View Full Version : Daily washers?

kinnyuu
April 7th, 2020, 02:17 PM
Hey folks,

I’m pretty much a daily washer. I use sulfates and cones but sometimes will use shampoo bars + ACV rinse and real natural products. I switch it up. Though I wash nearly daily, I feel like it gives me a boost of moisture. Anyone else do that? I have the best hair on day 1 and the further I go without a wash, the grosser my scalp gets and the drier my ends get. I like a fresh wash and fresh condition.

Wusel
April 7th, 2020, 02:21 PM
Your hair always smells fresh and beautiful, I guess :)

Ylva
April 7th, 2020, 02:23 PM
I usually wash every other day but I am carefully allowing myself to wash daily, or every "day and a half". This thread (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141446) could be something for you to join. :)

Wusel
April 7th, 2020, 02:25 PM
I usually wash every other day but I am carefully allowing myself to wash daily, or every "day and a half". This thread (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141446) could be something for you to join. :)

Do you wash all your hair or make a braid/bun and wash the scalp only? I wash twice a week and one time it's only my scalp and the rest of the hair is in a braided bun with a plastic bag over it so it stays dry.

Little Lemon
April 7th, 2020, 09:11 PM
Hey folks,

I’m pretty much a daily washer. I use sulfates and cones but sometimes will use shampoo bars + ACV rinse and real natural products. I switch it up. Though I wash nearly daily, I feel like it gives me a boost of moisture. Anyone else do that? I have the best hair on day 1 and the further I go without a wash, the grosser my scalp gets and the drier my ends get. I like a fresh wash and fresh condition.

I just wanted to chime in to say my hair and scalp behave the exact same way. I wash (all of it) every other day, but that’s only because I don’t like the feeling of my wet hair. I’ve tried stretching washes further apart to see if I could adjust, but after years of trying, it still didn’t work. Day 1 hair is my only good hair day.

beckybourbon
April 7th, 2020, 09:31 PM
I just recently back to washing my hair daily. For so long I’ve been washing it every 3 days because any girl on YouTube and google say one size fits all and to wash it less for your hair to grow. I found out the hard way that my hair doesn’t like that and I get super dry ends and an oily scalp and bad dandruff. I am now back to washing every day and I LOVE it. I love the feeling of fresh hair and I cannot wait to come home from work to wash it again! 🙂 I too switch between natural and then sulfs+cones.

Ylva
April 7th, 2020, 11:36 PM
Do you wash all your hair or make a braid/bun and wash the scalp only? I wash twice a week and one time it's only my scalp and the rest of the hair is in a braided bun with a plastic bag over it so it stays dry.

I've experimented with scalp-only washes twice now but I've had some trouble making it work for me. My most recent endeavours were recorded in the thread in linked above, I think. :) Apart from these experiments, I let all of my hair get wet and condition it.

Nox_Inber
April 8th, 2020, 12:31 AM
Me! I wash daily otherwise my scalp riots and I get acne. My hair itself can do every other day but longer than that and things start looking real gross. I'm envious of those that can wash once or twice a week.

Edit: I use sulfates and cones with each wash.

Dark40
April 9th, 2020, 09:30 PM
I used to wash daily but I switched to every other day. Or, twice a week. I was seriously thinking about going back to washing it daily. Because, I also love the smell and look of freshly washed hair too! Even if I don't apply any oils or moisturizing products my hair and scalp still looks and feels gross after 4 or 5 days of not washing. I also get greasy roots and dry ends too.

April 11th, 2020, 02:54 AM
I wish I could but I can't wash daily :(. I love the fresh feeling, esp. in summer <3