PDA

View Full Version : 11 months of growth

qvbit
June 15th, 2020, 09:02 PM
I hope it's OK to post this here! I looked for the "year of growth" comparison thread but could not find it for the life of me.

I'm so proud of my growth in the past 11 months. My hair always seems to grow excruciatingly slow to me, but when I see comparisons like this it blows my mind. This is from July 2019 to June 2020, and I even trimmed 3 times during that time! It makes me hopeful that I might just make it to waist length before the year is out. Then it will be the longest it's ever been since I got it cut to a pixie at age 10.

I have LHC to thank! I lurked on here a while before making an account, and I'm so grateful for all your collective tips and advice, and reassurances when I'm feeling impatient!

https://i.imgur.com/IoUKHkX.png

meepster
June 15th, 2020, 09:40 PM
Wow! That’s an amazing amount of growth, and your hair looks beautiful!

rachdun
June 15th, 2020, 11:33 PM
Your hair looks lovely

illicitlizard
June 16th, 2020, 01:26 AM
Amazing growth for just under a year! Pretty cool how much it can grow if ya let it, always impresses me :)

Jools69
June 16th, 2020, 01:38 AM
Good growth there, especially after having 3 trims. My hair seems to grow slowly too and I only notice the growth after a long period of time. Keep it up!

0xalis
June 16th, 2020, 02:00 AM
Heeeeeyyyyyyy I got my hair cut from waist at age 10 and haven't been that long since too!!! I went to a bob, but the pixies came not long after ahaha.
Your hair looks amazing, I can't wait to watch your progress :D

ioanaxena
June 16th, 2020, 02:29 AM
Wow, you have beautiful hair, qvbit! It really grew a lot, considering you trimmed it.

Begemot
June 16th, 2020, 02:31 AM
Awesome progress! Reaching waist length this year definitely seems possible :thumbsup:

Feral_
June 16th, 2020, 02:49 AM
Impressive! Looks in lovely condition too :-)

Vacurlylady
June 16th, 2020, 03:36 AM
Wow! Amazing in 11 months! You have beautiful hair! Keep going. 💞

TatsuOni
June 16th, 2020, 04:24 AM
That's some great growth and your hair looks beautiful! :)

Mariekeeee14
June 16th, 2020, 04:29 AM
That looks so good! Awesome growth

lapushka
June 16th, 2020, 10:35 AM
Awesome! And it looks really good! :D Congrats.

cestlavie
June 16th, 2020, 11:06 AM
So beautiful and what a lot of growth!

SleepyTangles
June 16th, 2020, 11:11 AM
I hope it's OK to post this here! I looked for the "year of growth" comparison thread but could not find it for the life of me.

I'm so proud of my growth in the past 11 months. My hair always seems to grow excruciatingly slow to me, but when I see comparisons like this it blows my mind. This is from July 2019 to June 2020, and I even trimmed 3 times during that time! It makes me hopeful that I might just make it to waist length before the year is out. Then it will be the longest it's ever been since I got it cut to a pixie at age 10.

I have LHC to thank! I lurked on here a while before making an account, and I'm so grateful for all your collective tips and advice, and reassurances when I'm feeling impatient!

https://i.imgur.com/IoUKHkX.png

Your hair is gorgeous! :crush: And It grew so much!

Sarahlabyrinth
June 16th, 2020, 12:22 PM
Lovely hair and great growth! :)

qvbit
June 16th, 2020, 06:51 PM
Wow. Thanks everyone! You are so encouraging, wishing speedy growth and health to all of you :toast:

LittleHealthy
June 16th, 2020, 09:03 PM
Just wow! This is some seriously solid growth. Thick hemline, growing strong!!

Would love to hear about your haircare routine :D

qvbit
June 16th, 2020, 09:24 PM
Just wow! This is some seriously solid growth. Thick hemline, growing strong!!

Would love to hear about your haircare routine :D

It's been terribly damaged by colour in the past, I used Olaplex to repair it and for me it worked wonders. I've also maintained the hemline with the trims. At the moment I wash it with Sukin Balancing shampoo and conditioner, and I use white vinegar to rinse it. I try to stretch as long as possible but I'm oily so I usually only manage 2-3 days. The vinegar is the thing I think that's helped most with frizziness and dryness. I use white vinegar for my hair as apple cider gives my hair a reddish tint, but I've read that any vinegar works! Other than that I don't do much except try to wear it up a lot and forget about it (it's hard not to be impatient tho :lol:)

Edit: Oh! I feel like I should add that I feel like eating more eggs and veggies helped too. It was the only thing that changed about my routine in the past year. Since I was at home more I cooked a lot more eggs and sweet potato for breakfast, rather than toast.