PDA

View Full Version : 10 years at LHC!

gossamer
April 7th, 2020, 05:34 PM
It's that time of year again! Hello again dear friends, and :waving: to all the folks on the boards I haven't met yet. I'm pretty quiet around here in general, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy you folks!

Anyway, for those who don't know me, I'm "gossamer." My hair was nearly-knee when I joined 10 years ago, I grew to past floor for a while, and then made a cut back to mid-calf in June 2019 (Experiment over! From floor+ to mid-calf (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=150196))

Here are my previous anniversary threads: 3 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=111748), 4 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121835), 5 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130821), 6 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=137282), 7 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=142422), 8 years (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146063), 9 years (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149491)

Where is my hair now??

Creeping on back towards floor again. Here it is damp-ish, taken a few days ago:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40868&d=1586275123

Wind DID NOT want to cooperate with me this afternoon!
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40870&d=1586302141

But yeah, I stepped on the ends in the shower again recently and boy did I NOT miss that part of floor+ hair.

I'm thinking that it's time for another few inches to go, maybe just for consistency's sake in June this year. At this rate, I may really be at floor again by then.

Not sure how short... knee is kind of tempting, but mid-calf last year was pretty great too :hmm: Let's see how reckless months of social isolation make me!

Anyway, I'm happy to be here still, happy to chat with you about any questions or comments you might have, and oh, I'm also over on Instagram dressing up in ridiculous apocalypse costumes and crocheting a bunch lately to try and maintain a semblance of sanity. Join my silliness here! (https://www.instagram.com/gossycrafts/)

lapushka
April 7th, 2020, 05:40 PM
Congratulations, gossamer! I am so happy to hear from you. OMG your hair grew back so fast. :D

AutobotsAttack
April 7th, 2020, 06:52 PM
Absolutely beautiful as always!
How’s your cat doing?

gossamer
April 7th, 2020, 06:55 PM
Congratulations, gossamer! I am so happy to hear from you. OMG your hair grew back so fast. :D

:blossom: Hi lapushka!
I can't tell if it did since I don't measure, but it feels like it took a lot less time to get from mid-calf to ankle this time than last. Probably because these ends are much less fragile and breakable?

Absolutely beautiful as always!
How’s your cat doing? Thank you AutobotsAttack! And both cats are well! Showing signs of aging (they're 13.5 years old) but healthy for the most part. :)

AutobotsAttack
April 7th, 2020, 06:59 PM
Thank you AutobotsAttack! And both cats are well! Showing signs of aging (they're 13.5 years old) but healthy for the most part. :)

Awww how nice!! I have a 6 year old American shorthair. He’s more dog than he is cat lol.

AmaryllisRed
April 7th, 2020, 07:12 PM
Happy anniversary! Your apocalyptic Instagram posts make me smile. :)

Bat
April 7th, 2020, 07:12 PM
I'm new here, but congrats on 10 years here!

EdG
April 7th, 2020, 07:15 PM
Happy anniversary gossamer! :)
Ed

gossamer
April 7th, 2020, 07:42 PM
Awww how nice!! I have a 6 year old American shorthair. He’s more dog than he is cat lol.
some cats are so funny like that. Does he play fetch??

Happy anniversary! Your apocalyptic Instagram posts make me smile. :)
Today's makes me laugh every time I look at it. How ridiculous :rollin:

I'm new here, but congrats on 10 years here!
Welcome to the community! As you can see, it's a place where it's easy to hang around for a while :D

Happy anniversary gossamer! :)
Ed

Thanks EdG!

cathair
April 7th, 2020, 07:48 PM
Happy anniversary Gossamer! :cake: Your hair is looking very happy :)

GoddesJourney
April 7th, 2020, 08:47 PM
I always love your avatar picture. Your hair looks great at floor length, but I can see how you would be inconvenienced by it. Glad you're still around.

Also, do you have any cool pictures of braid waves? I think that would have a very cool anime look and (although it is absolutely not your problem whatsoever) I would love to see it.

-Fern
April 7th, 2020, 10:44 PM
Happy anniversary, Gossamer! :o

neko_kawaii
April 7th, 2020, 11:01 PM
Yar, happy anniversary, now hand over the tinned pears or I’ll do something ridiculous, I know not what, but it will be the terror of the earth.

FrayedFire
April 7th, 2020, 11:11 PM
Wow that grew back fast! Your hemline looks great, it really grew in nicely. How are your buns feeling lately?

SleepyTangles
April 8th, 2020, 12:49 AM
Happy anniversary gossamer, your hair is pretty as ever :flowers:

Ylva
April 8th, 2020, 01:34 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair grew back SO fast and it looks magnificent! Here's to another 10, skål! :beercheer:

lapushka
April 8th, 2020, 03:38 AM
:blossom: Hi lapushka!
I can't tell if it did since I don't measure, but it feels like it took a lot less time to get from mid-calf to ankle this time than last. Probably because these ends are much less fragile and breakable?

Measure schmeasure. ;) I don't either since reaching goal (classic). There is no longer a point, right, except maybe for statistics' sake, but that's not how I roll. :)

Your ends look really thick to me!!! Awesome! :D

lapushka
April 8th, 2020, 03:39 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair grew back SO fast and it looks magnificent! Here's to another 10, skål! :beercheer:

Here we say "schol" in Flemish dialect. It sounds similar! :D :cheer:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 8th, 2020, 04:07 AM
Happy hairiversary! !0 years, wow! I'm not too far behind you, coming up at 8! Your hair grows so fast! I have been wondering whether to trim back a little to see if it might encourage some (possibly) stronger ends which might want to reach ankle. I feel as though I am running out of time, as I will turn 55 this month....

YvetteVarie
April 8th, 2020, 04:53 AM
Happy anniversary, and beautiful hair as always

gossamer
April 8th, 2020, 07:37 AM
Happy anniversary Gossamer! :cake: Your hair is looking very happy :)

Thanks! I did put it through a few instances of neglect-neglect instead of benign neglect this past year, so some kind of trim is really in order again, I think.

I always love your avatar picture. Your hair looks great at floor length, but I can see how you would be inconvenienced by it. Glad you're still around.

Also, do you have any cool pictures of braid waves? I think that would have a very cool anime look and (although it is absolutely not your problem whatsoever) I would love to see it.

Thank you GoddesJourney :inlove: I'm not sure what you mean by an anime look because I don't watch much anime (and I don't understand what's not my problem? i totally need more coffee this morning, sorry for my denseness!!) In the photo messed up by wind, those are braid waves. But do you mean less diffuse ones that I didn't fingercomb through? Would love to see some links to photos of the anime style hair you're thinking of, if you want to share :)

Happy anniversary, Gossamer!

:blossom: -Fern :heart:

Yar, happy anniversary, now hand over the tinned pears or I’ll do something ridiculous, I know not what, but it will be the terror of the earth.
Oh no! Tinned pears are not something this raider has in her treasure stash! Will you take a bag of frozen berries instead??

Wow that grew back fast! Your hemline looks great, it really grew in nicely. How are your buns feeling lately?
A little monotonous, but what's new? :rollin: As my ends are less blunt now after 10 months of growth, they do tuck more nicely again at least. But I really didn't expand my hairstyle repertoire as much as I'd imagined by going from floor+ to mid-calf and I guess now back to ankle.

Happy anniversary gossamer, your hair is pretty as ever

Thank you, SleepyTangles!

:toast: Another 10! Can you imagine what the internet will look like then, and hopefully little old LHC will still be chugging along in the background like it has for so long...

Measure schmeasure. I don't either since reaching goal (classic). There is no longer a point, right, except maybe for statistics' sake, but that's not how I roll. :)

Your ends look really thick to me!!! Awesome!

Thanks! Yeah I completely agree, there's definitely no point for me in measuring either, although certainly people do often ask me what my length is, or what my growth rate is. Sorry, I don't keep those stats!

Happy hairiversary! !0 years, wow! I'm not too far behind you, coming up at 8! Your hair grows so fast! I have been wondering whether to trim back a little to see if it might encourage some (possibly) stronger ends which might want to reach ankle. I feel as though I am running out of time, as I will turn 55 this month....

I really have no idea if my hair grows quickly or slowly! It just does its thing and I keep on doing my things until I notice it again. I really wonder if the last time I went through this, my ends were so much more damaged/thin and they crumbled/snapped much more often, giving the illusion of slower growth, than this time around?

Happy anniversary, and beautiful hair as always

Thanks YvetteVarie!

two_wheels
April 8th, 2020, 07:43 AM
Happy 10-yeariversary, from someone currently on the other end of the length spectrum! Looking great :)

GoddesJourney
April 8th, 2020, 07:56 AM
Double post

GoddesJourney
April 8th, 2020, 07:58 AM
I was just acknowledging that it is not your problem if I want to see a cool picture of your hair.

Anyway, the long hair and bare feet reminded me of this character from Fairy Tail. (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/f/f8/Mav.png/revision/latest?cb=20150727034641)

I get that it is unrealistic to expect like four feet of lateral volume, but it's still cool.

eresh
April 8th, 2020, 08:00 AM
10 years! Congratulations!

Your hair grew back to this length so fast!
And such thick ends, whoa!
Always a fan, no matter what length you decide on :)

gossamer
April 8th, 2020, 11:37 AM
I was just acknowledging that it is not your problem if I want to see a cool picture of your hair.

Anyway, the long hair and bare feet reminded me of this character from Fairy Tail. (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/f/f8/Mav.png/revision/latest?cb=20150727034641)

I get that it is unrealistic to expect like four feet of lateral volume, but it's still cool.

Oh, I see what you mean now. I'd have to do lots of smaller braids, and braid them tightly while still damp to get some volume approximating that. Here are two old photos where I did three braids and then braided them together and this was the result
February 2016:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21577&d=1455726155

and January 2014:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8512&d=1388683322

TatsuOni
April 8th, 2020, 11:42 AM
Congrats! :cheer: I do love your apocalypse pics on instagram! :rolling:

gossamer
April 8th, 2020, 11:53 AM
Happy 10-yeariversary, from someone currently on the other end of the length spectrum! Looking great :)

Thanks, two_wheels!

10 years! Congratulations!

Your hair grew back to this length so fast!
And such thick ends, whoa!
Always a fan, no matter what length you decide on :)

I still have quite some taper going on down past my knees, but it is much less than when I pull out the braid I cut off in June 2019 and compare that taper to what I have now!

Congrats! :cheer: I do love your apocalypse pics on instagram! :rolling:

Thanks! I keep thinking surely I will run out of ideas for what to do, but after a few days something else occurs to me :)

Waveurly
April 8th, 2020, 12:15 PM
Happy hairversary! I love your progress and story! Hopefully you can make a decision that suits you, regarding a possible trim. :)

lapushka
April 8th, 2020, 12:16 PM
Those are some gorgeous braid waves. Don't think I've seen those before! Nice! :D

DaveDecker
April 8th, 2020, 01:23 PM
Your hair is amazing, as always. :thud: Love the post-apocalyptic theme on your IG. :lol:

gossamer
April 8th, 2020, 05:55 PM
Your hair is amazing, as always. :thud: Love the post-apocalyptic theme on your IG. :lol:

Thanks, DaveDecker! Glad to bring some levity with my silliness :)

neko_kawaii
April 8th, 2020, 06:07 PM
Oh no! Tinned pears are not something this raider has in her treasure stash! Will you take a bag of frozen berries instead??

*turns up nose at offered berries* I am a picky post-apocalyptic pirate. I find pears more appealing. Since you possess a paucity of pears, I curse a consonant in your name. Be warned!

gossamer
April 8th, 2020, 08:45 PM
*turns up nose at offered berries* I am a picky post-apocalyptic pirate. I find pears more appealing. Since you possess a paucity of pears, I curse a consonant in your name. Be warned!

OH NOOOO which one? There are so many! Who knew you'd be so prickly about pears? :evil:

paulownia
April 8th, 2020, 11:43 PM
Congratulations on you hair anniversary! I'm happy I checked this thread. I love anniversary posts, they are huge inspiration :D. Your hair is amazing. Im always in awe for such incredible lengths. Makes me feel like a newbie:p even though its soon 5 years on LHC for me.

Spikey
April 9th, 2020, 01:45 AM
I love the annual Gossamer anniversary post! Seeing you at floor and calf and ankle is such a nice example of healthy hair at super lengths. Congrats!

spidermom
April 9th, 2020, 08:04 AM
Hi; good to see you again! I still think of the time we met in Washington, sampled appetizers, and took pictures by a small roadside waterfall.

MusicalSpoons
April 9th, 2020, 11:09 AM
Happy anniversary!! Your hair is stunning, and really did grow back quickly :thud:

Oh, I see what you mean now. I'd have to do lots of smaller braids, and braid them tightly while still damp to get some volume approximating that. Here are two old photos where I did three braids and then braided them together and this was the result
February 2016:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21577&d=1455726155

WOW look at the difference in your ends then and now! Amazing :D

What are usual daily styles now, and are they any/much different from before you cut back?

Siv
April 9th, 2020, 11:56 AM
Happy anniversary! :toast: And I'm really enjoying the apocalyptic theme over on your insta!

gossamer
April 9th, 2020, 03:12 PM
Congratulations on you hair anniversary! I'm happy I checked this thread. I love anniversary posts, they are huge inspiration :D. Your hair is amazing. Im always in awe for such incredible lengths. Makes me feel like a newbie:p even though its soon 5 years on LHC for me.

Thanks paulownia! And I feel like such a newbie still compared with some of the folks who've been around 15+ years!!

I love the annual Gossamer anniversary post! Seeing you at floor and calf and ankle is such a nice example of healthy hair at super lengths. Congrats!

Thank you! :flowers:

Hi; good to see you again! I still think of the time we met in Washington, sampled appetizers, and took pictures by a small roadside waterfall.

I am SO happy we were able to do that! What a gorgeous afternoon to remember now and then :D

Happy anniversary!! Your hair is stunning, and really did grow back quickly :thud:

WOW look at the difference in your ends then and now! Amazing :D

What are usual daily styles now, and are they any/much different from before you cut back?

I know, my ends look SO much thicker now! Poor fragile old ones...

Nope, not much different at all still. Braided nautilus held with a stick, cinnabun (with/without front swoops) held with spin pins, faux crown braid held with spin pins... well, I guess I do the off-coil bun (held with spin pins) a little more often now than before. That's about it really!

Happy anniversary! :toast: And I'm really enjoying the apocalyptic theme over on your insta!
Thanks! No idea what I'm going to do next... maybe rice?

neko_kawaii
April 9th, 2020, 03:18 PM
OH NOOOO which one? There are so many! Who knew you'd be so prickly about pears? :evil:

Prickly pears, I’ve got. It’s the smooth skin, slightly gritty texture of autumn I’m trying to extort.

gossamer
April 9th, 2020, 07:53 PM
Prickly pears, I’ve got. It’s the smooth skin, slightly gritty texture of autumn I’m trying to extort.

I can also offer you granny smith apples, or dried mango slices. Or, um... a cauliflower?? :lol:

neko_kawaii
April 9th, 2020, 08:36 PM
Woah, when she reaches for the cauliflower you know you are out gunned! I give, I give!

Though, I don't know how to redact my curse. . . Help?

Butterfly Blue
April 9th, 2020, 11:57 PM
Congratulations on your 10 yr anniversary!
I look forward to reading your other anniversary posts in-depth.
Beautiful long, healthy hair:)

gossamer
April 10th, 2020, 04:48 PM
Congratulations on your 10 yr anniversary!
I look forward to reading your other anniversary posts in-depth.
Beautiful long, healthy hair:)

Thanks Butterfly Blue! Anniversary threads and the photo albums here at LHC really have helped me keep track of progress over the years :)

embee
April 10th, 2020, 06:24 PM
I'm another who loves your anniversary posts! Congrats on 10 years, and best wishes for many more. :)

kinnyuu
April 10th, 2020, 08:48 PM
Hey I follow you on Instagram! Congrats to 10 years!

krissykins
April 10th, 2020, 09:12 PM
Happy anniversary, gossamer! :smooch:

oldrocker
April 10th, 2020, 11:43 PM
May I thud for you? :thud:

O.R.

Hailwidis
April 11th, 2020, 04:18 AM
Congrats, Gossamer! It's always a pleasure to see your anniversary posts. You've made great progress this year as well, your ends are looking so healthy. :)

I've really been enjoying your post-apocalypse pictures on instagram by the way! :D You're very creative.

Elizabeth E
April 11th, 2020, 06:07 AM
Amazing! I have no other words :thudpile:

Teufelchen
April 11th, 2020, 01:34 PM
Congrats on your 10th anniversary.
Your hair is stunning as usual

gossamer
April 11th, 2020, 03:20 PM
I'm another who loves your anniversary posts! Congrats on 10 years, and best wishes for many more. :)

Thank you! It's always fun when I remember my next LHC-versary is rolling around again :)

Hey I follow you on Instagram! Congrats to 10 years!

Thanks!!

Happy anniversary, gossamer! :smooch:

And congrats to you too, my dearest :smooch:

May I thud for you? :thud:

O.R.

hahah that's what the silly icon is for, isn't it? thanks!

Congrats, Gossamer! It's always a pleasure to see your anniversary posts. You've made great progress this year as well, your ends are looking so healthy. :)

I've really been enjoying your post-apocalypse pictures on instagram by the way! :D You're very creative.

Creativity keeps me from sinking into complete boredom, I think. Glad to hear you've been enjoying them too :D

Amazing! I have no other words :thudpile:

Aw, thank you!

Congrats on your 10th anniversary.
Your hair is stunning as usual

Thank you, Teufelchen :blossom: