PDA

View Full Version : Losing hair in shower?

bubbles04
June 22nd, 2020, 02:12 PM
I lose quite a bit :/ while showering everyday. How about you? Is this normal to lose around 40-50 strands per day?

cestlavie
June 22nd, 2020, 02:55 PM
It is said that is totally normal to lose around 100 strands a day!

Feral_
June 22nd, 2020, 03:13 PM
My husband has just cleaned out our shower trap and most of the black gunk :tmi: was my hair. However, according to him there was less hair in it than last time he cleaned it, which I took as a bonus.

lapushka
June 22nd, 2020, 03:32 PM
Perfectly normal, and not even that much! :thumbsup:

Lucy McLucyFace
June 23rd, 2020, 09:11 AM
The shedded hair that was stuck around will come off more easily when you wash it, specially when you use conditioner which adds slip. Good thing too or we'd all be sowing hairs all over the house

Jools69
June 24th, 2020, 01:24 AM
I lose quite a bit :/ while showering everyday. How about you? Is this normal to lose around 40-50 strands per day?

Completely normal. I shed quite a few strands and keep on shedding some more for the rest of the day that I’ve washed. It doesn’t appear to affect my ability to have long hair, nor do I have any bald patches. I dread to think how much would be in the bath if I didn’t comb my hair beforehand, although this may also encourage more shedding. :shrug:

I wonder if it’s to do with your hair texture? I have fine/thin hair, but a lot of it. Hence I don’t notice any significant hair loss, but my hair does grow slowly, or takes ages to get to any desirable length. :rolleyes:

florenonite
June 25th, 2020, 04:52 PM
My husband has just cleaned out our shower trap and most of the black gunk :tmi: was my hair. However, according to him there was less hair in it than last time he cleaned it, which I took as a bonus.

You mean you don't clean out your hair trap after every shower? :lol:

I shed so much in the shower that if I don't clear out the hair trap after every shower it gets so full that I end up in ankle-deep water :tmi: I've always had a lot of shedding, since high school at least, so I just figure it's the way my hair is (it's fine and thick, which probably accounts for some of it). I wouldn't worry about it unless you notice your hair is thinning or you're getting bald patches.

shelomit
June 26th, 2020, 02:26 AM
For years I thought I was shedding too much hair in the shower, and yet somehow I always wind up with more hair than before ( ;

It is worth noting that 1) if you're trying to grow out your hair longer than it's previously been, you will shed a greater mass of hair because the individual shed strands are longer than you're used to, and 2) if you are switching to wearing your hair up more often, you will probably notice more shed hairs in the shower specifically because the braid/bun/etc. keeps the sheds in place until you detangle, wash, or otherwise manipulate your hair.