PDA

View Full Version : Can I henna gloss every 3 or 2 weeks

enshallah
May 17th, 2020, 06:02 AM
I have thin oily hair and henna is the only thing that's ever helped it substantially. I do it monthly. Now that I'm desperate for length (so need strong ends) I was thinking of doing a gloss every 2 to 3 weeks (and a full on henna every 6 weeks or so...in sync so it's not overkill)

Do you think this is a good idea? I love henna and maybe it's the key for thickening me up.

Xxx

hennalonghair
May 17th, 2020, 08:19 AM
Sure. You can henna as often as you like. I used to have to do a henna treatment on my roots every 10 days . It could end up causing some mechanic hair loss but since your hair is thin and oily, that may very well work in your favour. Henna glosses are good for your hair. I certainly miss the extra strength and conditioning henna offers.

curly girl fla
May 17th, 2020, 08:34 AM
I agree-henna glosses can be done fairly frequently. I don't do them, but for years have done full head henna every 6 weeks or so. I am now doing henna/cassia mix every few weeks. My hair does well with it-definitely added strength to my individual strands.

akurah
May 17th, 2020, 11:01 AM
Henna gets darker with each use. Unless your hair is black or you genuinely, truly don't care about the color, i don't think this is a great idea. If you're not doing full head applications (roots only) the color concern becomes negligible. Henna also becomes more of a hassle the longer your hair gets if you are in fact doing full head applications. The weight is quite heavy.

enshallah
May 17th, 2020, 11:21 AM
What color do you think it would become if you did henna glosses twice a month?

I'm reddish brunette to begin with buy been hennaing 8 years