PDA

View Full Version : Haircare brands that you swear by

Trip
June 20th, 2020, 02:45 PM
I'm curious about everyone's favorite haircare brands, do you have any that you swear by and purchase over and over again?
Do you like organic? Do you like sulfates? Or maybe you make your own?
I still have yet to build a real regime with my products but avalon organics is a brand I've had a LOT of luck with so far and plan on sticking with it if nothing else jumps out at me. organic sulfate free and most importantly actually gets my hair CLEAN.

ALSO if you would like to share brands you will never go back to I'd like to hear that too and why

pisinoe
June 20th, 2020, 02:59 PM
I don’t care about organic. I prefer brands that offer technology and treatments that not only embellish the hair but also treat it longterm. I prefer to use sulfates because I have a scalp that needs to be clean at all times, I love silicones to make my hair silky and my length protected, as long as the formulation is good.

I like professional haircare brands like Bed Head (Tigi), L’oreal Professional, Wella...

Brands I don’t like: Joico, Schwarzkopf, Pantene, John Frieda, Garnier, Elvital, Shea Moisture, Devacurl, Tresemmé,

With that said, I’ve had the best results so far doing pre-poo, shampoo twice, mask (rotating between nourishing, hydration, repair) and sealing it with a good conditioner. Plus LCO method afterwards.

Ylva
June 20th, 2020, 04:14 PM
Garnier products have always worked very well for my hair. I pretty much grew up on Garnier Fructis.

Pantene seems to be another that my hair appreciates, but I have yet to try any of their shampoos - and that day might not even come due to sensitivities.

xoAshley
June 20th, 2020, 04:42 PM
My hair loves Pantene. Used it a majority of my life. I strayed a few times and tried organic, natural, random other brands. Always a mistake. Always end up right back with Pantene.

lapushka
June 20th, 2020, 04:52 PM
I'm not big on more expensive things, it's all the same anyway. Sulfates are sulfates. Silicones are silicones.

I love Garnier, L'Oréal, Pantene, Herbal Essences, Shea Moisture, Eden Bodyworks, Cantu, Every Strand, etc. and on and on... you get the picture. :)

Aldi & Lidl own brand products are great as well.

It's all I use!

AuNaturel
June 20th, 2020, 05:42 PM
Tight curls. I alternate between SheaMoisture (very heavy, which is good for my hair), Aunt Jackie (cheap and full of moisture), and African Pride (rich and nourishing).

I'm a white girl but my curl is so tight (3c) that these lines work best for me. I haven't had good luck with the lighter products that most 3b curly girls like.

auburntressed
June 21st, 2020, 05:05 AM
Honestly, coconut oil is the best thing that ever happened to my hair and also my skin.

Feral_
June 21st, 2020, 05:08 AM
Honestly, coconut oil is the best thing that ever happened to my hair and also my skin.

Yes, coconut oil on damp skin is amazing. Have you tried coconut oil with shea butter for hair? That is supposed to be very good too :)

Clollii
June 21st, 2020, 06:26 AM
I've tried many expensive brands but none of them worked for me as well as Sunsilk which is very inexpensive.. So that has to be my favourite brand, especially the line called "Scintille di Luce" :) I also tried to use natural products for a while but that was a disaster.

Mariekeeee14
June 21st, 2020, 07:06 AM
Garnier Hair Food masks. Neutral for a good basic SLES shampoo and a no nonsense conditioner for summer.

Those products I keep gravitating towards. I’m still experimenting with products cause my hair is DRY af and I’ve only just started taking more cues from the curly girl method. I like the clean feeling sulphates give me at the roots but they dry out the rest of my hair and I have no clue how my scalp is gonna behave without sulphates cause I’ve never tried it for more than one wash day.

I stay away from too cheap drugstore brands unless I’ve heard it’s the bomb and I need to try it. My hair fell like crazy when I tried a Palmolive shampoo so never again.

Dark40
June 21st, 2020, 03:44 PM
I swear by Alberto VO5 products. I grew up on them. Now, my hair also loves Pantene Pro-V and Garnier products as well! I also love John Frieda's shampoos and conditioners for blonde hair too. Even though my hair isn't blonde in my signature picture it's red right now. I'm trying to make it blonde.

My hair also loves Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream, and also the Queen Helene Super Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream. I also love the Garnier Fructis Banana Hair Mask. I also sweet by Joico K-PAK Recontructing products as well, and also Joico K-PAK Daily Reconstructor Conditioner. As leave-ins my hair loves the Isoplus Wrap Lotion, It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Treatment. I also swear by this product called, "Stablizer Plus." My hair loves it! My hair also loves essential oils, light oils, hair lotions, and hair creams.

My hair also loves sulfates and silicones!

leafygreens18
June 21st, 2020, 03:53 PM
With shampoo, Shea Moisture owns it for me, the best sulfate free shampoos for me. With conditioner it's all about silicon free but including mineral oil Garnier Whole Blends Olive Oil conditioner is my favorite.

BleachedBerry
June 21st, 2020, 04:08 PM
I swear by all of the Olaplaex products, and I love Malibu C.
Products from the drug store that I like would be Aussie,
Herbal Essence and Garnier Fructise where not bad if I remember though I have not used them in many years.

MusicalSpoons
June 21st, 2020, 05:05 PM
I rather like Garnier for their range of conditioners; the hair food masks have great slip and their whole blends cone-free conditioners seem to be pretty good. And cheap, when they're on offer, so I'm very happy to use them liberally.

The rest of what I use is pretty much product-specific rather than being able to rely on brands having multiple lines that work well - same with my skin, really. Even the conditioner I could use to co-wash was just one out of a line of three (and long since discontinued) :lol:

Oh! I've just thought: FreshSkin, a UK company, great for EOs and carrier oils. Good value and seem decent quality to me.

PallasAthena
June 23rd, 2020, 01:56 AM
I feel like I always come back to Aussie products. I'll try different trends, especially health food store brands or small companies, but come back to Aussie because I get consistent results with it. I've been using that brand since high school in the 80s off and on!

NicoleLionne
June 23rd, 2020, 03:14 AM
I keep going back to Kevin Murphy, even though it hurts my bank account. My scalp and hair are the happiest with their products. Fortunately I only need the tiniest bit of their products, so they last me so much longer than drugstore shampoos. Have been using their shampoo for on and off for the past 5 years and I keep coming back.

Didn't care much for the Living Proof Phd conditioner, but the shampoo was great for my hair and scalp. My hair hated Naïf (Dutch brand), Lush, Guhl and most Andrélon stuff I tried.

I tried so many shampoo bars and my hair just hates all of them :(. It makes me so sad, cause I would love to cut back on plastic and they are so convenient!

ioanaxena
June 23rd, 2020, 05:58 AM
L’Oreal Paris is my favourite brand at the moment. I’ve tried many products from a lot of brands and I wasn’t satisfied with them (I bought salon products and expected way more than the price I paid). I’ve come to the conclusion that my hair behaves best when using the Dream Long line. Now I try not to buy anything else because I know I wouldn’t like them as much :).