PDA

View Full Version : Any funny incidents related to your hair length?

Feral_
May 19th, 2020, 03:10 PM
Just a trivial thread! I used to have TBL hair and its length caused me a few incidents that I thought I would share. This was the 90s - I didn’t braid or bun my hair out of the way - if it gets to that length again I certainly will!

At a concert, in the mosh pit - a random guy behind me was wearing a leather jacket. As I was dancing my hair got caught in the zip of his jacket. Cue embarrassing fumbling with a complete stranger to free it.

Arrived at work, got out of my car and as I was shutting the car door the wind took my hair and I trapped it in the door. I didn’t realise though and tried to walk away. Owww. Also numerous times I put the car window up with a load of hair trapped in it then wonder why I can’t move my head lol.

Cooking for a guy I was newly dating. I’m drying a wine glass with a tea towel.. there’s eye contact. Things are going well he’s looking at me etc. Only without realising it I’ve stuffed some of my hair inside the glass along with the tea towel. Casually flick towel out of the glass, and my hair somehow snags around it throwing the glass towards him and smashing it. The relationship didn’t last!

Partner sleeping problems - when they lie on your hair! Think I’ll leave it there...

Over to you :-)

0xalis
May 19th, 2020, 03:49 PM
I managed to close the car door on my hair somewhere between ear and mouth length!
I couldn't believe such a thing to be possible at such a short length, but then it happened. Definitely had to get used to not having a buzz cut anymore :p
Now that I'm at chin it's already long enough to get in the way of "adult activities" LOL

akurah
May 19th, 2020, 04:22 PM
I've peed on my hair back when it was knee length. That happened exactly once.

It also got rolled up into a seat belt. Once.

AmaryllisRed
May 19th, 2020, 05:49 PM
I worry about peeing on mine if I go to the bathroom half-asleep. I think it's possible since I am used to it being up during the day so pulling it out of the way isn't habit.

This morning my braid got caught on a nail on the wall and actually pulled me backwards. That's the second time that's happened.

Also, lately, I wake up and feel like I'm sleeping on something and it turns out to be my braid.

hennalonghair
May 19th, 2020, 08:24 PM
When I was younger I used to waitress part time to put myself through school. I had my hair in a pony tail which was then divided into 6 braids and then tied at the bottom with a big scrunchie. The people I was serving thought my hair was a fake and had no problems saying so. When I told them it wasn’t they started pulling in it. It was most annoying and I felt very uncomfortable. A male friend of mine relieved the tension by sticking a small plate at the bottom of my braids and told me I could be his personal plant holder. Well I cracked right up and so did these other people. Of course I got a great tip. It was a very funny day and something I remembered forever and a day.

Then last Christmas I went to play my saxophone and sing at my parents nursing home and one man there was fascinated with my hair. I think he thought it was fake also so started pulling on my braids. Of course I squealed and the nurses and support workers came over before I took care of him. Kidding. Sort of. LOL! :demon:

Iyashikei
May 19th, 2020, 09:16 PM
The only thing I can remember is getting hair in my mouth while talking.

Feral_
May 20th, 2020, 03:16 AM
Some good ones there.
Hennalonghair - that plant pot image cracked me up too!
Peeing on hair, oh dear! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
May 20th, 2020, 05:36 AM
Just mundane things like walking through a door and the hair tangling around the door handle. Or standing outside with DH and him saying "Aaargh! your hair is wrapping itself around me!". :D

auburntressed
May 20th, 2020, 06:09 AM
I really don’t have any funny incidents, just some funny reactions. I keep my hair up almost all the time. Every time someone I work with sees it down for the first time, they act like they are beyond shocked that someone could have hair as long as me. Keep in mind, my hair is only tailbone length right now, and it’s never been longer than classic. For some reason, this is mind-boggling to people.

gossamer
May 20th, 2020, 07:09 AM
Just FYI, based on messages I've gotten from some "appreciators" on other platforms, stories like these are one of the subsets of "appreciating" long hair. Something about women having difficulty or risk associated with their hair really seems to amuse them... :puke:

Lucy McLucyFace
May 20th, 2020, 07:21 AM
The only thing I can remember is getting hair in my mouth while talking.

Odd this happened to me every day all day for years but hasn't happened in a very long time

AmaryllisRed
May 20th, 2020, 08:09 AM
Just FYI, based on messages I've gotten from some "appreciators" on other platforms, stories like these are one of the subsets of "appreciating" long hair. Something about women having difficulty or risk associated with their hair really seems to amuse them... :puke:

You mean like button (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=117688&highlight=Buttons)-related difficulties? Hate when that happens...

Feral_
May 20th, 2020, 09:51 AM
You mean like button (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=117688&highlight=Buttons)-related difficulties? Hate when that happens...

I genuinely had no idea that was a thing some people “appreciated” :confused:

gossamer
May 20th, 2020, 10:11 AM
I genuinely had no idea that was a thing some people “appreciated” :confused:

Yeah i don't get it either, but I've gotten just enough messages asking for me to share my stories about "hilarious accidents" with my hair that it's enough data points to show a small cluster of interest. Someone (before I blocked them) even kept messaging me with photographs taken of women's hair shut in doors or wrapped around door handles or stuff like that, staged in such a way to show off the "accident" (women posing in mock horror/shock, etc)

enting
May 20th, 2020, 10:18 AM
I've come to learn that some people "enjoy" other people's struggles and/or suffering.

Feral_
May 20th, 2020, 10:27 AM
Clearly I don’t understand some people. However if this thread is likely to cause any of you hassle then please can a moderator delete it?
The incidents I referred to were at my expense, it was not my intention to offend anyone :(

Jools69
May 20th, 2020, 02:50 PM
Having my hair caught in zips on coats and tangled in my glasses. I’m more careful now!

Hellebore
May 20th, 2020, 04:34 PM
I had an unfortunate incident with one wayward lock of hair and a candle many years ago.

I am more careful around open flames now...

Hexen
May 20th, 2020, 04:59 PM
Just mundane things like walking through a door and the hair tangling around the door handle. Or standing outside with DH and him saying "Aaargh! your hair is wrapping itself around me!". :D

Your hair is prehensile!

I had an unfortunate incident with one wayward lock of hair and a candle many years ago.

I am more careful around open flames now...

I've caught mine on fire before when smoking some quality party favors from a pipe.
(I don't smoke tobacco)
In retrospect that's not really what I consider funny though.
What's funny is that when it happened I started smacking myself in the face over and over really hard.

Shorty89
May 20th, 2020, 10:03 PM
I wasn't attached to me at the time, but years ago, I got an annoyed text from my boyfriend at the time's brother. One of my hairs had gotten into his underwear and entangled in a rather delicate area.

Hexen
May 20th, 2020, 10:20 PM
I wasn't attached to me at the time, but years ago, I got an annoyed text from my boyfriend at the time's brother. One of my hairs had gotten into his underwear and entangled in a rather delicate area.

Yep.
That's pretty much happened to my own self...with my own hair.
And even though it might be just one single hair, if it gets pulled just right, it aint too completely funny.
Owwwww!

Just one of those things that some of us sometimes have to deal with.

But in order to have it, I'll always be willing to deal with it . :D

Sarahlabyrinth
May 21st, 2020, 01:58 AM
Your hair is prehensile!

I've caught mine on fire before when smoking some quality party favors from a pipe.
(I don't smoke tobacco)
In retrospect that's not really what I consider funny though.
What's funny is that when it happened I started smacking myself in the face over and over really hard.

...It may well be... :laugh:

TatsuOni
May 21st, 2020, 02:22 AM
I've gotten my braid stuck under my knee while crawling into bed.

I sometimes get my braid stuck between the cushions in the couch and when trying to lean forward to get up, I'm stuck :p

When taking of a T-shirt, while wearing a scrunchie at the end of my braid. The T-shirt sometimes ends up hanging from the scrunchie and it makes me giggle every time for some reason.

Feral_
May 21st, 2020, 09:40 AM
Prehensile hair - I think that’s the length I aspire to achieve! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
May 21st, 2020, 01:26 PM
Prehensile hair - I think that’s the length I aspire to achieve! :D

Beware - it can do things behind your back! :laugh:

Spitfire
May 21st, 2020, 01:38 PM
When my hair was below BSL last time I managed to get it caught in some stringed musical instruments. And that's not even all that long. LOL

Hexen
May 21st, 2020, 03:32 PM
Beware - it can do things behind your back! :laugh:

Back Stabbath. :rollin: :rockerdud

Shorty89
May 21st, 2020, 10:26 PM
Yep.
That's pretty much happened to my own self...with my own hair.
And even though it might be just one single hair, if it gets pulled just right, it aint too completely funny.
Owwwww!

Just one of those things that some of us sometimes have to deal with.

But in order to have it, I'll always be willing to deal with it . :D

I haven't had problems with the front area but when I have past TB length hair, I get far too many hairs in the ol' bum crack!

Hexen
May 22nd, 2020, 05:55 AM
I haven't had problems with the front area but when I have past TB length hair, I get far too many hairs in the ol' bum crack!

Well I'd be lying if I said that I haven't fallen victim to that very same thing before too. :)
But as mine isn't quite TB, those hairs are typically rogues that have detached themselves from the scalp.