PDA

View Full Version : Bad chop

Nelisabet
May 4th, 2020, 03:15 AM
So i decided to get a big kind of start a new chop since my hair was so damaged, went and asked for a above the shoulder blunt cut and got som really bad layers cut in..i really want my hair to be just one length so now i'm thinking that i'm gonna have to wait 6 months and the even it out, or should i cut a little every month until it's all the same length? Has anyone been through anything similar and how did you solve it?

Simsy
May 4th, 2020, 03:21 AM
I had something similar in high school. Dad made me cut my hair for graduation; and I basically wore it up in a ponytail for the next couple of years. I only really trimmed every 2-4 months as I had time, I didn’t really notice the mess. If you’re planning on wearing it loose, trimming as you go might be the best solution; just to keep it tidy. But if you can wear it up and away; leaving it for a few months and cutting back might be faster in the grand scheme. It depends on how you feel about losing progress/length.

lapushka
May 4th, 2020, 04:52 AM
How "badly" is it layered? Just the very ends (last couple inches) or layers throughout? If you have layers throughout, which can be quite short, I would go for growing it out. If it's just the very ends, then you can perhaps gradually trim.

Welcome BTW. :D

Laurab
May 4th, 2020, 05:36 PM
How long has it been since the layers were cut?
Maybe it isn't as bad as it feels right now.
How long are the layers? Where do they start?

I've got some (good) layers right now, and I'm at shoulder length. They were cut in when I barely hit shoulder length, and it felt like there was a big difference between the layers and the rest of my hair. It's now been about five or six months, and I feel like the layers are barely shorter, since the difference is now a shorter percentage of my hairs total length. It's sort of amazing how much of a difference 2-3 inches can make.

For that reason, I'd recommend waiting at least six months before you do a self trim. Hopefully they grow out better and it turns out this isn't a huge deal!

blackgothicdoll
May 4th, 2020, 08:10 PM
I'm in the same place and recommend waiting it out. It may be something that does get better with time, as is the fun part about layers.