PDA

View Full Version : Shedding lots of little hairs?

Lucyb
May 28th, 2020, 04:21 PM
Hey all

So I've posted before about possibly going through a TE episode. Over the last few months my hair shedding has steadily risen from around 30-50 hairs per day, to something like 60-80. Still under the 100 a day threshold but it's difficult to tell for sure how much is coming out, especially as I only tend to notice the medium or long bits of my hair that come out (my hair is thick, wavyish and goes down to my mid-back). There's possibly more short bits that come out too, but I don't usually notice them.

Except when I do? It possibly falls under "it happens to everyone" category, but do people shed short hairs too? I've noticed recently that when I take a shirt off at the end of a day the inside of it is littered with lots (maybe 30ish) little hairs, most shorter than the length of an eyelash. Some of this could be breakage possibly, but a lot do have whiteish ends to them.

What's going on here? Do people have this normally?

I can dimly remember seeing things like this before, but I guess I've just disregarded it as my long-hair-shed has never been excessive for me, so I had no reason to worry. Now though, I'm not sure.

lapushka
May 28th, 2020, 04:51 PM
Do you have heat styled hair left on your head? So curling irons, straighteners?

Ylva
May 28th, 2020, 05:04 PM
There are a lot of hairs on your head with very short terminal lengths, especially around the front hairline. They will shed in their own time just like any hair.

TE tends to "target" the top of the head in particular. Back when I had it, I was shedding a lot of relatively short hairs among longer ones. It does not discriminate.

Lucyb
May 29th, 2020, 01:59 AM
Do you have heat styled hair left on your head? So curling irons, straighteners?

Nope! I can't remember the last time I used heat on my head haha.

Lucyb
May 29th, 2020, 02:01 AM
There are a lot of hairs on your head with very short terminal lengths, especially around the front hairline. They will shed in their own time just like any hair.

TE tends to "target" the top of the head in particular. Back when I had it, I was shedding a lot of relatively short hairs among longer ones. It does not discriminate.

Ah, that could be it. I've probably asked before, but how's your recovery coming Ylva? Are you over the shedding now?

Ylva
May 29th, 2020, 03:32 AM
Ah, that could be it. I've probably asked before, but how's your recovery coming Ylva? Are you over the shedding now?

Yes, my TE lasted about 4 months altogether. Thank you for asking! I am now in full recovery with a head full of dandelion fluff. :)

lapushka
May 29th, 2020, 03:56 AM
Nope! I can't remember the last time I used heat on my head haha.

Because that would have been the easy answer. LOL!

Have you ever inspected your ends for white dots (signs of pending breakage) way up the strand? Mostly this is due to heat damage, which is why I thought of that. But it seems people get them... just like that as well.

Lucyb
May 30th, 2020, 11:02 AM
Because that would have been the easy answer. LOL!

Have you ever inspected your ends for white dots (signs of pending breakage) way up the strand? Mostly this is due to heat damage, which is why I thought of that. But it seems people get them... just like that as well.

Oh I have! Its difficult to say for sure since my hair seems so long, but I've not noticed much. Hairdressers have even noticed that my hair seems quite healthy, which I've loved haha.