PDA

View Full Version : Welp

BraidedBunch
April 10th, 2020, 04:50 PM
I chopped from almost BSL to just shoulder.
I finally killed my dark ends. I've been wanting to do this for over a month now, and I'm happy about it. Whether I decide to grow again or not is yet to be determined, but I'm thinking I'm not "cut" out to be a long hair.
I don't like sleep styles. I don't like sleeping with long hair out. I don't like up dos. My hair is flat. I've almost never had it below mid back. I've had it shoulder many times and loved it.

I hope I'm still welcome to hang around and enjoy long hair care routines to keep my short hair in ship shape, even if I don't decide to grow. You people are amazing and I don't wanna leave the forum because I'm a shorty now!

Best wishes and high fives,
BraidedBunch whose hair is now probably too short to braid. :p:D

Next day edit: no regret still, woo hoo. I slept great. =P
If I ever grow again my goal would be APL. That's the most I can handle. :laugh:

embee
April 10th, 2020, 06:20 PM
Yes, you are welcome here. A good number of members have short hair. You have to do what is best for *you*. :)

lapushka
April 10th, 2020, 06:23 PM
Yes, you are welcome here. A good number of members have short hair. You have to do what is best for *you*. :)

^^ Amen! :)

jane_marie
April 10th, 2020, 06:47 PM
It's great that your happy with your hair. :)

I sure hope you stay I like seeing your comments here and there.

BraidedBunch
April 10th, 2020, 08:15 PM
Thanks y'all! That means a lot to me. I'll definitely post around here and there--I still love the art of hair care.
:grouphug:

CopperButterfly
April 10th, 2020, 08:20 PM
Of course you can stick around. There's even a thread out there for those maintaining shorter lengths. We all just want to be happy with our hair. Glad you've found what works for you!

BraidedBunch
April 10th, 2020, 08:22 PM
Of course you can stick around. There's even a thread out there for those maintaining shorter lengths. We all just want to be happy with our hair. Glad you've found what works for you!

Thank you! :flower:
I'll go find that thread. Sounds like the place for me!

kinnyuu
April 10th, 2020, 08:46 PM
I did this in 2018, went from TBL to BSL. Then in 2019 I went to collarbone. I’m tired of short hair now and I’m growing back, waist is my goal :-)

Ylva
April 11th, 2020, 06:04 AM
Of course you're still welcome to hang around here! :) Congrats on your cut!

Bellalla
April 11th, 2020, 07:09 AM
I'm in the same camp, longer than BSL looks terrible on me, and even BSL is really too long. Shoulder to APL is where my hair looks full and lions-mane like, longer than that it looks flat.

I wish I had hair that looked amazing waist length, but mine really doesn't.

BraidedBunch
April 11th, 2020, 01:11 PM
Thanks everyone!!
I may grow it to just APL if I get the urge for "long" hair again but for now I am fed up and need a serious break from length. Thanks again for the kind responses everyone and I'm glad to know I'm not alone on here!

If I had thicker or less tangly hair, I would feel better with longer hair. I could never have it long enough to need to do up-dos all the time, just not for me.

SleepyTangles
April 11th, 2020, 01:46 PM
But of course you're welcome!! Don't leave the party. Plus, here we trim, cut and regrow all the time :flowers:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 11th, 2020, 01:50 PM
Enjoy your fresh new length! :)

LadyMikaelson
April 11th, 2020, 02:24 PM
I totally feel you! I've had this feeling so many times about myself and my own hair. And sometimes you just have to do what's best for you. While I do plan to grow mine out, my main focus is to get my hair in tip-top shape at it's current length without stressing the actual length.