PDA

View Full Version : Hair with white bulb?

bubbles04
April 18th, 2020, 04:17 AM
I ve noticed that a few of my strands which fall out tend to have a white bulb at the end. Does that mean my hair will not grow back and it has started to thin out??
I ve read so many conflicting information that I dont know what to believe. Some say it's a result of hair thinning, some say it's normal.
Any helpful advice will be greatly appreciated :(

Ylva
April 18th, 2020, 04:26 AM
Whole hairs that fall out of the follicle (as opposed to the hair breaking off) normally have a white bulb at the end. It's completely normal, and no, it doesn't mean the hair won't grow back. :)

Loveletters
April 18th, 2020, 04:38 AM
As far as I know, it's not something to worry about. Many people find hairs with the follicle connected sometimes, because we simply lose a certain amount of hairs every day. These will get replaced, so it will grow back! In my childhood, I used to pull out my hair because of anxiety, aways with the white bulbs connected to the strands. I got a few bald spots in my nape, I was terrified it would never grow back. Now, 6 years later, the hair has grown back nicely. PLEASE, NEVER pull out your hair, but this was just meant as an illustration that the hair loss is not permanent! :) Take care~

lapushka
April 18th, 2020, 07:31 AM
Ylva is correct. It means you have no breakage and that it falls out from the root, that's all it means. Which is what you want from a shed hair in the first place!

bubbles04
April 18th, 2020, 08:45 AM
Ylva is correct. It means you have no breakage and that it falls out from the root, that's all it means. Which is what you want from a shed hair in the first place!

Thanks a lot guys . Relieved!

bubbles04
April 18th, 2020, 08:46 AM
As far as I know, it's not something to worry about. Many people find hairs with the follicle connected sometimes, because we simply lose a certain amount of hairs every day. These will get replaced, so it will grow back! In my childhood, I used to pull out my hair because of anxiety, aways with the white bulbs connected to the strands. I got a few bald spots in my nape, I was terrified it would never grow back. Now, 6 years later, the hair has grown back nicely. PLEASE, NEVER pull out your hair, but this was just meant as an illustration that the hair loss is not permanent! :) Take care~

Thank you!! Really relieved to hear this!

bubbles04
April 18th, 2020, 08:47 AM
Whole hairs that fall out of the follicle (as opposed to the hair breaking off) normally have a white bulb at the end. It's completely normal, and no, it doesn't mean the hair won't grow back. :)

Thanks a lot .�� was really worried when I saw those but feeling much better now