PDA

View Full Version : Tender hairs on right hand side of my hairline

Stardreamer
June 16th, 2020, 09:39 PM
It especially hurts if I catch a hair or pull out a hair from the right hand side of my hairline. Do you know why this is? This is at the top of my head on the right side. On the left side it hurts too. But the right side hurts more and I have to be careful about brushing and tying up my 3b/3c curly hair.

lapushka
June 17th, 2020, 03:19 PM
Maybe you're more tender-headed on that side.

I do have to say this. If I mistakenly pull a hair that's not ready to come out: that hurts. If it's about ready to fall out and I brush past it with my hand (finger detangle), it never hurts.

At your length I would be careful with "buns"... If you do them. What kind of updo do you usually do?

auburntressed
June 17th, 2020, 04:35 PM
I am also much more tender headed on the right hand side of my head. That is the side of my head that also gives me eye strain headaches, and the side that hurts whenever I get any kind of headache at all. So it may be that you’re more sensitive on that side of your head for reasons besides just a tender scalp.

The front hairline for me on both sides is also more sensitive than the rest of my scalp, so I have to take extra care with updos.

It could just be that area is more prone to being more sensitive. You might have noticed elsewhere that some places on your body have more sensitive skin than other places. Like if you scratch your leg, you don’t feel it as strongly as if you scratch your arm. Maybe the scalp is the same way, on a smaller scale.