PDA

View Full Version : Very itchy scalp... rose water?

Wusel
April 7th, 2020, 02:29 PM
I don't know if it's the isolation but my scalp is very itchy lately. I didn't change anything, Head&Shoulders Sensitive, as usual, no new conditioners or so... Any ideas what to do? Does rose water help with that? I have some here. It helps with irritated skin on my face sometimes...

florenonite
April 7th, 2020, 02:41 PM
Are you washing as often as usual? I've been lazy about washing my hair because there's no one to see me, and when my hair gets too greasy my scalp gets itchy.

Lucy McLucyFace
April 7th, 2020, 02:54 PM
Are you washing as often as usual? I've been lazy about washing my hair because there's no one to see me, and when my hair gets too greasy my scalp gets itchy.

This and also when we're stressed out we tend to overproduce sebum so perhaps it is that?

SleepyTangles
April 8th, 2020, 09:23 AM
Rose water Is very soothing on me, provided that is real rose water (as opposed to a toner with multiple ingredients) and I'm not allergic to the preservatives chosen by the manufacturer.
Cool chamomile tea Is also very pleasant over irritated skin.

lapushka
April 8th, 2020, 09:26 AM
I wonder how come?

So strange all of a sudden. I remember buying the sensitive version of H&S because it has aloe in it. Might it be a reaction to that. There is not a lot of it in there, I don't think, but... I mean you never know.

Do you have the "regular" H&S at home? If so, I'd give that a try. Let it sit for 2 minutes or so, once you have sudsed up. This means the "medication" that's in there can do its job better. I typically always leave my H&S in 2 minutes. It's more than enough!

Wusel
April 9th, 2020, 07:28 AM
I wonder how come?

Do you have the "regular" H&S at home? If so, I'd give that a try. Let it sit for 2 minutes or so, once you have sudsed up. This means the "medication" that's in there can do its job better. I typically always leave my H&S in 2 minutes. It's more than enough!

Thank you :) I never leave my H&S in... I just massage it in and rinse out... maybe I should do the 2 minutes. never thought about that...

Wusel
April 9th, 2020, 07:30 AM
Rose water Is very soothing on me, provided that is real rose water (as opposed to a toner with multiple ingredients) and I'm not allergic to the preservatives chosen by the manufacturer.
Cool chamomile tea Is also very pleasant over irritated skin.

I have 'Rosense' Rose Water. That's the brand name. It's very good on my sensitive face. I will try it on my scalp today.

Wusel
April 9th, 2020, 07:32 AM
This and also when we're stressed out we tend to overproduce sebum so perhaps it is that?

I wash twice a week now instead of once a week because I make more videos with my hair down. But yes, I have a lot of stress because of Corona. It's quite possible that it's that.

spidermom
April 9th, 2020, 07:58 AM
A diluted white vinegar rinse has soothed an itchy scalp for me in the past. I don't have that problem now, but if I did, my first go-to would be white vinegar, well diluted of course.

lapushka
April 9th, 2020, 09:36 AM
Thank you :) I never leave my H&S in... I just massage it in and rinse out... maybe I should do the 2 minutes. never thought about that...

My dermatologist told me this. He said, same thing you do with Nizoral, only it needs a shorter time-frame.

SleepyTangles
April 9th, 2020, 10:50 AM
I have 'Rosense' Rose Water. That's the brand name. It's very good on my sensitive face. I will try it on my scalp today.

How funny, my first rose water was also Rosense. I bough a bottle during a vacation in Istanbul and I fell in love :)

MusicalSpoons
April 9th, 2020, 11:00 AM
Would you normally be outside a lot more than you are right now? Maybe dry - or just drier - indoor air is affecting your scalp.

spidermom
April 9th, 2020, 01:49 PM
I forgot to add earlier that I associate a dry itchy scalp with the pH being out of balance, which is why I reach for vinegar- to return my scalp to the more acid pH that scalp/skin/hair prefers.