PDA

View Full Version : Big Bottles of Conditioner?

umbrellabones
April 12th, 2020, 09:05 AM
Hello, I tried to search for a similar thread but if I missed it please redirect me. Anyways, I am hunting for some conditioner recommendations that come in BIG bottles (32oz or so). I have classic length hair and go through a lot of conditioner, but I dont love frequently buying the little (usually less than 16oz) bottles of conditioner that seems to be the most readily available size. I am not terribly picky with conditioner ingredients, I tend to prefer more natural and silicone free but I am not afraid of silicones and use them occasionally. Basically I am open to try anything that you are loving so long as it comes in XL! :)

I also just wanted to add I know salon stores, tj maxx, supermarkets etc. Sell conditioners in big bottles, but I am more looking for recommendations of brands that you have used and liked that come in those sizes since many of them are more expensive brands I'd love some positive reviews before spending the money :)

lapushka
April 12th, 2020, 09:27 AM
Where are you located? US?

Typically here in Belgium (EU), our conditioner bottles are 200ml, so it's terrible. I have classic length too. A bottle lasts me about 2 washes, that's it.

AmaryllisRed
April 12th, 2020, 09:30 AM
My Wal-Mart sells Suave conditioner in 30 oz bottles. I actually prefer smaller ones because they fit on my shower shelf better but they stopped selling them in the smaller size. I use it on my girls and will use it myself when I run out of mine. I'm not super picky about my conditioner either but it seems to work just fine and smells good.

curly girl fla
April 12th, 2020, 09:33 AM
Sally Beauty used to have large (I want to say gallon) size Salon Care conditioners. I never used them but heard good things...not sure if they still have them. My local Sally's changed what they stock. But it would follow that a store that sells to beauty shops would carry large sizes. Also, Ulta has larger bottles. You can find a variety of salon-size bottles at Ross, TJ Maxx, etc. but the brands vary.

Milady_DeWinter
April 12th, 2020, 09:38 AM
I really like the Kallos hair masks, esp the coconut and the honey ones are fantastic for my hair (very thick TBL+, dry ends because of old dyes), in some supermarkets they are extra cheap at 2€ for 1l (about 2.20$ for 33,8+ oz).

Dunno if they are avaiable where you live, but for me those are better than way more expensive brands, and much better than popular conditioners like the hair food masks from Garnier.

Milady_DeWinter
April 12th, 2020, 09:43 AM
My Wal-Mart sells Suave conditioner in 30 oz bottles. I actually prefer smaller ones because they fit on my shower shelf better but they stopped selling them in the smaller size. I use it on my girls and will use it myself when I run out of mine. I'm not super picky about my conditioner either but it seems to work just fine and smells good.

At first I thought you were talking about your *chest* when I read "the girls", and I was wondering why on earth you would put conditioner there. Then I remind you have kids. Shame on me :rolling:

Zesty
April 12th, 2020, 09:43 AM
Sally Beauty carries big bottles. I just bought the Generic Value Products (GVP) Conditioning Balm (dupe of Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm), which I highly recommend, in 33.8oz bottles. But they have others in that size too I think.

cathair
April 12th, 2020, 09:53 AM

Typically here in Belgium (EU), our conditioner bottles are 200ml, so it's terrible. I have classic length too. A bottle lasts me about 2 washes, that's it.

I found a 680ml bottle of HE the other day! They sold out and haven't come back yet though :(

lapushka
April 12th, 2020, 09:57 AM
I found a 680ml bottle of HE the other day! They sold out and haven't come back yet though :(

OMG. That's amazing. Biggest containers I found so far was in the store called "Action" (discounter here) and it was 500ml bottles of Pantene Aqua Light shampoo and their clarifying shampoo. Also 300ml bottles, but they no longer sell those. It's like there one time, and when it's gone, it's gone!

Yes 2 brands come in bigger packaging here. Syoss conditioners (300ml), and Franck Provost conditioners (500ml). But that's it!

littlestarface
April 12th, 2020, 09:57 AM
walmart,costco sell huge 33oz of them.

AmaryllisRed
April 12th, 2020, 09:59 AM
At first I thought you were talking about your *chest* when I read "the girls", and I was wondering why on earth you would put conditioner there. Then I remind you have kids. Shame on me :rolling:

Oh my goodness! :rollin: This made my day.

umbrellabones
April 12th, 2020, 10:00 AM

Yes, I'm in the US. Hopefully some of the coming recommendations will be things available where you live or maybe that will ship to you for a reasonable price :)

umbrellabones
April 12th, 2020, 10:02 AM
Sally Beauty used to have large (I want to say gallon) size Salon Care conditioners. I never used them but heard good things...not sure if they still have them. My local Sally's changed what they stock. But it would follow that a store that sells to beauty shops would carry large sizes. Also, Ulta has larger bottles. You can find a variety of salon-size bottles at Ross, TJ Maxx, etc. but the brands vary.

Sally Beauty carries big bottles. I just bought the Generic Value Products (GVP) Conditioning Balm (dupe of Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm), which I highly recommend, in 33.8oz bottles. But they have others in that size too I think.

I will definitely have to check this out! I used to get the gvp conditioning balm all of the time and never even thought to look for a larger size, thanks for the tip!

umbrellabones
April 12th, 2020, 10:06 AM
Thanks for all the tips so far, I also just wanted to add I know salon stores, tj maxx, supermarkets etc. Sell conditioners in big bottles, but I am more looking for recommendations of brands that you have used and liked that come in those sizes since many of them are more expensive brands I'd love some positive reviews before spending the money :)

Shorty89
April 12th, 2020, 10:12 AM
Hmm, I'm in Canada, so things might be different. I know that Mane N' Tail comes in large bottles for $9 each. It can cause protein overload in some people though. I know you can get 400mL bottles (I think that's 13 Ounces?) of conditioners like Treseme. I don't know if that's big enough for you. It will be harder if you're cone free. Most cone free conditioners come in dinky bottles. I know the Live Clean can come in bigger bottles. I think about 700mL.

Rowdy
April 12th, 2020, 10:36 AM
Target sells 30.4 oz bottles of Aussie moist conditioner for 5.99$, that's my current favorite.

MusicalSpoons
April 12th, 2020, 10:41 AM
I want to say Tresemme, as they do 900ml bottles over here. I don't know that it's especially highly rated but decent enough for a cheap conditioner.

FrayedFire
April 12th, 2020, 11:27 AM
I want to say Tresemme, as they do 900ml bottles over here. I don't know that it's especially highly rated but decent enough for a cheap conditioner.

I came to say this too. It's not bad and the bottles are too big for me to use one-handed. XD

littlestarface
April 12th, 2020, 11:29 AM
I use the nexxus 33oz bottles my favorite imo, they leave my hair no tangles beautifully shiny and smells so good.

blackgothicdoll
April 12th, 2020, 11:41 AM
I like Biolage Ultra Hydrasource, you can get a 33.3oz bottle for 16 bucks. Otherwise I'd recommend Tresseme.

umbrellabones
April 12th, 2020, 11:47 AM
Hmm, I'm in Canada, so things might be different. I know that Mane N' Tail comes in large bottles for $9 each. It can cause protein overload in some people though. I know you can get 400mL bottles (I think that's 13 Ounces?) of conditioners like Treseme. I don't know if that's big enough for you. It will be harder if you're cone free. Most cone free conditioners come in dinky bottles. I know the Live Clean can come in bigger bottles. I think about 700mL.

I like Biolage Ultra Hydrasource, you can get a 33.3oz bottle for 16 bucks. Otherwise I'd recommend Tresseme.

I haven't used tresseme in YEARS, but I remember buying it when I first started my long hair journey. No idea if I liked in then or not but I'll have to give it another go after these recommendations and knowing it comes in bigger sizes!

umbrellabones
April 12th, 2020, 11:49 AM
I use the nexxus 33oz bottles my favorite imo, they leave my hair no tangles beautifully shiny and smells so good.

I have never tried nexus and would love to try something new! Is there a particular formula or line nexus has that you prefer?

littlestarface
April 12th, 2020, 11:57 AM
I have never tried nexus and would love to try something new! Is there a particular formula or line nexus has that you prefer?

I use the one from costco the nexxus humectress ones https://www.costco.com/nexxus-therappe-shampoo-%2526-humectress-conditioner-.product.100462016.html

umbrellabones
April 12th, 2020, 12:02 PM
I use the one from costco the nexxus humectress ones https://www.costco.com/nexxus-therappe-shampoo-%2526-humectress-conditioner-.product.100462016.html

Thanks! I have a Costco membership so I'll definitely check it out next time I go.

Ylva
April 12th, 2020, 12:15 PM
Mother Nature's Goodies offer a 5-litre (169 oz) jug of their conditioner base (natural and silicone free). :D

umbrellabones
April 12th, 2020, 01:34 PM
Mother Nature's Goodies offer a 5-litre (169 oz) jug of their conditioner base (natural and silicone free). :D

I went to their website and that looks really cool! A neat idea that its unscented and you can customize it yourself if you want. And I like that if I love it I could really buy in bulk. I wasn't able to find a list of ingredients though, did I miss that somewhere? Just curious what's in it

Ylva
April 12th, 2020, 01:43 PM
I went to their website and that looks really cool! A neat idea that its unscented and you can customize it yourself if you want. And I like that if I love it I could really buy in bulk. I wasn't able to find a list of ingredients though, did I miss that somewhere? Just curious what's in it

Ah yes, I don't think they have the ingredients listed at their website. They used to have them in the eBay listing which was how I originally stumbled upon their product. I've got a jug at my mom's but I am currently at my flat and can't check them. I'll try to remember to take a photo when I visit her again next weekend and show you!

umbrellabones
April 12th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Ah yes, I don't think they have the ingredients listed at their website. They used to have them in the eBay listing which was how I originally stumbled upon their product. I've got a jug at my mom's but I am currently at my flat and can't check them. I'll try to remember to take a photo when I visit her again next weekend and show you!

Thank you! I sent an email to the company asking if the can send it to me but if they don't get back to me before you go to your mom's that would be very helpful :)

jenn14
April 12th, 2020, 04:38 PM
I love the Hempz conditioners. I buy them at ulta when they have their Liter sale for about $13. Lasts me quite awhile!

Lucy McLucyFace
April 12th, 2020, 04:45 PM
I'd look for hair salon suppliers. We have some such stores around here and they sell huge bottles. Just make sure you can use the whole thing within a year of opening it

ynne
April 12th, 2020, 06:35 PM
OMG. That's amazing. Biggest containers I found so far was in the store called "Action" (discounter here) and it was 500ml bottles of Pantene Aqua Light shampoo and their clarifying shampoo. Also 300ml bottles, but they no longer sell those. It's like there one time, and when it's gone, it's gone!

Yes 2 brands come in bigger packaging here. Syoss conditioners (300ml), and Franck Provost conditioners (500ml). But that's it!
Huh, we get Syoss in 500ml here! It's the only large conditioner I found so far. :)

An idea for people struggling with storing too big bottles: you could pour it into an empty, smaller bottle or some type of a dispenser that you'll keep in the shower/on the bathroom shelf! We only do this with soap but it could work. :)

Dark40
April 12th, 2020, 09:33 PM
Hello, I tried to search for a similar thread but if I missed it please redirect me. Anyways, I am hunting for some conditioner recommendations that come in BIG bottles (32oz or so). I have classic length hair and go through a lot of conditioner, but I dont love frequently buying the little (usually less than 16oz) bottles of conditioner that seems to be the most readily available size. I am not terribly picky with conditioner ingredients, I tend to prefer more natural and silicone free but I am not afraid of silicones and use them occasionally. Basically I am open to try anything that you are loving so long as it comes in XL! :)

I also just wanted to add I know salon stores, tj maxx, supermarkets etc. Sell conditioners in big bottles, but I am more looking for recommendations of brands that you have used and liked that come in those sizes since many of them are more expensive brands I'd love some positive reviews before spending the money :)

Walmart sells 32oz bottles of Herbal Essence Hello Hydration at a really reasonable price!

lapushka
April 13th, 2020, 05:53 AM
Walmart sells 32oz bottles of Herbal Essence Hello Hydration at a really reasonable price!

Aaargh, why. Why can't we get that here. :cry:

I have a stash of 200ml bottles in a big box left, but that's it. They no longer sell HE HH here anymore.

GoddesJourney
April 13th, 2020, 07:43 AM
I use Garnier Fructis Pure Clean for CO days. It comes in huge bottles with a pump. No silicones. I use it by the handful.

eresh
April 13th, 2020, 09:12 AM
The conditioner I use the most (Andrelon KokosBoost) is 300ml.
It lasts me quite a while though.
I only use it 1x in 7 days full length and I don't use a lot.
Sometimes instead of conditioner I use my fav masks (Andrelon Kokosboost 180ml, even this one lasts me a rather long time even though my hair is kneelength,
I don't soak my hair in it, just apply just enough on the whole length, there's really no need to drown your hair in conditioner or masks, there's only so much it can absorb...and The BodyShop Bananamask 240ml)

My second favorite conditioner (Love Beauty Planet) is 400ml.
But I really hate their bottles, hard to get stuff out.

All are silicone free

Dark40
April 13th, 2020, 10:46 AM
Aaargh, why. Why can't we get that here. :cry:

I have a stash of 200ml bottles in a big box left, but that's it. They no longer sell HE HH here anymore.

Yes, I know the feeling on your end :flower:
I don't know why they've stopped selling it in your country. I know you've told me you'd rather not order things online. Because, of the cost of delivery or shipping cost. I bet it would be very expensive for you :cry:
But the thing is that I hate about Walmart is you have to spend up to $35 to get free shipping, and I feel that suppose if I don't want to spend that amount of money to just get free shipping? I bet you do have 200ml bottles in a big box left, and that's it. I felt the same way when I noticed the old Vintage Pantene Pro-V Shampoo and Conditioner for Damaged hair, and also for Permed and Color-Treated hair was no longer on the market. Or, they've stop selling it in our country as well. But one day I saw at the end of last year that it was sold on eBay for a very expensive price! Like, $60 for the 32oz bottle, and I was like, "Why is it so expensive at eBay these days?" and, it's a very old product! I still have a 200ml bottle from 22 year ago of it just a little bit left, and that's it. :cry:
Today, I would really love to find that product at a reasonable price like the way they used to sell it here in the states.

lapushka
April 13th, 2020, 11:29 AM
Yes, I know the feeling on your end :flower:
I don't know why they've stopped selling it in your country. I know you've told me you'd rather not order things online. Because, of the cost of delivery or shipping cost. I bet it would be very expensive for you :cry:
But the thing is that I hate about Walmart is you have to spend up to $35 to get free shipping, and I feel that suppose if I don't want to spend that amount of money to just get free shipping? I bet you do have 200ml bottles in a big box left, and that's it. I felt the same way when I noticed the old Vintage Pantene Pro-V Shampoo and Conditioner for Damaged hair, and also for Permed and Color-Treated hair was no longer on the market. Or, they've stop selling it in our country as well. But one day I saw at the end of last year that it was sold on eBay for a very expensive price! Like, $60 for the 32oz bottle, and I was like, "Why is it so expensive at eBay these days?" and, it's a very old product! I still have a 200ml bottle from 22 year ago of it just a little bit left, and that's it. :cry:
Today, I would really love to find that product at a reasonable price like the way they used to sell it here in the states.

Oh isn't it sad when products get discontinued or are no longer sold where you are. I so hate that!

I haven't seen those bottles of Pantene around here either, Dark.

Dark40
April 13th, 2020, 12:23 PM
Oh isn't it sad when products get discontinued or are no longer sold where you are. I so hate that!

I haven't seen those bottles of Pantene around here either, Dark.

Yes, it is sad when products get discontinued or are no longer sold where you are. I so hate that too! And, I didn't see anything wrong with that product. I thought they probably discontinued it or stopped selling it where I am. Because, either not too many people buying it. Or, maybe a lot of people were allergic to the scent. Because, not too long after the advintage brand they changed the whole scent during 1996, and I hated it! I liked the way it smelled when it first came out in 1991 or 1992!

I also bet that you haven't seen those bottles of Pantene around your way either, lapushka.