PDA

View Full Version : Back after a long time away!

skydancer7
May 30th, 2020, 03:41 AM
Hello all,

I am so happy to be back! I ended up with pixie cut after a hendigo disaster several years ago. Thanks to learning about the 2 week rule here and learning the hard way what happens when you DON'T follow it, I've finally stopped stress-cutting and dying. The last few years have been a strategy of "put it up and forget about it". Now it's going to be waist length in no time and I am back because I now have the length to be able to do some of the awesome buns I was admiring years ago. Thanks for the inspiration over the years of growing out the pixie (no I don't have any pics, hopefully there's no record of that time in my life :D).

I got a lovely balayage but now I am having a lot of splint ends from the damage. Aside from search-and-destroy and a micro trim once every several months, I am gonna be researching strategies on how to repair some of that damage and keep my ends from fraying as I continue to grow to tailbone. Any pointers appreciated! I know there's only so much one can do to repair damage from bleach, but I will do what I can...

Hope you all are hanging in there,

Good to be back!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 30th, 2020, 04:40 AM
Welcome back!

TatsuOni
May 30th, 2020, 06:18 AM
Welcome back! :)

rachdun
May 30th, 2020, 06:29 AM
Welcome back!

lapushka
May 30th, 2020, 07:01 AM
Welcome back! :)

curly girl fla
May 30th, 2020, 08:40 AM
Welcome back! It looks like you're making great progress regrowing.

Lucyb
May 30th, 2020, 11:06 AM
Welcome back, glad to have you with us :)

oldrocker
May 30th, 2020, 07:10 PM
Congrats on your patience and determination. Remember to update your current length....isn't that the best part of this???

O.R.

hennalonghair
May 30th, 2020, 08:59 PM
Welcome back

BleachedBerry
May 31st, 2020, 04:24 PM
Hello all,

I am so happy to be back! I ended up with pixie cut after a hendigo disaster several years ago. Thanks to learning about the 2 week rule here and learning the hard way what happens when you DON'T follow it, I've finally stopped stress-cutting and dying. The last few years have been a strategy of "put it up and forget about it". Now it's going to be waist length in no time and I am back because I now have the length to be able to do some of the awesome buns I was admiring years ago. Thanks for the inspiration over the years of growing out the pixie (no I don't have any pics, hopefully there's no record of that time in my life :D).

I got a lovely balayage but now I am having a lot of splint ends from the damage. Aside from search-and-destroy and a micro trim once every several months, I am gonna be researching strategies on how to repair some of that damage and keep my ends from fraying as I continue to grow to tailbone. Any pointers appreciated! I know there's only so much one can do to repair damage from bleach, but I will do what I can...

Hope you all are hanging in there,

Good to be back!

Hi there. I am also back after a while.
I had a bob once, no evidence that I am aware of.

Products that are designed to mend split ends may be helpful. Though they will not "mend" split ends, they can temporarily seal them down. This will help prevent them from splitting up further and disguise their nasty appearance.

For repairing the hair I would recommend an olaplex treatment. This will not necessarily fix split ends but works on the internal structure of the hair. You can have no. 1 and 2 done at a salon, or search around online and see if you can find them. Going to a salon would be best. Having this incorporated in your bleach/color if you so choose to color again will prevent most damage in the first place. No. 3 - 7 are great for at home maintenance. Be warned though these products are not cheap, they are well worth it my opinion. You will not find any dupes for these as the ingredients are patent and other companies who created similar products have been sued and forced to rip all the products from there shelfs.

Hope this helps.