PDA

View Full Version : S&D at last!

Messyhair
May 26th, 2020, 12:59 PM
I just had to post that I completed my first S&D in what may be years! Woo!

My hair is currently just past collarbone in the front, but is cut in an inverted-u, so the back is still too short for me to S&D. I had SO many splits: from negligence, bleaching, dying, or the terrible razoring that was performed when I got this cut. I can say that the splits only started appearing after the cut + bleaching, so it's most likely related to one or both of those. Just a single bleaching event, and I'm done dying my hair, so things are looking up for my future hair. I just need to decide whether I'm going with all natural colour, or adding a bit of punch with some shampoo-in N'Rage colour. It's deposit only, temporary hair colour, so much gentler. Also pricey and runs when the hair gets wet, though... which is why I'm leaning toward natural.

Anyway, just wanted to share this kind-of-milestone! Yay!

auburntressed
May 26th, 2020, 10:06 PM
Yay! Good for you (and your hair).

I recently started to S&D again after a very long, lazy break from it. And it has improved my hair so much.

The first couple of times, I felt like I spent hours snipping the end off of every single hair I had in the bottom 8-9 inches of hair. But now, I am barely finding any splits at all when I go through it. Maybe 1-2 a day.

So keep up the good work! I’m sure it will help.

nyholev
May 27th, 2020, 12:18 AM
I took a 10 years break from S&D (and all of the other good hair care routines), its great to do that again! So meditative.