! :) Your hair is a legend here!

Iyashikei
July 2nd, 2020, 09:22 PM
Happy anniversary! Really cool to see your starting point for a change. There was never a time it wasn't beautiful.

0xalis
July 2nd, 2020, 11:58 PM
Big congratulations on your anniversary! I'm glad that you're here with us, it just wouldn't be the same without you :D

(And can I just say how much I love not being the only person with a disability on this site?
There's quite a few of us actually and it sure is awesome to not feel alone in that!)

Jo Ann
July 3rd, 2020, 12:29 AM
I'll admit it--I was intrigued by your name, Lapushka. I looked for and read your responses and advice, was surprised at what worked for me (TWO conditioners?? :shocked: Who KNEW!) You've never steered me wrong, that's for sure!

Thank you for being here and all you have done for all of us! Here's to 15 more years! :toast:

Amenahh
July 3rd, 2020, 12:35 AM
Happy anniversary Lapushka! 15 years, wow :D
We're lucky to have you here :toast:

TatsuOni
July 3rd, 2020, 01:05 AM
Congrats! This forum wouldn't be the same without you! :blossom:

Estrid
July 3rd, 2020, 01:28 AM
Congrats!! 15 years sure is a long time :o

Simpscone
July 3rd, 2020, 02:35 AM
Congratulations on 15 years, that's amazing! Your knowledge and help to other's on this forum is second to none!

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
July 3rd, 2020, 05:24 AM
Happy hair-iversary! :cheer:

ZoeZ
July 3rd, 2020, 05:25 AM
Wow, 15 years! Lapushka, thank you for the warm friendly greeting when I first joined LHC. You are the kind of person that makes this board a pleasure to visit.Congratulations and here's wishing you another 15 years (at least!).

lapushka
July 3rd, 2020, 07:19 AM
Congratulations! You've got me beat by about a month I think. :) I had no idea you came here with a bob!

I do? Yes. A bob! :D

Oh, be sure to not forget to celebrate yours, embee. It's nice to be able to say a couple words and celebrate together.

Due to a couple disasters, I had to cut back to a bob 2 times, and bra strap once, during my stay here. I permed twice, dyed several times (chemical & henna/indigo), bleached a couple of times too, melted my hair off and burnt my scalp, so I pretty much been *through* it during my stay here. :lol: But it's how I learn: the hard way. Haha!

I've given up all that, though. I love all virgin, classic length and so *finally* discovered what length my hair is best at!

Congrats Lapushka. being the math/technical geek I am....thought I would throw this number out:

that is what my calculator says is your # of posts per year comes out to. almost as impressive as your hair. ok...not really, your hair is tangible....:)

O.R.

;) OMG. I really have blabberfingers. :laugh: :agape:

Wow, 15 years! Lapushka, thank you for the warm friendly greeting when I first joined LHC. You are the kind of person that makes this board a pleasure to visit.Congratulations and here's wishing you another 15 years (at least!).

I like to say hi to every newbie (in fact I often check the newbie subforum to see if I missed a thread :o now you know my secret LOL!) because I know things can be overwhelming when you first get to a big place on the interwebz!

Aerya
July 3rd, 2020, 09:31 AM
Congratulations, dear Lapushka! You're truly one of the members here who sticks out - the LHC wouldn't be the same without your advice and encouraging words!

And your hair is so lovely! The colour is so striking, somehow a light, soft.. black, kind of. Awesome texture too and you've really found your length and cut!

Cheers to you :flower:

Wavelength
July 3rd, 2020, 11:06 AM
Oh wow, I just saw this! Congratulations to our beloved LHC fairy godmum! You really help make this place friendly and welcoming. :magic: :flowers:

NicoleLionne
July 3rd, 2020, 12:09 PM
Wow! Lapushka! 15 years is amazing!!

I never knew that you started with a bob. What a glorious mane it has become! Thank you for all your advice and kind words in all threads. You have taught me, and so many other (new) members so so much! Hope you'll stay around for a long time!

lapushka
July 3rd, 2020, 01:15 PM
Congratulations, dear Lapushka! You're truly one of the members here who sticks out - the LHC wouldn't be the same without your advice and encouraging words!

And your hair is so lovely! The colour is so striking, somehow a light, soft.. black, kind of. Awesome texture too and you've really found your length and cut!

Cheers to you :flower:

My mom always calls it a soft black, it is an ashy tone, like... cigarette ashes. :lol: ;) :p

Thank you guys so much for such nice loving words. It *truly* touches me! You can't believe how much!!!

KokoroDragon
July 3rd, 2020, 01:25 PM
Congrats, Lapushka! I know I always appreciate the advice I see you give here - to me and others. Thank you for being a part of this community!

leafygreens18
July 3rd, 2020, 02:14 PM
I'll never be finished admiring your hair! Thank you so much for helping making the community so special!

LillyBlossom
July 3rd, 2020, 03:16 PM
Congratulations. Your hair is stunning!

Thank you for all your input into this site, I must admit every time I even consider doing something stupid to my hair I think 'What would Lapushka say?', works every time!

lapushka
July 3rd, 2020, 03:31 PM
Congratulations. Your hair is stunning!

Thank you for all your input into this site, I must admit every time I even consider doing something stupid to my hair I think 'What would Lapushka say?', works every time!

;) Well, I ruined my hair... a million times over. You don't gotta learn the hard way! :)

Vacurlylady
July 3rd, 2020, 04:00 PM
I know I already congratulated you on 15 years ... but I failed to say how beautiful your virgin hair is. I just don’t know how the LHC would be without you. I’m so glad we don’t have to find out. You are loved. ☺️🥰 soooooo very much.

lapushka
July 3rd, 2020, 04:15 PM
I know I already congratulated you on 15 years ... but I failed to say how beautiful your virgin hair is. I just don’t know how the LHC would be without you. I’m so glad we don’t have to find out. You are loved. ☺️🥰 soooooo very much.

I have tears in my eyes, that is so super sweet! :D

LadyLongLocks
July 3rd, 2020, 10:07 PM
15 years for me too come to think of it. From classic to past floor.

Hexana
July 4th, 2020, 12:40 AM
Congrads! You and your stunning hair are one of the "original" LHCers for me, and I just can't imagine this forum without you. :)

lapushka
July 4th, 2020, 02:58 AM

That's awesome! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
July 4th, 2020, 03:17 AM

Tha't soooo amazing! Sadly, it seems I won't reach those lengths.

Longlegs
July 4th, 2020, 03:49 AM
Congratulations on an amazing anniversary, Your photo's are great, you've come a long way!

Bri-Chan
July 4th, 2020, 04:11 AM
Happy anniversary :) I couldn't immagine you with chin length!

MusicalSpoons
July 4th, 2020, 11:16 AM
Goodness me, a decade and a half! :cheer: Congratulations on your LHC anniversary, and it's so interesting to see what you started with - I think I'd only seen 3 pics of your hair before: one bun, a length check around FTL, and your signature pic. It's nice to see a bigger version of your sigpic too, it really shows your texture beautifully :cloud9:

And I agree with all the other posters, this place wouldn;t be the same without you! :blossom:

Begemot
July 4th, 2020, 01:05 PM
Happy belated hair anniversary wishes from me too! Your hair is lovely as always :blossom: :toast:

lapushka
July 4th, 2020, 02:22 PM
Thank you so much, you guys! :D

bokeh
July 4th, 2020, 06:44 PM
Congratulations lapushka! You help to make the LHC the special place that it is. You are always kind and give good advice. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of the growth progress of your beautiful hair!

meepster
July 4th, 2020, 08:26 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is gorgeous!

shaluwm_agape
July 5th, 2020, 02:44 AM
Such an awesome hair journey
Congrats!

lapushka
July 5th, 2020, 03:13 AM
Thank you, you guys. :D

I don't think I've ever been on a forum that long. But this place is awesome. :D

Corvana
July 9th, 2020, 02:20 AM
oh wow, 15 years!! happy anniversary, lapushka!!

Jas
July 9th, 2020, 04:08 AM
15 years?! Wow! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous and I'm glad you've found a length that works best for you - what made you layer your hair in the first place?

Cg
July 9th, 2020, 08:15 AM
Fifteen years! That is some milestone! Supercongratulations!

Star_fish
July 9th, 2020, 12:44 PM
It’s amazing to see your journey from a bob! You have got such beautiful hair :)

lapushka
July 9th, 2020, 03:08 PM
You guys are *the best*! Can't thank you enough! :)

15 years?! Wow! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous and I'm glad you've found a length that works best for you - what made you layer your hair in the first place?

Thank you! :D

I grew to waist all one length, then I felt it was getting too bulky for me to handle (in the washing process especially). It was either waist would be my cut-off point, all one length (but I couldn't do buns at all like that).

Then I cut layers in (unicorn style, with the ponytail on the forehead), and from then on (hip was more comfortable) I could do buns. Suddenly all the bulk was out, and growing more length was less problematic.

But all from experience. I did not know what I was getting into at first, trust me!

Also I wash bent over and all one length drags in the tub. With the layering method, even classic doesn't touch the bottom of the tub.

Hairkay
July 9th, 2020, 04:58 PM
Happy hairversary Lapushka!

Lucy McLucyFace
July 10th, 2020, 02:04 AM
Beautiful and it really puts anyone who thinks that "long hair isn't practical" to shame

lapushka
July 10th, 2020, 04:05 AM
Thank you both! :)

Yes to me it is practical, now, layered. When it was waist all one-length... I had issues with it. Just too much hair for me. :lol: I admire those who can grow long, especially iii's, all one length. I mean, I for sure can't!

LittleHealthy
July 10th, 2020, 05:30 AM
Happy anniversary, thankyou for being such a great wealth of knowledge to us noobs! :heartbeat

lapushka
July 10th, 2020, 06:59 AM
You're welcome. I try. ;) :p

You guys *rock my world* and I can't say that enough. :cheer:

ynne
July 11th, 2020, 03:52 PM
Your hair journey is very inspiring! :)

lapushka
July 11th, 2020, 04:12 PM
Your hair journey is very inspiring! :)

Thank you. I sure remember those days when I had short hair, and it's just not for me anymore. Not right now, anyway. I quite like the fact that I can bun at this length.

dagny
July 11th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Happy Anniversary!!
Your progress is so inspiring and your hair is so lovely -- thanks for sharing!

:flower:

lapushka
July 12th, 2020, 01:55 AM
Thank you for responding, dagny! :)

Thank you for responding, all of you! :D

pisinoe
July 13th, 2020, 07:53 PM
Congratulations, lapushka! So good to have you here still with us on our journeys. You certainly make this a better place, and you were the initial inspiration for me to start lurking and start my hair journey here. Thanks for all your advice, recommendations and kindness. :o

Kalamazoo
July 13th, 2020, 09:32 PM
Congratualations, Lapushka! And thank you for making LHC a very, very nice site! Thank you so much for being here!

Garnetgem
July 13th, 2020, 10:29 PM
Happy 15th anniversary...thanks for sharing your knowledge always interesting posts! :)

lapushka
July 14th, 2020, 04:38 AM
Congratulations, lapushka! So good to have you here still with us on our journeys. You certainly make this a better place, and you were the initial inspiration for me to start lurking and start my hair journey here. Thanks for all your advice, recommendations and kindness. :o

I had no idea! :D Thank you for telling me. I'm glad I could inspire you. Not to be a chauvinistic p*g, but I love to see some fellow Belgians around here, for sure. ;) :D

Congratualations, Lapushka! And thank you for making LHC a very, very nice site! Thank you so much for being here!

Thank you for such a nice comment, Kalamazoo

Happy 15th anniversary...thanks for sharing your knowledge always interesting posts! :)

Awesome; thank you so much!

I know I found it hard to respond to individual posts earlier on (sometimes I get exhausted and the energy is just not there). I hope you guys didn't mind. I tried to generally respond. :o

LadyLongLocks
July 14th, 2020, 12:43 PM
Congrats on 15 years and wow you have really contributed to threads with 55K plus posts! That's some serious dedication!

Martician
July 14th, 2020, 01:10 PM
I've always liked to read you, ever since I've joined! Congrats on the date and on your beautiful hair!

lapushka
July 14th, 2020, 01:40 PM
Congrats on 15 years and wow you have really contributed to threads with 55K plus posts! That's some serious dedication!

You are here 15 years as well! :D Congrats to you too! And thank you that means a lot. I know. I am a blabberfingers. ;) :p

Thank you so much, Martician. That is such a lovely compliment. :)

elise.autumn
July 14th, 2020, 07:02 PM
lapushka Congratulations! I'm so glad I didn't miss this post! You were one of the first people I "met", and you have stayed consistent as one of the best and most consistent voices on the forum. Thank you for dedicating so much in making this forum a good place to be, especially in welcoming and helping newcomers.

Natalia_A00
July 14th, 2020, 07:44 PM
Lapushka, you're hair goals, I love it :heartbeat

maborosi
July 14th, 2020, 08:28 PM
lapushka, congrats on 15 years her on LHC! And beautiful hair! :flower:

lapushka
July 15th, 2020, 03:47 PM
lapushka Congratulations! I'm so glad I didn't miss this post! You were one of the first people I "met", and you have stayed consistent as one of the best and most consistent voices on the forum. Thank you for dedicating so much in making this forum a good place to be, especially in welcoming and helping newcomers.

Thank you!!! :) I love to welcome newbies to the forum. After all it can be daunting coming on a site so big. :o

Lapushka, you're hair goals, I love it :heartbeat

Giiirl, have you seen your hair lately! It's gorgeous! :D :cheer:

lapushka, congrats on 15 years her on LHC! And beautiful hair! :flower:

Thank you so much! :)

Molly_Marie
July 15th, 2020, 07:40 PM
I've been here that long? What!? :lol:

To give you guys a general overview...

This is what I started from, a chin length bob style, several times over. Sometimes dyed and other times not.

But this is the general idea (yes I have a disability, most of you know this):
https://i.imgur.com/zzh8rzAl.jpg

This used to be my favorite, before I discovered the Nautilus, the LWB (lazy wrap bun):
https://i.imgur.com/Mw0K4Azl.jpg

Longest I ever grew was FTL. Proved to be a little to challenging for me, so I cut back to classic length.
https://i.imgur.com/OR4teYMl.jpg

And this is what it's like now (has been the same style for a while now). Classic length with my signature style (haha) layers, aka the "unicorn" cut.
https://i.imgur.com/BVseRz7l.jpg

I'm still as glad to be here as on day one. :cheer:

your hair is so beautiful!! I especially love the layers and shape of the hemline. So pretty!!

lapushka
July 16th, 2020, 06:38 AM
Thank you so much Molly_Marie! And welcome to our little corner of the internet. :D

Your hair looks lovely, BTW! :)

Reyn127
July 18th, 2020, 02:11 PM
Wow Lapushka, congrats on being here for 15 years! When I first joined here, your beautiful hair was such an inspiration to me. You are so knowledgeable and helpful, I'm very glad you have stuck around here for so long.

*Wednesday*
July 18th, 2020, 04:14 PM
Always beautiful Lapuska. Congrats 🎈🙂

lapushka
July 18th, 2020, 06:26 PM
Wow Lapushka, congrats on being here for 15 years! When I first joined here, your beautiful hair was such an inspiration to me. You are so knowledgeable and helpful, I'm very glad you have stuck around here for so long.

My goodness, I just realized. :o It is a long time, isn't it? :lol:

Always beautiful Lapuska. Congrats ����

Thank you! :D

vampyyri
July 18th, 2020, 06:27 PM
Congrats Lapushka and thank you for being such an inspiration for us all :heartbeat

lapushka
July 18th, 2020, 06:34 PM
Congrats Lapushka and thank you for being such an inspiration for us all :heartbeat

Thank you so much; glad to see you back, BTW! :D

paulownia
July 19th, 2020, 02:21 AM
Congratulations!:toast: here's to another 15 years!
Your hair is amazing and such an inspiration!

lapushka
July 19th, 2020, 04:26 AM
Thank you paulownia! Great to see you again. Hadn't seen you in a while. :)

paulownia
July 19th, 2020, 07:14 AM
Thank you paulownia! Great to see you again. Hadn't seen you in a while. :)
Well, yes. I had a little break;). Some harder times, more work, moving to a new apartment... and stuff like that. But now I'm back:D. I missed you all too much:blossom:

lapushka
July 19th, 2020, 08:01 AM
Well, yes. I had a little break;). Some harder times, more work, moving to a new apartment... and stuff like that. But now I'm back:D. I missed you all too much:blossom:

Awesome. :thumbsup: Congrats on moving. That must have been a *chore* on its own. :)

lapushka
July 2nd, 2021, 10:42 AM
Since nothing ever changes anymore; I just maintain my hair. Basically what you see in my signature is my hair(type). And that's it.

I am still glad to be here, after all these years. For those interested in how I grew long, it is in my 1st post, yes I have a disability (it is a forever type thing, unfortunately).

And there's also the 10th+ anniversary thread right here, should you be curious:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=136172&highlight=anniversary

I actually somehow can't believe I have been here 16 years. Wow, man how time flies. :D But it's a good 16 years.

I am 49 now, going through menopause, and still not sure how I got *there*, but hey. Time does fly. As long as my hair doesn't change (that much), I am very happy about it. :D

So *bump* to this thread. :cheer:

:happydance:

Cg
July 2nd, 2021, 10:50 AM
Since nothing ever changes anymore; I just maintain my hair. Basically what you see in my signature is my hair(type). And that's it.

I am still glad to be here, after all these years. For those interested in how I grew long, it is in my 1st post, yes I have a disability (it is a forever type thing, unfortunately).

And there's also the 10th+ anniversary thread right here, should you be curious:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=136172&highlight=anniversary

I actually somehow can't believe I have been here 16 years. Wow, man how time flies. :D But it's a good 16 years.

I am 49 now, going through menopause, and still not sure how I got *there*, but hey. Time does fly. As long as my hair doesn't change (that much), I am very happy about it. :D

So *bump* to this thread. :cheer:

:happydance:

Congratulations on 16! That's amazing in and of itself, not to mention all that you've learned and imparted to the rest of us. We appreciate you.

Stray_mind
July 2nd, 2021, 11:00 AM
Congratulations! What an insanely long time of growing hair. It looks silky and beautiful.

lapis_lazuli
July 2nd, 2021, 11:06 AM
Happy 16 years, Lapushka!! :joy: Beautiful journey, and thank you for all you've contributed here. I can't imagine LHC without our Fairy God Mum :smooch:

FaeBroom
July 2nd, 2021, 11:19 AM
Wow lapushka, congratulations! Long hair for lifer, for sure! ❤❤❤❤

lapushka
July 2nd, 2021, 11:20 AM
Congratulations on 16! That's amazing in and of itself, not to mention all that you've learned and imparted to the rest of us. We appreciate you.

I know. I still have to slap myself sometimes. :lol: ;) Thank you so much!

Congratulations! What an insanely long time of growing hair. It looks silky and beautiful.

You are very kind! :) Thank you.

Happy 16 years, Lapushka!! :joy: Beautiful journey, and thank you for all you've contributed here. I can't imagine LHC without our Fairy God Mum :smooch:

That means a lot coming from a true longhair. If I could manage hair that long... I would not hesitate. :D
& Thank you! :D

aloewurly
July 2nd, 2021, 11:30 AM
Happy 16 years Lapushka! I think everyone in this forum appreciates your (sometimes "controversial") perspective regarding hair care and your generously given advice. :toast:

lapushka
July 2nd, 2021, 11:46 AM
Happy 16 years Lapushka! I think everyone in this forum appreciates your (sometimes "controversial") perspective regarding hair care and your generously given advice. :toast:

Yeah, well, I tend to speak my mind. :p It is always honest, and from the heart though, never meaning any harm or never trying to be an "ass" about it. :lol:

Finda
July 2nd, 2021, 11:59 AM
Wow what a time span:applause Congratulations for your anniversary and thank you for your dedication. Just looked through the pictures again, you have very beautiful hair :)

aloewurly
July 2nd, 2021, 12:07 PM
Yeah, well, I tend to speak my mind. :p It is always honest, and from the heart though, never meaning any harm or never trying to be an "ass" about it. :lol:

Haha yes, didn't mean it in any other way! I appreciate you and all the users who are all for using what works for your hair. It's a refreshing change from "experts" on social media who dictate that if you use sulfates or silicones you'll go bald in a month :lol:

bokeh
July 2nd, 2021, 12:09 PM
I've noticed that you have a broad knowledge about hair care and are generous about sharing it. You make TLHC better for sure!

paulownia
July 2nd, 2021, 12:22 PM
Congratulations on the anniversary :D
Amazing length and what a journey! You are a huge inspiration and this forum would not be the same place without you.
Here's to many more years to come and good health to our Fairy Godmother :beercheer:

KokoroDragon
July 2nd, 2021, 12:38 PM
Congrats! 16 years is a long time, I'm so glad you stuck around!

zashin66
July 2nd, 2021, 12:50 PM
I agree so much with everyone else. We are so blessed with you here. And your hair is spectacular. Happy sixteenth anniversary.

Jane99
July 2nd, 2021, 12:52 PM
Congratulations Lapushka and Thank You for always being helpful and speaking your mind and experience! You are appreciated!! <3

Jools69
July 2nd, 2021, 12:59 PM
Wow, 16 years. Congratulations! :applause:

Sarahlabyrinth
July 2nd, 2021, 02:24 PM
Congrats to you dear Lapushka! 16 years, wow! Fabulous! Your hair is beautiful! :D

lapushka
July 2nd, 2021, 03:00 PM
Wow what a time span:applause Congratulations for your anniversary and thank you for your dedication. Just looked through the pictures again, you have very beautiful hair :)

Thanks, Finda! Yes that first picture of shoulder length straightened hair, oh the horror. LOL!

Haha yes, didn't mean it in any other way! I appreciate you and all the users who are all for using what works for your hair. It's a refreshing change from "experts" on social media who dictate that if you use sulfates or silicones you'll go bald in a month :lol:

Oh yeah, that! Well, by no means am I saying *everyone* should be a sulfate user, oh no! But you know, IMO it is very strongly a YMMV thing, and I believe in "everyone at their own pace"; whatever works for you is what you should do, that is always the right answer: look at *your* hair and *your* scalp and act accordingly.

I've noticed that you have a broad knowledge about hair care and are generous about sharing it. You make TLHC better for sure!

That's truly sweet. I've definitely learned a lot a long the way from so many great people on here!

Congratulations on the anniversary :D
Amazing length and what a journey! You are a huge inspiration and this forum would not be the same place without you.
Here's to many more years to come and good health to our Fairy Godmother :beercheer:

Thank you. Thank you kindly. Yeah, that title eh. Someone mentioned it to me, and it kind of stuck.

Congrats! 16 years is a long time, I'm so glad you stuck around!

It is a long time, right? I still can't quite fathom it.

I agree so much with everyone else. We are so blessed with you here. And your hair is spectacular. Happy sixteenth anniversary.

Thank you for the hair compliment. Thank you!

Congratulations Lapushka and Thank You for always being helpful and speaking your mind and experience! You are appreciated!! <3

I might sometimes need to mull things over before speaking, still a giant learning curve on that one. LOL!

Wow, 16 years. Congratulations! :applause:

Yep, my "sweet sixteen". LOL

Congrats to you dear Lapushka! 16 years, wow! Fabulous! Your hair is beautiful! :D

Thank you, Sarah!

PS/ I wanted to include emoticons, but the message told me I had 15 "images", so had to cut my emoticons out. Hope everything comes across nice & light & with a :)

Ylva
July 2nd, 2021, 03:04 PM
Happy 16th, lapushka! :)

Lesley8
July 2nd, 2021, 03:12 PM
Congratulations on 16yrs Lapushka :joy: your hair is gorgeous :)

JasminxCat
July 2nd, 2021, 03:18 PM
Congratulations on the 16th year!
Your hair is beautiful :)

lapushka
July 2nd, 2021, 03:32 PM
Happy 16th, lapushka! :)

Thank you Ylva! :)

Congratulations on 16yrs Lapushka :joy: your hair is gorgeous :)

Thank you & thanks for the sweet compliment. :D

Congratulations on the 16th year!
Your hair is beautiful :)

Thank you & thank you for the compliment. :) It took a long time (around mid-30s) for me to accept both texture & color, so I value my hair all the more now. And hey, menopause and getting older, so I better like it when it's still nice & full. ;)

0xalis
July 2nd, 2021, 04:03 PM
Yay, happy sweet 16 Lapushka!! :flower:

Gem
July 2nd, 2021, 04:13 PM
Congratulations on 16 years! I didn't realize we were nearly forum time peers because my social engagement here has been spotty over the years and was never that good, but you and a handful of other people are why I haven't wandered off this time. It feels cozy here again.

Your hair is beautiful too and I adore your layers. They work so well with your texture and I find them very clever.

Joyful Mystery
July 2nd, 2021, 04:14 PM
Wow! Congrats on 16 years, Lapushka! Your hair is so beautiful :heartbeat

Bri-Chan
July 2nd, 2021, 04:15 PM
Congratulations :blossom:

EdG
July 2nd, 2021, 04:15 PM
Happy anniversary, lapushka! The board would not be the same without you. :cheese:
Ed

lapushka
July 2nd, 2021, 05:13 PM
Yay, happy sweet 16 Lapushka!! :flower:

:D Thank you.

Congratulations on 16 years! I didn't realize we were nearly forum time peers because my social engagement here has been spotty over the years and was never that good, but you and a handful of other people are why I haven't wandered off this time. It feels cozy here again.

Your hair is beautiful too and I adore your layers. They work so well with your texture and I find them very clever.

Thank you so much, that is really neat! :)

My layering is hardly difficult to do. Just ponytail on the forehead and... snip. :lol: Maybe that's the clever part, but it's hardly my invention. In fact, I love the book, "Haircutting for dummies" where those one-snip type methods (2 of them) are discussed. And it's all over YT now, but that was the original source (and nobody gives it credit, that's the sad part). Meh, maybe I've been around way too long to even notice. :lol:

Wow! Congrats on 16 years, Lapushka! Your hair is so beautiful :heartbeat

Congratulations :blossom:

Thanks, Bri!

Happy anniversary, lapushka! The board would not be the same without you. :cheese:
Ed

Ed, so nice of you! :D Thanks!

purple_omelette
July 2nd, 2021, 06:19 PM
Beautiful hair and such an inspiring journey! I hope I have the commitment to keep my hair long 15 years :)

sipnsun
July 2nd, 2021, 07:00 PM
Happy anniversary lapushka! :joy: You are always encouraging and a valued member of this community!

ZoeZ
July 2nd, 2021, 07:15 PM
lapushkaI remember when I joined this board a couple of years ago, you welcomed me so warmly, it certainly made me want to stay! Congratulations, and thank you for the wonderful amount of support you give everyone here! :blossom::cheese::cake: And here's to many more years!

squirrrel
July 2nd, 2021, 11:40 PM
Yes: congratulations on fifteen years. Here’s to the next fifteen. Hope you have enjoyed celebrating the time.

thatsideoflife
July 3rd, 2021, 01:14 AM
Congratulations!! So lovely

lapushka
July 3rd, 2021, 02:40 AM
Beautiful hair and such an inspiring journey! I hope I have the commitment to keep my hair long 15 years :)

Weeelll, it wasn't exactly long long for all that amount of time. I cut back to chin 2 times, both due to severe chemical damage, one time more than the other (say like a chemical cut from BSL right diagonally up to chin). One time I cut back to BSL, and let's also count perm damage (twice), heat damage (once, but overdid myself LOL), and yep. It's been a journey all right.

I reached classic for the first time September 2015, kept it until November 2016, cut back to hip (here again with cutting back :rolleyes:) because I found maintaining so difficult and if there's one thing I can't stand is my hair being way too long for comfort (for my ability to deal with it). And so grew that back out, no trimming until March 2018 and have been "long" ever since.

So 3 years now. Faithfully. Maintaining classic. And I don't see this changing, for lack of an emergency.

I am on a solid maintaining schedule now, every season, cut my growth off, a little over an inch, and that makes it good to go. I am not bothered by it growing too long, to be fair, sometimes I am a bit snip happy, so much so that I'm slightly under classic, but that grows right back out in a couple weeks' time and I'm not bothered by it. Just "about" classic I should really say, because it is difficult to really accurately gauge sometimes how much to take (with that layering method). Sometimes it's right on the money, other times, there's still too much hair left (and I need to redo it the week after), and sometimes a little bit shorter (not ever by much, because I know not to take 3 inches).

Happy anniversary lapushka! :joy: You are always encouraging and a valued member of this community!

That means the world to me, thank you so much!

lapushkaI remember when I joined this board a couple of years ago, you welcomed me so warmly, it certainly made me want to stay! Congratulations, and thank you for the wonderful amount of support you give everyone here! :blossom::cheese::cake: And here's to many more years!

Thank you for telling me this! :) I love it. I especially like welcoming newbies to the forum. Because not many people read the newbie section, and you know, when you first get here, it's overwhelming enough. Everyone likes to feel welcome. :)

Yes: congratulations on fifteen years. Here’s to the next fifteen. Hope you have enjoyed celebrating the time.

Well it's my sweet sixteen, but I kind of piggy-backed off of my 15 year thread. Too much of a chore to make a new thread (that's on me) and it would be the very same pictures. So I thought why mess with a good thing? :lol: ;)

Congratulations!! So lovely

Thank you so much!

squirrrel
July 3rd, 2021, 03:12 AM
Well it's my sweet sixteen, but I kind of piggy-backed off of my 15 year thread. Too much of a chore to make a new thread (that's on me) and it would be the very same pictures. So I thought why mess with a good thing? :lol: ;)

Aaah. Now I understand what is what. Happy sixteenth in that case. I can certainly see not much point in redoing exactly the same thing for a year later.

lapushka
July 3rd, 2021, 03:50 AM
Aaah. Now I understand what is what. Happy sixteenth in that case. I can certainly see not much point in redoing exactly the same thing for a year later.

:thumbsup:

Yep, and also... My hair has been the same for 3 years so you can't keep photographing the same thing over and over. At least, I don't see the point. Maybe if I get a new styling technique or, something. But for now, it'll do. :)

Hedwig
July 3rd, 2021, 05:19 AM
Congrats lapushka! Your hair is so beautiful and it's always such a joy to read your posts!

lapushka
July 3rd, 2021, 06:32 AM
Congrats lapushka! Your hair is so beautiful and it's always such a joy to read your posts!

You are so sweet. Thank you. :)

Makes you think about how you really can nitpick some things apart about your own hair, things that others for instance... love about you, and you don't or can't see it. I just need to appreciate what I have. Really!

Who knows what menopause and going gray more over time will bring for me. I might go thinner again, like when puberty hit, oh boy, up to 3 bald spots, hair fell out in chunks due to the hormone-overload then; it balanced itself out & was fine after that, but still, you know, sometimes I worry about the hormones and the impact and such.

But... You know? Appreciate what you have.
Thank you for reminding me, because it is so important!!! :D

Neorago
July 3rd, 2021, 09:54 AM
Congratulations Lapushka, I don't think I've ever seen texture quite like yours - it's beautiful and I love the layers :)

Carrie's hair
July 3rd, 2021, 10:42 AM
Happy Anniversary :blossom: :bowtome:. It's amazing. Thank you also for being one of the strong pillars of this forum. It was fun to find a place like this.

Deborah
July 3rd, 2021, 11:21 AM
Hi Lapushka! Congratulations on your sweet 16th! As always, your hair is beautiful and your sweet personality shines through. Some of us have been here longer, but don't participate nearly as much as you do. Keep growing sweetie! :cheer:

bparnell75
July 3rd, 2021, 11:30 AM
Congratulations on 15 years here, Lapushka! You must be one of the "oldies" around here :) Your hair is stunning and you are a true blessing to us all! :flowers:

I agree with all those sending their regards. . We would miss you if you even left us for a day!

Aunt Rapunzel
July 3rd, 2021, 11:49 AM
Happy Anniversary, Lapushka! You are a strong, helpful presence in the LHC!

lapushka
July 3rd, 2021, 12:38 PM
Congratulations Lapushka, I don't think I've ever seen texture quite like yours - it's beautiful and I love the layers :)

That is so nice of you. Thank you! I had so much trouble as a young teen, and in my 20s and part of my 30s, until I discovered this forum, before I started the acceptance process; both color and texture. It's been a rocky road. Would not have it any other way, though.

What I would like to tell other people? Get comfortable with your *own* color before you are in your 30s and 40s and might be going gray soon!

Happy Anniversary :blossom: :bowtome:. It's amazing. Thank you also for being one of the strong pillars of this forum. It was fun to find a place like this.

Thank you. That means so much to me! :)

Hi Lapushka! Congratulations on your sweet 16th! As always, your hair is beautiful and your sweet personality shines through. Some of us have been here longer, but don't participate nearly as much as you do. Keep growing sweetie! :cheer:

You are so kind! :) 2003, that's 2 years before I was even here. Boy, that's 18 years, Deborah! Time to celebrate for you too! :cheer:

I agree with all those sending their regards. . We would miss you if you even left us for a day!

Honestly? I can't even do without you guys for a day. :o I check in daily, with big time periods in between most times, but I'm here the moment I switch on my laptop until I go to bed, I love this place that much! :)

Happy Anniversary, Lapushka! You are a strong, helpful presence in the LHC!

Thank you so so much! Means the world to me.

These last ones made me tear up, they honestly did. You guys are the sweetest people around, and I mean that! :)

constancev18
July 3rd, 2021, 02:22 PM
Beautiful. Congratulations, Lapushka!

orchidia
July 3rd, 2021, 06:09 PM
Congratulations and happy anniversary, Lapushka! :blossom:

Weemomma
July 3rd, 2021, 09:53 PM
Happy Anniversary! 🥳

Glitch
July 4th, 2021, 12:39 AM
Looking beautiful! Really inspiring - thank you for sharing :flower:

lapushka
July 4th, 2021, 03:02 AM
Beautiful. Congratulations, Lapushka!

Thank you so much! :D

Congratulations and happy anniversary, Lapushka! :blossom:

Thank you! :)

Happy Anniversary! ��

I'm celebrating. :cheer: Thanks so much!

Looking beautiful! Really inspiring - thank you for sharing :flower:

You are really kind; thank you! :)

Stardreamer
July 4th, 2021, 03:22 AM
Congratulations Lapushka!

Hexen
July 4th, 2021, 03:45 AM
Lapushhhhhhhhhhkaaaaaaaa....... :thumbsup: :blossom:

https://i.ibb.co/GpxHqxV/horn.gif

lapushka
July 4th, 2021, 04:21 AM
Congratulations Lapushka!

Thank you so much. Last time I saw your hair, you grew so much! :)

Lapushhhhhhhhhhkaaaaaaaa....... :thumbsup: :blossom:

https://i.ibb.co/GpxHqxV/horn.gif

Yeah!!! Rock on, dude! :rockerdud :waving:

illicitlizard
July 5th, 2021, 02:41 AM
Woohoo! Congratulations on 16 years :flower: It's definitely a blessing to have you here :o

lapushka
July 5th, 2021, 04:22 AM
Woohoo! Congratulations on 16 years :flower: It's definitely a blessing to have you here :o

Thank you so much! <smooch>

spidermom
July 5th, 2021, 06:25 AM
It's a pleasure to share in long hair; here's a toast to 15 more years.

lapushka
July 5th, 2021, 10:23 AM
It's a pleasure to share in long hair; here's a toast to 15 more years.

Thank you spidermom, we're like the older generation around here, not just talking "age", but just being here so long. :D You've been around for such a while too, right? Time for you to celebrate as well because it looks like it is your sweet 16 too. Congrats. :flowers:

floridaorchid
July 5th, 2021, 01:40 PM
Happy Anniversary!!

lapushka
July 5th, 2021, 02:46 PM
Happy Anniversary!!

g_lou
July 5th, 2021, 04:23 PM
congrats on 15 years!!! your hair is stunning as always

lapushka
July 5th, 2021, 06:14 PM
congrats on 15 years!!! your hair is stunning as always

Thank you so much, just had a peek at your avatar, and wow boy, that is amazing. :D

TatsuOni
July 6th, 2021, 09:55 AM
Congrats on an other year! :blossom:

lapushka
July 6th, 2021, 01:56 PM
Congrats on an other year! :blossom:

Yes, eeking along, Tatsu. Bit by bit. ;) Like slowly growing hair. :lol: :p

baanoo
July 6th, 2021, 05:31 PM
Ahh! It's the first anniversary of your fifteenth anniversary celebration, Lapushka! :D :o :) You're the fairy god mum indeed. :heart:

lapushka
July 6th, 2021, 06:12 PM
Ahh! It's the first anniversary of your fifteenth anniversary celebration, Lapushka! :D :o :) You're the fairy god mum indeed. :heart:

I am still super thankful to the person who suggested that title, she was so adamant about it, I couldn't refuse. And well, come on... I liked it. Let's be real here. ;) :p

Thanks so much baanoo. :)

MusicalSpoons
July 7th, 2021, 09:51 AM
Another year already? Goodness, how time flies! Congratulations on still being here with your lovely hair Lapushka! :cheer:

lapushka
July 7th, 2021, 10:16 AM
Another year already? Goodness, how time flies! Congratulations on still being here with your lovely hair Lapushka! :cheer:

Thanks so much, Spoons! :D Time does fly, doesn't it. Seemed like I just made this post, so I guess I got lazy about it and bumped it. Hahaha!

Arciela
July 7th, 2021, 01:23 PM
Happy 15 year anniversary! Your hair is so beautiful!

You've always given me the best advice and are so helpful :flower:

lapushka
July 7th, 2021, 03:23 PM
Happy 15 year anniversary! Your hair is so beautiful!

You've always given me the best advice and are so helpful :flower:

Hey Arciela! :waving:

That is so sweet of you to say. :) Thank you so much!

Bright
July 7th, 2021, 03:45 PM
Happy belated anniversary, Lapushka! Thank you for being such a wise and welcoming member of this community. :flowers:

lapushka
July 8th, 2021, 12:51 AM
Happy belated anniversary, Lapushka! Thank you for being such a wise and welcoming member of this community. :flowers:

You are so kind. :) Thank you so much.

princesstal
July 8th, 2021, 05:51 AM
You should be very proud of your beautiful hair!

lapushka
July 8th, 2021, 07:06 AM
You should be very proud of your beautiful hair!

Thank you so much. That means the world to me! :D

Kibrah
July 8th, 2021, 09:39 AM
Happy anniversary. It wouldn't be the same without you here. You are always there for advice and help for anyone.

BexLocks
July 8th, 2021, 12:56 PM
Congratulations on 16 years, Lapushka! That's amazing. And I'll echo what some others have said, "Thanks for your incredibly warm welcome and advice for all of us noobs!" You rock!

lapushka
July 8th, 2021, 01:42 PM
Happy anniversary. It wouldn't be the same without you here. You are always there for advice and help for anyone.

I try my best and try not to be repetitive or "annoying" about it, oh well some of it probably can't be helped. ;) :p But that is nice of you to say, it is much appreciated. Thank you. :)

Congratulations on 16 years, Lapushka! That's amazing. And I'll echo what some others have said, "Thanks for your incredibly warm welcome and advice for all of us noobs!" You rock!

Thank you so much. :)

I try to make the noobs feel welcome. :D

Estrid
July 8th, 2021, 01:56 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is fantastic :o

lapushka
July 8th, 2021, 04:19 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is fantastic :o

But by God, have you seen your own? :) Your hair is super nice, Estrid last time I saw it (and has grown so much lately). I just have to tell you now that I "cornered" you in this place. LOL

But, thank you, before I blab on. :lol:

lapushka
July 7th, 2022, 11:42 AM
Tatsu posting her anniversary thread, made me think... and realize. Hey, girl, you are on LHC 17 years now. Hell yeah! :rockerdud

Yes! It's 17 years this year. Rather than starting a whole new thread, I think I said all there is to say, and kind of can "revive" my 15 year thread.

I am still *so happy* to be here. :D :inlove:

bparnell75
July 7th, 2022, 12:04 PM
Congratulations. We can always count on you for interaction.:o

LongLocke
July 7th, 2022, 12:08 PM
Congrats on 17 years!

alewyn
July 7th, 2022, 12:17 PM
17 years! Lapushka, your LHC-iversary is almost an adult ;) congrats!! Your locks are so lovely.

lapushka
July 7th, 2022, 12:29 PM
Thank you, you guys are the absolute *best*, I mean that! :D

Wavelength
July 7th, 2022, 12:35 PM
Wow lapushka! That's amazing! Congratulations, and I hope you and LHC have a great many more happy years together! :flowers: :cake: :joy:

lapushka
July 7th, 2022, 12:48 PM
Wow lapushka! That's amazing! Congratulations, and I hope you and LHC have a great many more happy years together! :flowers: :cake: :joy:

Thank you so much, Wavelength!

I wish I could thank each of you individually, but I just gotta see timewise what I can and can't do. :o

squirrrel
July 7th, 2022, 01:27 PM
Tatsu posting her anniversary thread, made me think... and realize. Hey, girl, you are on LHC 17 years now. Hell yeah! :rockerdud

Yes! It's 17 years this year. Rather than starting a whole new thread, I think I said all there is to say, and kind of can "revive" my 15 year thread.

I am still *so happy* to be here. :D :inlove:

Aaah. For a moment I thought I had missed your anniversary page long enough for there to be over ten pages worth of responses. Now I understand.

I’m enjoying seeing someone who is happy with their hair right the way it is. So many of us are reaching for the next goal and it’s great to cheer each other on, but it’s also lovely seeing the members who have called ‘enough’ hanging out with us here too. It’s good to have people who are active on the threads and are able to take the time to encourage others to respond more.

Happy anniversary, Lapushka.

baanoo
July 7th, 2022, 02:47 PM
Happy anniversary! I love seeing your original photos again and am so thankful for your presence here. :flowers:

lapushka
July 7th, 2022, 03:04 PM
squirrel, you are such a nice woman! Those are really nice words! :)

baanoo, thank you! I did come a long way, from chin length bobs that grew out bit by bit. Destroyed my hair a couple times with dye usage & bleach, but got through it all. A lot of us experiment, and it's okay. If you stick to your guns and just grow the hair, you'll get there I guess is my most important message.

lapis_lazuli
July 7th, 2022, 03:48 PM
Wowww 17 years now!!! :happydance::cake: That's really incredible. (...is the LHC going to be 20 next year?! :blueeek:)

I'm so glad we still have true LHC gurus like you around. Thanks for being here, Lapushka :) People like you keep this place alive! :heartbeat

Shorty89
July 7th, 2022, 04:57 PM
Happy Anniversary!

SandyBottom
July 7th, 2022, 05:58 PM
Happy anniversary Lapushka! 17 years is quite a milestone, congratulations!

Beckstar
July 7th, 2022, 06:23 PM
Why isn’t there a like box?

foreveryours
July 7th, 2022, 08:05 PM
Happy 15 (missed) plus 2 (not missed)!

MusicalSpoons
July 7th, 2022, 08:40 PM
Waoooow congratulations lapushka!! :cheer:

17 years! Lapushka, your LHC-iversary is almost an adult ;) congrats!! Your locks are so lovely.

I'm not sure if EU laws are the same, but in Britain it's now old enough to drive :lol:

Lesley8
July 8th, 2022, 01:06 AM
Congratulations lapushka! Wow 17years!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 8th, 2022, 01:38 AM
Congrats on 17 years, Lapushka! They wouldn't be many who have been here that long! I tries to post on your thread earlier but it wouldn't let me - but I'm here now! :D :flowers:

Stray_mind
July 8th, 2022, 02:49 AM
Happy anniversary! :flower:

lapushka
July 8th, 2022, 05:15 AM
I don't know about "guru" status. :lol: ;) :p

Anyway I love you guys, LHC would not be the same without all of you and I truly mean that. It makes me keep coming back. I just love the interaction I have with all of you, am really thankful you guys let me into your lives (a little, at least virtually) and yeah, it's amazing.

And to think when I got here I was thinking I was doing it all right, when oh my gosh, that could not be further from the truth. It took me a while, years even, to come to the realization that leaving your mitts off is just the best approach.

I think that's my one piece of advice: leave your mitts off, people. No regular trimming (unless you have previous damage in your hair), and just let it be...

And for those of you new here. I am a classic length maintainer, as that is my comfy length. I tried going to FTL once but I just knew that was not for me. I'll leave the longer lengths to other people! :)

shelomit
July 8th, 2022, 08:46 AM
Happy anniversary to our "fairy godmum"!

Myx
July 8th, 2022, 09:52 AM
Happy anniversary! I adore the texture and elegant taper in your hair, it's just gorgeous!

lapushka
July 8th, 2022, 10:32 AM
Happy anniversary! I adore the texture and elegant taper in your hair, it's just gorgeous!

Thank you very much, and a big welcome to you, seen as your new! :D

ExpectoPatronum
July 8th, 2022, 10:52 AM
Happy 17th! I always like seeing you around the forum :flowers:

AryaStark
July 8th, 2022, 10:53 AM
How awesome! Happy 15th anniversary! I remember seeing you and your posts often in my 'lurking' years when I needed to pop in as a guest reader for more hair growth and care tips. Your classic length is inspiring to me. :D

lapushka
July 8th, 2022, 03:22 PM
How awesome! Happy 15th anniversary! I remember seeing you and your posts often in my 'lurking' years when I needed to pop in as a guest reader for more hair growth and care tips. Your classic length is inspiring to me. :D

Welcome to the forum, BTW. It's 17 years now, so... tricky if you don't read the last couple messages. ;)

SandyBottom
July 8th, 2022, 03:27 PM
Welcome to the forum, BTW. It's 17 years now, so... tricky if you don't read the last couple messages. ;)

Time flies when you're playing with your hairtoys!

AryaStark
July 8th, 2022, 03:44 PM

Haha, right! ExpectoPatronum's message popped up a few seconds before I hit "post reply" otherwise I definitely would have noticed to say 17 instead. :-D

lapushka
July 8th, 2022, 06:55 PM
Time flies when you're playing with your hairtoys!

It does. It surely does. Aaah and time contemplated even more of where to put them. :p

lapushka
July 8th, 2022, 07:00 PM
BTW, you guys are all awesome. Each and every one of you, also growing your hair out (well mine's pretty much where it'll hopefully always be). You each have your own journeys and I love reading about them! Whatever goal you are striving towards. :cheer:

So thank you for allowing me to celebrate! :happydance:

TatsuOni
July 9th, 2022, 01:05 PM
Happy anniversary! :cheer:

lapushka
July 9th, 2022, 01:59 PM
Happy anniversary! :cheer:

Thank you all! <mwah> Big kiss!

paulownia
July 10th, 2022, 02:30 AM
Congratulations on hair anniversary Lapushka ;)
Your hair is amazing and definitely one of my inspirations.

lapushka
July 10th, 2022, 06:41 AM
Congratulations on hair anniversary Lapushka ;)
Your hair is amazing and definitely one of my inspirations.

You are so sweet, thank you! :D

Hexana
July 10th, 2022, 09:16 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary! And to another 15 (and more) to come! :D

lapushka
July 10th, 2022, 02:25 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary! And to another 15 (and more) to come! :D

Thank you so much, Hexana!

rosenester
July 11th, 2022, 07:47 AM
Ooh I love seeing a few pictures of your hair, what a treat! Thanks for all the tidbits if advice so far! :flower:

spidermom
July 11th, 2022, 01:45 PM
I love how we can almost always count on you being part of whatever conversation is going on.

lapushka
July 11th, 2022, 02:41 PM
I love how we can almost always count on you being part of whatever conversation is going on.

:lol: Point taken. ;) Oh gosh, you guys know, I rarely never not stick my nose in. :p

Kake
July 13th, 2022, 04:32 AM
Congratulations Lapushka. You have beautiful hair, I don't think I've seen those photos before. Just lovely.

lapushka
July 13th, 2022, 05:36 AM
Thanks so much, Kake. Yeah, I don't post pictures around my disability often, even... at all. I try to avoid it. Online, I want to feel as "normal" as possible, you know? But it showed my bob the best at the time, what I started from and grew out from (I think might even have been the 2nd time I grew out from a bob? unsure). It gets a little muddled after all this time. Which is why it's sometimes nice to go back a bit, as best I can. :)