PDA

View Full Version : Took NINE Years!

shenandoah04
May 2nd, 2020, 07:03 PM
I apparently have not signed in in nine years.
I was very depressed when I last logged in. My hair was not growing back after donating to LOL and hadn't in four years. I had gone through a ****ty breakup. Etc, etc. No need to rehash that past.
Anyway in many ways my hair represented ME...
For the first time in ten years, I can reach behind my back and there's hair! No longer just at the shoulders or bra strap. It's not quite waist length but closer to that than anything else (elbow?) Augh!!! I cannot express that delight this morning.
It feels like I am myself again.

shenandoah04
May 2nd, 2020, 07:04 PM
Edit: Shoot! I've even made a major move too! Haha life is entirely different.

hennalonghair
May 2nd, 2020, 07:07 PM
Welcome back and congratulations!
It’s nice to reach those lengths for sure.

mermaid lullaby
May 2nd, 2020, 07:11 PM
Welcome back!

Laurab
May 2nd, 2020, 10:49 PM
Wonderful! Congratulations!
I hope things are better in your personal life too, and that hair growth can represent emotional growth.

Tinyponies
May 3rd, 2020, 01:28 AM
Welcome home (to yourself), shenandoah04. Isn’t it amazing how life can change. :)

SleepyTangles
May 3rd, 2020, 01:52 AM
Welcome back :hifive: !

lapushka
May 3rd, 2020, 03:04 AM
Welcome back, and congrats on your milestone! :applause

embee
May 3rd, 2020, 05:12 AM
Yes, being able to reach behind my back and feel hair was a wonderful thing, but it pales in comparison to suddenly finding I could sit on the ends of my hair. So welcome back, and happy growing, you've got at least one more great moment coming in the future! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 3rd, 2020, 05:29 AM
Welcome back - better nine years than never! It's so great to hear that your life has turned around for the better :)

Khristopher
May 3rd, 2020, 06:07 AM
Glad to hear that you're coming from a much better place than before! Welcome back, I hope to see many of your posts from now on :cheese:

Lucyb
May 3rd, 2020, 09:09 AM
I know that feeling, I'm so happy for you!

sonic_goose
May 3rd, 2020, 09:37 AM
It’s so great to hear people say that their life is totally different after going through depression and hardship. It’s utterly refreshing during these times of bad news. Congrats!!!

TatsuOni
May 3rd, 2020, 12:05 PM
Welcome back! :)