View Full Version : Bat's Hairrowing Journey to Mid Thigh +

Bat
April 6th, 2020, 08:06 AM
closed topic, check sig for new one!

draysmir
April 6th, 2020, 08:16 AM
Good luck on your journey to mid thigh. :) I reckon you can get to waist length long before ten years from now, unless you cut back or trim a lot as you grow, or have a lot of shrinkage. Are you planning on taking any length shots as you progress?

Bat
April 6th, 2020, 08:32 AM
Good luck on your journey to mid thigh. :) I reckon you can get to waist length long before ten years from now, unless you cut back or trim a lot as you grow, or have a lot of shrinkage. Are you planning on taking any length shots as you progress?

I killed it with dye since I was 12 and I have a bad diet so slow growth, but I sure plan on taking photos I'm currently taking them every 3 months to keep me going, though I may just post when I reach a Milestone but we will see, your hair is giving me hair envy, I love it

Sarahlabyrinth
April 6th, 2020, 08:49 AM
I'm heading for ankle unless my hair decides it doesn't want to make it that long! :D In which case it'll stay more or less where it is, I guess.

Bat
April 6th, 2020, 08:57 AM
I'm heading for ankle unless my hair decides it doesn't want to make it that long! :D In which case it'll stay more or less where it is, I guess. I really hope it will get as long as you want! how many years did it take to get as long as it is?

SleepyTangles
April 6th, 2020, 08:58 AM
Hey there :waving:
Voting Tailbone to Classic, but actually anything between Waist and Classic is fine for me. Long road ahead, I´m at Shoulder ;) (reached on March 2020).

GoddesJourney
April 6th, 2020, 09:02 AM
I killed it with dye since I was 12 and I have a bad diet so slow growth, but I sure plan on taking photos I'm currently taking them every 3 months to keep me going, though I may just post when I reach a Milestone but we will see, your hair is giving me hair envy, I love it

You'd be surprised how much faster your follicles can run if you stop poisoning them. Bad diet is one thing, but the bleach and dye are probably not a long term factor, fortunately.

Also, if you've always had short hair (have you?) it appears to grow very quickly because you have such an easy reference to compare it to. It can feel like it is slowing down as it gets longer since half an inch at mid back is hardly noticeable. Half an inch when your hair is only half an inch looks like a lot.

Bat
April 6th, 2020, 09:11 AM
Hey there :waving:
Voting Tailbone to Classic, but actually anything between Waist and Classic is fine for me. Long road ahead, I´m at Shoulder ;) (reached on March 2020).

congrats on reaching shoulder! thats awesome

You'd be surprised how much faster your follicles can run if you stop poisoning them. Bad diet is one thing, but the bleach and dye are probably not a long term factor, fortunately.

Also, if you've always had short hair (have you?) it appears to grow very quickly because you have such an easy reference to compare it to. It can feel like it is slowing down as it gets longer since half an inch at mid back is hardly noticeable. Half an inch when your hair is only half an inch looks like a lot.

I've grown it to to my shoulders and slightly passed it once or twice but generally speaking my hair has always been short since I can't seem to leave it alone, I've stopped the bleach currently and I don't plan to use it against until my hair is past my shoulders or longer, if I decide to use it at all, and yeah I know when my hair gets longer I won't notice the extra inches, but I'm determined not to give up this time

AutobotsAttack
April 6th, 2020, 09:13 AM
I’m currently a couple of inches passed Classic length. I might stop at Mid-Thigh, but I say that now, and will probably change my mind later.

I too use chemicals, but regardless I just take the steps necessary to keep it as well maintained as I possibly can.

Bat
April 6th, 2020, 09:22 AM
I’m currently a couple of inches passed Classic length. I might stop at Mid-Thigh, but I say that now, and will probably change my mind later.

I too use chemicals, but regardless I just take the steps necessary to keep it as well maintained as I possibly can.

I don't know anything about hair care, I should really start learning so I can prepare as it grows, and it looks like you aren't far off from Mid thigh , what chemicals are you using?

AutobotsAttack
April 6th, 2020, 09:27 AM
I don't know anything about hair care, I should really start learning so I can prepare as it grows, and it looks like you aren't far off from Mid thigh , what chemicals are you using?

I use relaxers. Regular store bought Hydroxide based ones.

Bat
April 6th, 2020, 09:36 AM
I use relaxers. Regular store bought Hydroxide based ones.

I had to look up what those mean I really am a beginner with hair, are they known for causing damage?

Entangled
April 6th, 2020, 09:40 AM
I had to look up what those mean I really am a beginner with hair, are they known for causing damage?

Relaxing involves breaking some of the chemical bonds of hair in order to change the shape of the hair permanently. It’s the same process as a perm. The process does weaken hair, but how long hair gets also depends on the other care you give it (gentle handling, etc.)

Entangled
April 6th, 2020, 09:43 AM
Also, you may enjoy looking at the blog function for discussion purposes.

AutobotsAttack
April 6th, 2020, 09:46 AM

In the grand scheme of things yes. It’s mostly used by Afro Hair Textured Individuals (Think 4a-4c hair type), to take really coily and kinky hair texture to a looser and wavier type of texture. As Entangled has mentioned.

It’s extremely easy to misuse this type of product. Either at home, and even in a salon.

I’m not gonna say my hair is in absolute perfect condition, but I find it a personal choice to loosen my curl pattern out of manageability, and style.

Bat
April 6th, 2020, 09:48 AM
Also, you may enjoy looking at the blog function for discussion purposes.

oh thank you for the explanation and i should have a look at the blog, I'll probably learn something new there

Bat
April 6th, 2020, 09:50 AM
In the grand scheme of things yes. It’s mostly used by Afro Hair Textured Individuals (Think 4a-4c hair type), to take really coily and kinky hair texture to a looser and wavier type of texture. As Entangled has mentioned.

It’s extremely easy to misuse this type of product. Either at home, and even in a salon.

I’m not gonna say my hair is in absolute perfect condition, but I find it a personal choice to loosen my curl pattern out of manageability, and style.

about the same as bleach, I should be banned from ever using it I'm a menace! and no judgement here, whatever you prefer! I must say I prefer straight hair over any type but all curl patterns are wonderful

Bat
April 6th, 2020, 09:51 AM
time for bed, goodnight! it is almost 2am for me, have a great day or night, I'll be back to check the topic after I wake up ^_^

Sarahlabyrinth
April 6th, 2020, 11:18 AM
I really hope it will get as long as you want! how many years did it take to get as long as it is?

Well, when I joined here it was a little below my shoulders and that was 8 years ago, almost. :)

hennalonghair
April 6th, 2020, 12:38 PM
Good luck with your hair journey bat. I chose tailbone to classic. If I pull down my hair, it’s at tailbone but it’s curly so only looks about hip length. My growth journey often gets sabotaged due to my anal desire for thick blunt ends. It took a lot of getting used to taper. I don’t much like taper but it apparently comes with the territory. Lol. :p

Wusel
April 6th, 2020, 12:54 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)
My goal is something between waist and butt. Anything longer is something I won't be able to handle. Too time consuming and headache-inducing. My scalp can't handle too long hair. I get terrible headaches.

Ylva
April 6th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Happy growing, Bat!

I voted tailbone to classic. My final-FINAL goal is probably somewhere between classic and mid-thigh, but that's not an option. :D

rhosyn_du
April 6th, 2020, 04:19 PM
Good luck with your growing journey, Bat! Like others have said, you might find that your hair grows a lot faster than you expect now that you're not using bleach. The first time I grew my hair out, I'd been using bleach or permanent dyes for about 15 years, but once I stopped, I managed to go from chin to almost-knee in seven years. It was quite a shock!

I chose terminal in your poll, because that's my tentative goal, but if that ends up being longer than floor + the highest heels I can comfortably wear (which it might, since I had almost no taper at almost-knee before and my nana had to trim to keep hers at ankle-length when she was young), then I might decide to stop sooner. But I'm really curious to find out where my terminal length is, so that's the current goal.

Bat
April 6th, 2020, 07:01 PM
Well, when I joined here it was a little below my shoulders and that was 8 years ago, almost. :)

wow that is really nice growth :o

Good luck with your hair journey bat. I chose tailbone to classic. If I pull down my hair, it’s at tailbone but it’s curly so only looks about hip length. My growth journey often gets sabotaged due to my anal desire for thick blunt ends. It took a lot of getting used to taper. I don’t much like taper but it apparently comes with the territory. Lol. :p

I'm with you I'd like a more even hemline , but I guess sometimes you have to sacrifice something to get the length you want

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)
My goal is something between waist and butt. Anything longer is something I won't be able to handle. Too time consuming and headache-inducing. My scalp can't handle too long hair. I get terrible headaches.

I've never had hair longer than shoulder length I will probably have the same issue myself, whats the longest you've ever had it before the headaches kick in?

Happy growing, Bat!

I voted tailbone to classic. My final-FINAL goal is probably somewhere between classic and mid-thigh, but that's not an option. :D

is it because you are growing your bleach out first or some other reason?

Good luck with your growing journey, Bat! Like others have said, you might find that your hair grows a lot faster than you expect now that you're not using bleach. The first time I grew my hair out, I'd been using bleach or permanent dyes for about 15 years, but once I stopped, I managed to go from chin to almost-knee in seven years. It was quite a shock!

I chose terminal in your poll, because that's my tentative goal, but if that ends up being longer than floor + the highest heels I can comfortably wear (which it might, since I had almost no taper at almost-knee before and my nana had to trim to keep hers at ankle-length when she was young), then I might decide to stop sooner. But I'm really curious to find out where my terminal length is, so that's the current goal.

wow chin to knee in 7 years!, thats impressive *throws all bottles of dye away" \o.o/ I wonder when one knows where terminal length is, is their a certain time period of no hair growth to know you've reached it?

Ylva
April 7th, 2020, 12:57 AM
is it because you are growing your bleach out first or some other reason?

Because it wasn't included in the poll. :D

Bat
April 7th, 2020, 02:04 AM
Because it wasn't included in the poll. :D

oops! yeah it's between two options ,I was running out of poll slots haha

Ylva
April 7th, 2020, 02:08 AM
oops! yeah it's between two options ,I was running out of poll slots haha

Haha, I thought that might have been the case!

But yeah, I'm unsure about my very final goal. For now, I plan to maintain somewhere between TBL and FTL, cutting off nearly all of my growth twice a year, but after 2021, I'll see if my ends are in good enough condition to grow further. I'm also of the opinion that everyone should explore their terminal length at least once in their lifetime! :)

Bat
April 7th, 2020, 02:44 AM
Haha, I thought that might have been the case!

But yeah, I'm unsure about my very final goal. For now, I plan to maintain somewhere between TBL and FTL, cutting off nearly all of my growth twice a year, but after 2021, I'll see if my ends are in good enough condition to grow further. I'm also of the opinion that everyone should explore their terminal length at least once in their lifetime! :)

that sounds like a great plan, how long have you been growing the bleach out for?

Ylva
April 7th, 2020, 02:57 AM
that sounds like a great plan, how long have you been growing the bleach out for?

Just over a year now. :)

Bat
April 7th, 2020, 04:18 AM
Just over a year now. :)

oooh that's great!
I'm glad I'm deciding to to natural now while its short, less to cut out, I'd have given up by now if I had your hair

Ylva
April 7th, 2020, 04:47 AM
oooh that's great!
I'm glad I'm deciding to to natural now while its short, less to cut out, I'd have given up by now if I had your hair

It's all about the journey. A lot of my bleached hair is actually quite healthy so that makes it easier. I have only about 10 cm of crappy hair left. I am actually a bit worried about cutting it all off because I always want to have an ongoing self-improvement project. I don't know what I'll do with my hair once all the bleach is gone!

Bat
April 7th, 2020, 04:56 AM
It's all about the journey. A lot of my bleached hair is actually quite healthy so that makes it easier. I have only about 10 cm of crappy hair left. I am actually a bit worried about cutting it all off because I always want to have an ongoing self-improvement project. I don't know what I'll do with my hair once all the bleach is gone!

true! it makes it more satisfying when you succeed, the 'now what?' stage would be a killer, but I'm sure by that stage another project will come along

Bri-Chan
April 7th, 2020, 08:07 AM
Happy growth, Bat!
I voted Tailbone to Classic. My final goal would be Classic, but I'am afraid to find it too uncomfortable! Some friends of mine cut it back to Tailbone or Hip after reaching Classic... So my true goal is "as long as it is not too hard to manage" :)

NicoleLionne
April 7th, 2020, 08:37 AM
Excited to read more about your journey Bat!

I have joined LHC in february and I have learned so much about hair care already. We'll be joining the same challenges this year :). I have dyed my hair all shades from light blonde to dark dark brown until I settled on my current copper colour. So I haven't seen my natural colour since I was 11....
I cut my hair from BSL to a short bob about a year ago. Partly because I was growing out my bangs and I wanted to get it all at an even length. But also because my hair was so damaged. I hope that I'll be able to reach waist if I stop colouring (or at least use henna instead of chemical dyes) and start taking better care of it.

Right now it is just below my shoulders, so I have a long way to go as well! :D

lapushka
April 7th, 2020, 09:20 AM

Make more effort to finish that product stash. ;) :p No, I have to hold myself to that kind of thing because I have *way* too much stuff, but girl you got some "schtuff" too. ;) I think it will feel great to use most of it up on the bleach, and then see what your "new" hair likes. :D :cheer: It's a fun journey.

Bat, that you haven't gotten into product junkie mode yet. ;) :p :lol:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 7th, 2020, 09:37 AM
Don't encourage him, Lapushka! :p

Ylva
April 7th, 2020, 10:10 AM
Make more effort to finish that product stash. ;) :p No, I have to hold myself to that kind of thing because I have *way* too much stuff, but girl you got some "schtuff" too. ;) I think it will feel great to use most of it up on the bleach, and then see what your "new" hair likes. :D :cheer: It's a fun journey.

Oh yes, for sure, I need the help of my bleached hair to even make a dent in that stash! I'm using up the heaviest and most conditioning stuff now and gradually moving over to lighter things. There's plenty of work to do yet! :D

Maybe once I have fully virgin hair I will FINALLY get into learning different hairstyles. Right now, I don't really feel inspired about that as it's a bit of a bother to work with such tangly hair.

I agree with Sarah, do not encourage him. :lol:

Dark40
April 7th, 2020, 10:30 AM
I'm planning on stopping at Mid-Thigh Length but who knows I might change my mind as time goes on. I also use chemicals on my hair too but I try to do my best in maintaining it.

desisparkles
April 7th, 2020, 12:27 PM
I put classic but I think finger tip probably. I’ve never grown past hip due to a need for change and I haven’t been dye free since age 15 but going on over 2 years without dye or heat now and super pleased with the shine and health of my hair. I’m also planning on not trimming until 2022. if I see splits I will take care of them but no trimming since Oct and ends are still fresh.

Good luck to us all!

lapushka
April 7th, 2020, 03:31 PM
Don't encourage him, Lapushka! :p

Oh yes, for sure, I need the help of my bleached hair to even make a dent in that stash! I'm using up the heaviest and most conditioning stuff now and gradually moving over to lighter things. There's plenty of work to do yet! :D

Maybe once I have fully virgin hair I will FINALLY get into learning different hairstyles. Right now, I don't really feel inspired about that as it's a bit of a bother to work with such tangly hair.

I agree with Sarah, do not encourage him. :lol:

Ah well, it could already be too late. ;) :p :lol: Hehehe. Me and my evil ways. :p No, just kidding. :)

Jas
April 7th, 2020, 04:07 PM
Hi Luc! Always good to concentrate on next short term goal, I find it fun to find mini milestones (and there's a thread for it!) - it'll break up the wait!

I put mid thigh to calf but mainly because I want to keep a nice hemline and I worry I won't have that closer to floor. I'll be watching your progress :D

Don't forget to get some good back of head pictures to look back on and compare!

Bat
April 7th, 2020, 06:20 PM
Happy growth, Bat!
I voted Tailbone to Classic. My final goal would be Classic, but I'am afraid to find it too uncomfortable! Some friends of mine cut it back to Tailbone or Hip after reaching Classic... So my true goal is "as long as it is not too hard to manage"

I think that is a very good goal, no point having long hair if you can't keep it in good condition

Excited to read more about your journey Bat!

I have joined LHC in february and I have learned so much about hair care already. We'll be joining the same challenges this year :). I have dyed my hair all shades from light blonde to dark dark brown until I settled on my current copper colour. So I haven't seen my natural colour since I was 11....
I cut my hair from BSL to a short bob about a year ago. Partly because I was growing out my bangs and I wanted to get it all at an even length. But also because my hair was so damaged. I hope that I'll be able to reach waist if I stop colouring (or at least use henna instead of chemical dyes) and start taking better care of it.

Right now it is just below my shoulders, so I have a long way to go as well! :D

I've died mine all the colors you can think of, cut it in weird styles, you name it. it is going to be really hard not to dye it, and I'm also trying to even up the side that was bleach snapped which is my main goal this year

Give it Time! I am known for spending lots of money of stuff I didn't really need

I'm planning on stopping at Mid-Thigh Length but who knows I might change my mind as time goes on. I also use chemicals on my hair too but I try to do my best in maintaining it.
if its used carefully it will be alright, its people like me who misuse them that have the disastrous results

Bat
April 7th, 2020, 06:21 PM
I put classic but I think finger tip probably. I’ve never grown past hip due to a need for change and I haven’t been dye free since age 15 but going on over 2 years without dye or heat now and super pleased with the shine and health of my hair. I’m also planning on not trimming until 2022. if I see splits I will take care of them but no trimming since Oct and ends are still fresh.

Good luck to us all!

thats still very good, 2 years! I can't even go longer than 2-3 months without dying

Hi Luc! Always good to concentrate on next short term goal, I find it fun to find mini milestones (and there's a thread for it!) - it'll break up the wait!

I put mid thigh to calf but mainly because I want to keep a nice hemline and I worry I won't have that closer to floor. I'll be watching your progress :D

Don't forget to get some good back of head pictures to look back on and compare!

I'll have to do that, so far I've been taking shots from the front, but i'll be switching that up as I go along, I'm currently aiming for chin length I've maybe 3 inches on the long side but more like 6-8 on the short side

Bellalla
April 7th, 2020, 08:19 PM
Could you try a deposit only dye? If you like black, then it wouldn't hurt your hair. Back in my goth days that's what I did and it made my hair so nice and shiny.

lapushka
April 8th, 2020, 03:49 AM
Give it Time! I am known for spending lots of money of stuff I didn't really need

Well yeah... that about sums it up! :spitting: :lol:
That had me LOL so much!

Because in the end it's about saving coin (in the long run) by buying things on sale (until the next sale). At least that's how I go about it. :D

Bat
April 8th, 2020, 04:17 AM
Could you try a deposit only dye? If you like black, then it wouldn't hurt your hair. Back in my goth days that's what I did and it made my hair so nice and shiny.

I will never leave My Goth stage!, and I haven't heard of a deposit dye, I have to have a look at that :o

Well yeah... that about sums it up! :spitting: :lol:
That had me LOL so much!

Because in the end it's about saving coin (in the long run) by buying things on sale (until the next sale). At least that's how I go about it. :D

I got some clarifying stuff, then I had to get matching conditioner, then there was this serum stuff, I didn't check the ingredients silly me, hopefully it won't kill my hair, ah well, more things to do for Use it up :D

Bellalla
April 8th, 2020, 06:20 AM
I will never leave My Goth stage!, and I haven't heard of a deposit dye, I have to have a look at that :o

I still wear all black all the time, but I wear almost exclusively athletic clothing now with supportive running shoes with orthotics inserts. Being in healthcare kind of beats the esthetic out of you, lol.

Definitely look into deposit only, demi or semi-permanent dyes. It's the peroxide that's damaging your hair and you don't really need it (or much of it) to get black.

So there's no need for you to suffer with growing out roots that you don't like unless you are trying to get back to your natural colour, or trying to go lighter.

If in the end you want to stay black, then there are plenty of ways to get it without significant damage.

Bat
April 8th, 2020, 07:46 AM
I still wear all black all the time, but I wear almost exclusively athletic clothing now with supportive running shoes with orthotics inserts. Being in healthcare kind of beats the esthetic out of you, lol.

Definitely look into deposit only, demi or semi-permanent dyes. It's the peroxide that's damaging your hair and you don't really need it (or much of it) to get black.

So there's no need for you to suffer with growing out roots that you don't like unless you are trying to get back to your natural colour, or trying to go lighter.

If in the end you want to stay black, then there are plenty of ways to get it without significant damage.

Nothing wrong with that. Can always be goth at heart! I don't go all out often either with being outwardly goth, too hot most of the time.
And I'll have to consider that if I can't handle how my natural hair looks,part of me is curious to see if it's changed over the years but the need for black is strong

eresh
April 8th, 2020, 07:56 AM
Hey fellow Gothy!
(goth granny here)

I used to dye my hair a lot too (chemical dye), then switched to dyed streaks (semi permanent natural dye like La Riche Directions)
Now I don't dye it at all. Going to embrace the grey ;)

I voted go for terminal!
Oh and find out which products your hair loves.
Then stick with those ones. Less is more ;)

Simpscone
April 8th, 2020, 09:36 AM
Happy growing to you!

I voted Midback to Hip, my main goal is waist length but then I might just keep going until classic - my hair is super thick so it depends how manageable I find it at that length. I personally don't want to grow past a length that allows me to wear my hair down.

I've dyed my hair every colour too (other than black, actually!) so growing out my natural is something I was never sure I would do. Focusing on wanting length over bright colours really helps though. And I've got a bleached streak in the front to keep myself occupied :lol:

Bat
April 8th, 2020, 02:03 PM
Hey fellow Gothy!
(goth granny here)

I used to dye my hair a lot too (chemical dye), then switched to dyed streaks (semi permanent natural dye like La Riche Directions)
Now I don't dye it at all. Going to embrace the grey ;)

I voted go for terminal!
Oh and find out which products your hair loves.
Then stick with those ones. Less is more ;)

ayyye hi other gothy! I'm hoping my greys will give my brown hair some personality as it grows but we will see, there is this herbal black dye I want to try but that won't be for a while https://www.avogel.ca/en/hair-care/herbatint-n.php I'd probably have to add a blue to it to get the blue black I like. I'm getting more and more interested in trying to get to terminal length but baby steps first! I get carried away

Happy growing to you!

I voted Midback to Hip, my main goal is waist length but then I might just keep going until classic - my hair is super thick so it depends how manageable I find it at that length. I personally don't want to grow past a length that allows me to wear my hair down.

I've dyed my hair every colour too (other than black, actually!) so growing out my natural is something I was never sure I would do. Focusing on wanting length over bright colours really helps though. And I've got a bleached streak in the front to keep myself occupied :lol:

yeah I've kinda find it confusing why grow it so long if you are just going to hide it by putting it up, though I have to admit when I had almost armpit length hair I'd put it in a ponytail all the time, also I love your hair those ringlets are amazing!

elise.autumn
April 8th, 2020, 04:42 PM
Welcome! Your hair may grow faster than you think. By the end of the year, I will have grown from bra-strap-length-ish to fingertip in 4 years (0 cuts, all virgin hair, I'm 5'10".) I do hear that not dying is recommended for health and growth. Especially when you have so much hair, it's nice when it is good quality through gentle care. :)

And sorry if someone's posted this already (I haven't read this whole thread) - here's a nice thread for tracking progress.

2020 Monthly Length Photo Project:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=151210

Bat
April 9th, 2020, 03:07 AM
Welcome! Your hair may grow faster than you think. By the end of the year, I will have grown from bra-strap-length-ish to fingertip in 4 years (0 cuts, all virgin hair, I'm 5'10".) I do hear that not dying is recommended for health and growth. Especially when you have so much hair, it's nice when it is good quality through gentle care. :)

And sorry if someone's posted this already (I haven't read this whole thread) - here's a nice thread for tracking progress.

2020 Monthly Length Photo Project:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=151210

thank you for the welcome, and yes I have decided that I won't touch dye until all hair is virgin, I got a color remover and i had much hair fall; and flipped out, washed it out in 15 minutes, that put the nail in the coffin of my hair dying addiction, thanks for the topic link I'll go have a look!~

Ylva
April 9th, 2020, 03:27 AM
thank you for the welcome, and yes I have decided that I won't touch dye until all hair is virgin, I got a color remover and i had much hair fall; and flipped out, washed it out in 15 minutes, that put the nail in the coffin of my hair dying addiction, thanks for the topic link I'll go have a look!~

Maybe by the time it's time to dye it, you'll be too fond of how soft and healthy your virgin hair feels that you'll decide against it! :D

Bat
April 9th, 2020, 03:56 AM
Maybe by the time it's time to dye it, you'll be too fond of how soft and healthy your virgin hair feels that you'll decide against it! :D

one hopes but I find brown hair boring so I'll probably dye it again with organic stuff instead, but that won't be in the near future, how are you btw?

Ylva
April 9th, 2020, 04:30 AM
one hopes but I find brown hair boring so I'll probably dye it again with organic stuff instead, but that won't be in the near future, how are you btw?

That's a good option, too! Do give your natural colour a chance, though. Natural tones are so multidimensional and unique compared to artificial ones!

I am just fine, thank you! Finally get some time to relax over the weekend. How are you?

eresh
April 9th, 2020, 09:13 AM
Ah yes blue-black is such a great colour!!
My then boyfriend (now husband) always used that colour when he still had his long hair.
He used the one from L'Oréal Recital Preference nr 21 (I don't think that exists anymore, it is now called Colorista)

Are you looking for ammonia-free hairdye?
Maybe this one is good (never tried it myself)
L'Oreal INOA
https://i.imgur.com/qT6sqH4l.jpg

Or embrace they grey (streaks) like Tilo Wolff from Lacrimosa ;)
https://i.imgur.com/G912wR0.jpg

Tinyponies
April 9th, 2020, 10:15 AM
My then boyfriend (now husband) always used that colour when he still had his long hair.
He used the one from L'Oréal Recital Preference nr 21 (I don't think that exists anymore, it is now called Colorista)

L'Oreal INOA
https://i.imgur.com/qT6sqH4l.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/G912wR0.jpg
:nodding:
Or Carl McCoy!
https://i.imgur.com/A12U4iG.jpg

Bri-Chan
April 9th, 2020, 10:39 AM
Oh, I love black hair. I had a lot of colors on my head (blue, violet, green, dark auburn, pastel blue, blond ...) but, as a goth-ish girl, black was always my safe color, the one with I felt more comfortable and the one I feel fits better my style. So I thought for years before deciding to grow my virgin hair back. I haven't seen me with my hair color for 10 years now, and initially I was just curious. Then, I changed my mind and now my goal is to have some "elvish" hair! And my natural color actually suits better that kind of style instead of black ;)
And then came the new goal: to have healthy hair after 10 years.

eresh
April 9th, 2020, 02:26 PM
Yes Carl too :D

Bat
April 9th, 2020, 10:43 PM
That's a good option, too! Do give your natural colour a chance, though. Natural tones are so multidimensional and unique compared to artificial ones!

I am just fine, thank you! Finally get some time to relax over the weekend. How are you?

I'm great sorry for the delayed reply, I laid down and I was deader than a corpse, and yay for relaxing, I am curious to see how it looks now without dye, but it is unlikely it will be permanent

L'Oreal INOA

**drools over photos** I mean, I was tempted to shave half my head off and grow my hair like his, cause it's awesome https://i.pinimg.com/736x/74/c4/ab/74c4ab915534510e36bf38ab6f0691b0--wolf-gothic.jpg and I'd proberbly just try a deposit one that washes out but I'll grow all my natural hair first but i'll go have a look for that dye.

Oh, I love black hair. I had a lot of colors on my head (blue, violet, green, dark auburn, pastel blue, blond ...) but, as a goth-ish girl, black was always my safe color, the one with I felt more comfortable and the one I feel fits better my style. So I thought for years before deciding to grow my virgin hair back. I haven't seen me with my hair color for 10 years now, and initially I was just curious. Then, I changed my mind and now my goal is to have some "elvish" hair! And my natural color actually suits better that kind of style instead of black ;)
And then came the new goal: to have healthy hair after 10 years.

blue black or black and red was always my go to, but I've been all the colors too, but now it needs a break, I'm getting a bit of hair fall since starting this medication so I don't need chemicals making it worse D:

:nodding:
Or Carl McCoy!

**more drooling ensures** men with long hair are so :o

Bat
April 9th, 2020, 10:59 PM
I read some reviews and it seems that L'Oreal INOA can cause hair loss, so I think I won't get it, just in case it is a fact, I need to look up reviews on herbatint now, to see if it's better for when I do decided to continue dying

eresh
April 10th, 2020, 09:23 AM
**drools over photos** I mean, I was tempted to shave half my head off and grow my hair like his, cause it's awesome https://i.pinimg.com/736x/74/c4/ab/74c4ab915534510e36bf38ab6f0691b0--wolf-gothic.jpg and I'd proberbly just try a deposit one that washes out but I'll grow all my natural hair first but i'll go have a look for that dye.

That's my husbands haircut for years :-)
Sometimes like in that photo, sometimes the lang hair fluffed up on top of his head like a birds nest LOL
Sometimes I frenchbraided it.
But always sides shaved.

Now he has a full shaved head, mandatory for his line of work.
Too bad!!

Bri-Chan
April 10th, 2020, 01:03 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/74/c4/ab/74c4ab915534510e36bf38ab6f0691b0--wolf-gothic.jpg

This was my haircut for about 2 years! Now it's about 2 years and half that I don't shave, but when I see that section, about armpit now, I'm always tempted!

Bat
April 10th, 2020, 05:07 PM
That's my husbands haircut for years :-)
Sometimes like in that photo, sometimes the lang hair fluffed up on top of his head like a birds nest LOL
Sometimes I frenchbraided it.
But always sides shaved.

Now he has a full shaved head, mandatory for his line of work.
Too bad!!

I think i'd cry like a baby if I had to shave off my hair for work

This was my haircut for about 2 years! Now it's about 2 years and half that I don't shave, but when I see that section, about armpit now, I'm always tempted!

I'm thinking I may do this when my hair is BSL or long enough that I can flip it over the bald side if I'm not feeling up for it

rhosyn_du
April 10th, 2020, 05:51 PM
It doesn't last long on virgin hair (at least not mine), but I love Arctic Fox for a deposit-only dye. When I use it, I do a half-and-half mix of Transylvania and Purple Rain, and it comes out a lovely purple-tinged black that glows purple in direct sunlight.

One thing to be careful of if you do decide to shave one side is that if you don't keep it shaved close really regularly, the shaved side acts like velcro and grabs onto the longer strands. Or at least that's what my hair did. It was not fun.

Bat
April 10th, 2020, 05:59 PM
It doesn't last long on virgin hair (at least not mine), but I love Arctic Fox for a deposit-only dye. When I use it, I do a half-and-half mix of Transylvania and Purple Rain, and it comes out a lovely purple-tinged black that glows purple in direct sunlight.

One thing to be careful of if you do decide to shave one side is that if you don't keep it shaved close really regularly, the shaved side acts like velcro and grabs onto the longer strands. Or at least that's what my hair did. It was not fun.

that is definitely something to keep in mind, that sounds awful, D: most temp dies don't last long on my hair either but I can always try at a later date

Bat
April 11th, 2020, 02:25 PM
my hair feels so nice since doing a conditioning treatment I need to do these more often

Bat
April 18th, 2020, 06:11 AM
bought a clarifying shampoo thinking it would help with my dandruff but now I'm flaking more, so either its making it worse or actually clearing my existing dandruff, gets worse before it gets better I suppose, will keep with it just in case, I also got the Long Lengths mask sure my hairs short but it can't hurt! I'm considering getting that banana mask thing I've seen some people talking about, then I really need to start using the things I have or I'll have a mountain of unused products. and i was going to bleach my hair to get it red, but decided I'll just get a red dye for my roots instead, then grow it out, will probably look nasty but I'll try it!~

Bri-Chan
April 18th, 2020, 06:51 AM
I often have dandruff, but with clarifying shampoo I see it get worse! Also with every shampoo that is not nourishing. With some shampoos it happens after a wash, with other with few washes but it always happens.
I really enjoy very nourishing and thick shampoos. Did you try something like this before?

Bellalla
April 18th, 2020, 08:14 AM
I have brutal scalp problems when I shampoo with anything. I've switched to coconut oil and CO and so far my scalp is responding really well.

Just keep trying different things and see what your skin wants.

Bat
April 18th, 2020, 09:35 AM
I often have dandruff, but with clarifying shampoo I see it get worse! Also with every shampoo that is not nourishing. With some shampoos it happens after a wash, with other with few washes but it always happens.
I really enjoy very nourishing and thick shampoos. Did you try something like this before?

no it's the first time I've ever used a clarifying shampoo before I'll use it up and just wont touch it again just so I'm not wasting it

I have brutal scalp problems when I shampoo with anything. I've switched to coconut oil and CO and so far my scalp is responding really well.

Just keep trying different things and see what your skin wants.

I might have to try that too, see how it goes, I've never came across a shampoo or conditioner that my hair/scalp likes for long,

Kalamazoo
April 18th, 2020, 09:58 AM
bought a clarifying shampoo thinking it would help with my dandruff but now I'm flaking more, so either its making it worse or actually clearing my existing dandruff, gets worse before it gets better I suppose, will keep with it just in case, I also got the Long Lengths mask sure my hairs short but it can't hurt! I'm considering getting that banana mask thing I've seen some people talking about, then I really need to start using the things I have or I'll have a mountain of unused products. and i was going to bleach my hair to get it red, but decided I'll just get a red dye for my roots instead, then grow it out, will probably look nasty but I'll try it!~

I realize that there's a thread here about "Use up your stash", but I never joined it, because if a product doesn't work for my hair, I throw it away. Yes, some items can be repurposed, like shampoo can be used for laundry detergent, but when I decided I disliked the orange color henna gave my hair, how are you going to use that? Trash bin ... [Cookie Monster happy. YUM! :taz: ]

ETA: I also tossed out a shampoo that cleaned my hair so thoroughly that it tangled just horribly. Maybe I should've followed it with a drop of the conditioner that weighted my hair down WAY too much? But I was afraid to put that shampoo on my head ever again. :rip:

Bellalla
April 18th, 2020, 11:35 AM
no it's the first time I've ever used a clarifying shampoo before I'll use it up and just wont touch it again just so I'm not wasting it

I might have to try that too, see how it goes, I've never came across a shampoo or conditioner that my hair/scalp likes for long,

I have super dry skin that gets oily in response to being too dry. I know, that sounds a bit like an oxymoron, but that's what it is. So the only way to keep my skin from freaking the hell out is to expose it to as little detergent as possible, which makes it both less dry and less oily at the same time.

Ylva
April 18th, 2020, 12:03 PM
Shampoo can also be repurposed as hand soap or body wash, if that works.

Products can also be given away to friends or even random people that want them. I've done that. I just hate seeing perfectly usable stuff get thrown away.

Bat
April 18th, 2020, 07:54 PM
I realize that there's a thread here about "Use up your stash", but I never joined it, because if a product doesn't work for my hair, I throw it away. Yes, some items can be repurposed, like shampoo can be used for laundry detergent, but when I decided I disliked the orange color henna gave my hair, how are you going to use that? Trash bin ... [Cookie Monster happy. YUM! :taz: ]

ETA: I also tossed out a shampoo that cleaned my hair so thoroughly that it tangled just horribly. Maybe I should've followed it with a drop of the conditioner that weighted my hair down WAY too much? But I was afraid to put that shampoo on my head ever again. :rip:

Yep I'm doing the use it up thingies too mine won't get far lol my hair is too short to use much product

I have super dry skin that gets oily in response to being too dry. I know, that sounds a bit like an oxymoron, but that's what it is. So the only way to keep my skin from freaking the hell out is to expose it to as little detergent as possible, which makes it both less dry and less oily at the same time.
I'm considering doing CO for a while, but I change my mind every 5 minutes lol

Products can also be given away to friends or even random people that want them. I've done that. I just hate seeing perfectly usable stuff get thrown away.

I don't really want to throw things away either I never thought of using shampoo as hand soap! That could be something to do to the stuff my hair dispises

CoriKali
April 18th, 2020, 08:00 PM

Mmm. Hopefully my neighbors will be interested in these two value size herbal essence bottles I bought while in a financial bind and needed -some- sort of shampoo. I find that that brand really strips my hair. :(

Bat
April 20th, 2020, 06:08 AM
hopefully you find someone to take them off your hands

Bat
June 13th, 2020, 01:20 AM
reached chin length barely. but hey progress! next goal is neck length 18 inches

SleepyTangles
June 13th, 2020, 02:13 AM
reached chin length barely. but hey progress! next goal is neck length 18 inches

Woo-hoooo, congrats! :cheer:
It's going to get better and better Bat, hang on!

Bri-Chan
June 13th, 2020, 02:29 AM

Congratulations!

Bat
June 13th, 2020, 09:06 AM
Woo-hoooo, congrats! :cheer:
It's going to get better and better Bat, hang on!

Thank youuuu! I'm ready! :D

Bat
June 13th, 2020, 09:06 AM
Congratulations! thank you!

Jane99
June 13th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Congrats!! And best wishes in your hair growing!
I’m also finding it super interesting learning to take care of my hair. Even without bleach one can still neglect their hair to the point of terminal breakage lol. But between henna, not using high heat to blow dry, and regularly oiling my ends, I’m gaining length again without the breakage I used to, and that’s with getting highlights and using box dye (7 months ago on virgin hair) good luck! I’m aiming for tailbone-ish length. We’ll see if I get there.

oldrocker
June 13th, 2020, 06:07 PM
Hi Bat,

In a daring display of over-confidence, or maybe just old age, I voted terminal.

In my previous long hair life, when I did the super-mullet(I know you know what I talk about...lol), it pretty much bottomed out a few inches above waist. However, with probably only 30-40 % of all the hairs allowed to grow, I might have been more likely to have it trimmed to avoid fairy tale ends. However at my advanced age(cough cough), I am trying to pretend, that terminal length may be shorter now than it was then, but since I am growing out everything, maybe they cancel each other. Anyway, I picked terminal length as I would like to get back to that length again, but with a full attempt. As an older grey haired guy, and not 100% immune to the thoughts of others, not sure what past hip length grey hair on a guy might look like or be a target for external neanderthals....

good luck again on your growth journey.

O.R.

Bat
June 13th, 2020, 06:37 PM
Congrats!! And best wishes in your hair growing!
I’m also finding it super interesting learning to take care of my hair. Even without bleach one can still neglect their hair to the point of terminal breakage lol. But between henna, not using high heat to blow dry, and regularly oiling my ends, I’m gaining length again without the breakage I used to, and that’s with getting highlights and using box dye (7 months ago on virgin hair) good luck! I’m aiming for tailbone-ish length. We’ll see if I get there.
I'm currently buying any hair product that's half price to see what my hair likes and dislikes now I have a few things for the use it up challenge here

Hi Bat,

In a daring display of over-confidence, or maybe just old age, I voted terminal.

In my previous long hair life, when I did the super-mullet(I know you know what I talk about...lol), it pretty much bottomed out a few inches above waist. However, with probably only 30-40 % of all the hairs allowed to grow, I might have been more likely to have it trimmed to avoid fairy tale ends. However at my advanced age(cough cough), I am trying to pretend, that terminal length may be shorter now than it was then, but since I am growing out everything, maybe they cancel each other. Anyway, I picked terminal length as I would like to get back to that length again, but with a full attempt. As an older grey haired guy, and not 100% immune to the thoughts of others, not sure what past hip length grey hair on a guy might look like or be a target for external neanderthals....

good luck again on your growth journey.

O.R.
Go for it!!! I think it will look great your hair is the perfect silver there is a man at my work he is late 40s but dyes his hair black and he has hip length hair, I haven't seen any customer take much notice. I hope no one convinces you to chop it off. If by some miracle I make it to mid thigh without any headaches I'll try for terminal mainly cause my goth soul loves the word haha

Dark40
June 13th, 2020, 09:23 PM
Hi there! :waving:
I'm a couple of inches from hip length. My journey is also to make to mid thigh length someday too. I really think that's where my terminal length is. I'm not sure or don't know where it is. At first, I was shooting for ankle length but wasn't sure if my hair or genes would let it grow that long.

Bat
June 14th, 2020, 10:27 AM
Hi there! :waving:
I'm a couple of inches from hip length. My journey is also to make to mid thigh length someday too. I really think that's where my terminal length is. I'm not sure or don't know where it is. At first, I was shooting for ankle length but wasn't sure if my hair or genes would let it grow that long.

Heeey! Fellow MTL grower! I hope you'll get to your goal, you never know, your term length could be longer than you think. if I make it to mid thigh I might try and grow to terminal as well but baby steps , I feel like I'm never getting past chin but I know I will I've had it atleast APL before but no longer than that

Dark40
June 14th, 2020, 09:22 PM
Heeey! Fellow MTL grower! I hope you'll get to your goal, you never know, your term length could be longer than you think. if I make it to mid thigh I might try and grow to terminal as well but baby steps , I feel like I'm never getting past chin but I know I will I've had it atleast APL before but no longer than that

Hiiiiiiii! Yes, I also hope that I reach my goal of MTL someday too! Yes, you are very right that my term length could be longer than I think, and after all of these years I've been in the world I've never known what my term length is. I also feel that if I can handle it at mid thigh I might also grow to terminal length as well. You are very right about taking those baby steps. Well, at least you've gotten it to APL before. I'm sure if you take good care of your hair over a period of time you will reach your goal of mid thigh length in no time! And, don't get scissor-happy. :)

Bat
June 15th, 2020, 08:08 PM
Hiiiiiiii! Yes, I also hope that I reach my goal of MTL someday too! Yes, you are very right that my term length could be longer than I think, and after all of these years I've been in the world I've never known what my term length is. I also feel that if I can handle it at mid thigh I might also grow to terminal length as well. You are very right about taking those baby steps. Well, at least you've gotten it to APL before. I'm sure if you take good care of your hair over a period of time you will reach your goal of mid thigh length in no time! And, don't get scissor-happy. :)

You can do it! I have the faith, and yeah I'll be doing the no trim challenge in July so hopefully that keeps the weapon of mass destruction away!

Dark40
June 16th, 2020, 04:23 PM
I think that is a very good goal, no point having long hair if you can't keep it in good condition

I've died mine all the colors you can think of, cut it in weird styles, you name it. it is going to be really hard not to dye it, and I'm also trying to even up the side that was bleach snapped which is my main goal this year

if its used carefully it will be alright, its people like me who misuse them that have the disastrous results

Yes, you are sooooo very right. It they are used carefully then everything will be alright. I'm glad I only use a hair relaxer and hair color, and that is not too often. I ionly relax my hair twice a year, and I color once every 2 or 3 months. I really hate seeing my brown roots and having red or blonde hair. I have a friend that was a member of my old church that had bright red ankle length hair, and this was back in the early 1980s! At first, when she was a child her hair's natural hair color was brown, and then as she got into her teens/ high school years and college she had it dyed a bright red color. It was the most gorgeous bright red ankle length I had seen as a child in the whole world!

Dark40
June 16th, 2020, 04:26 PM
You can do it! I have the faith, and yeah I'll be doing the no trim challenge in July so hopefully that keeps the weapon of mass destruction away!

Awwww, thank you so much for your encouragement! Yes, I believe that I can do it too! Yes, I'm also on the no trim challenge as well for the whole year. Yes, that does keep the weapon of mass destruction away!

Bat
June 16th, 2020, 10:09 PM
Awwww, thank you so much for your encouragement! Yes, I believe that I can do it too! Yes, I'm also on the no trim challenge as well for the whole year. Yes, that does keep the weapon of mass destruction away!
Anytime! Have you noticed much growth so far doing no trims?

Dark40
June 17th, 2020, 10:34 AM
Anytime! Have you noticed much growth so far doing no trims?

Yes, I have! I've noticed that ever since I've been a member here at LHC in 2010 that's when I joined the no trimming challenge I've been able to reach WL in 8 years! I know that sounds like it took me a long time to reach WL but my hair growth rate is 1cm or an inch per month. I guess that comes from my genes with my hair growing at that rate. I've stopped believing that trimming your ends helps your hair to grow faster many years ago. That's a myth. Since I relax my hair every 6 months I always notice a good 3 inches of new growth! I remember during my childhood when my mom would take care of my hair and trim every time after I get my relaxer she would call herself trimming off 2cm every 2 months! She was also calling herself evening up my ends too, and every time I looked at my ends they did not look uneven or split to me. I honestly think she was just clipping on my hair or was scissor-happy so that my hair didn't grow a certain length.

Bat
June 18th, 2020, 07:12 AM
Yes, I have! I've noticed that ever since I've been a member here at LHC in 2010 that's when I joined the no trimming challenge I've been able to reach WL in 8 years! I know that sounds like it took me a long time to reach WL but my hair growth rate is 1cm or an inch per month. I guess that comes from my genes with my hair growing at that rate. I've stopped believing that trimming your ends helps your hair to grow faster many years ago. That's a myth. Since I relax my hair every 6 months I always notice a good 3 inches of new growth! I remember during my childhood when my mom would take care of my hair and trim every time after I get my relaxer she would call herself trimming off 2cm every 2 months! She was also calling herself evening up my ends too, and every time I looked at my ends they did not look uneven or split to me. I honestly think she was just clipping on my hair or was scissor-happy so that my hair didn't grow a certain length.

that isn't nice of her if that was her intention, it is your hair, do what you want with it, my hair isn't that fast either, I have a pretty bad diet, I take Qsilica liquid, it's a oral supplement put a bit in a glass of water or juice a day and you are good to go, it's helped me grow new hairs, dying all the time was making my hair pretty thin. I hate my natural color but I stay away from dyes til the end of this year atleast

Dark40
June 23rd, 2020, 09:34 PM
that isn't nice of her if that was her intention, it is your hair, do what you want with it, my hair isn't that fast either, I have a pretty bad diet, I take Qsilica liquid, it's a oral supplement put a bit in a glass of water or juice a day and you are good to go, it's helped me grow new hairs, dying all the time was making my hair pretty thin. I hate my natural color but I stay away from dyes til the end of this year atleast

Yes, I agree. That wasn't nice of her at all. I really think that was her intention to keep it from growing any longer. Because, she wanted at a length that she likes instead of what I wanted or like. You're very right. Even as a little kid it's my hair. I should be able to wear it however long and way that I want to. Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear that you have a pretty bad diet. I used to have a bad diet too. Until I got on a strict diet but loaded with protein. I've never heard of Osilica liquid. I will have to check it out, and see if I can take it with my meds or not. Yes, I've learned that dyes can thin your hair out. I've also learned that about bleaching it as well. I don't hate my natural hair color. I just get bored with, and at times I want to lighten it up a bit. That's great that you've stayed away from dyes until the end of this year! Last year I stayed away from dyes for whole year up until this passed February, and then I went right back into dyeing my hair again. I'm not ready to show any of my gray hairs yet.

Bat
June 24th, 2020, 07:37 AM
Yes, I agree. That wasn't nice of her at all. I really think that was her intention to keep it from growing any longer. Because, she wanted at a length that she likes instead of what I wanted or like. You're very right. Even as a little kid it's my hair. I should be able to wear it however long and way that I want to. Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear that you have a pretty bad diet. I used to have a bad diet too. Until I got on a strict diet but loaded with protein. I've never heard of Osilica liquid. I will have to check it out, and see if I can take it with my meds or not. Yes, I've learned that dyes can thin your hair out. I've also learned that about bleaching it as well. I don't hate my natural hair color. I just get bored with, and at times I want to lighten it up a bit. That's great that you've stayed away from dyes until the end of this year! Last year I stayed away from dyes for whole year up until this passed February, and then I went right back into dyeing my hair again. I'm not ready to show any of my gray hairs yet.

I went to the salon today and now I have a Side shave and red hair in time for the no trim challenge, hopefully I am allowed to maintain the shaved part and not be 'disqualified'

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/719128603232567348/725342211452960799/jun_24th_2020.png

Dark40
June 26th, 2020, 12:55 PM
I went to the salon today and now I have a Side shave and red hair in time for the no trim challenge, hopefully I am allowed to maintain the shaved part and not be 'disqualified'

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/719128603232567348/725342211452960799/jun_24th_2020.png

Oh, cool!!! I really love that shade of red and Side shave from the salon on you!!! It looks really nice!!! :) Yes, I know what you mean about red hair in time for the no trim challenge. I think you'll be allowed to maintain the shaved part and not be 'disqualified'

I'm also planning on dyeing my hair myself red as well! But not the same shade of red like yours. I'm more want it to be like a bright auburn with some red and blonde tones to it. I want it more like a strawberry blonde. I also at times when it to have some golden brown to it as well. You see, I want to blend all 3 colors together. The red, golden brown, and blonde together. You see, I want my hair color to be like the beautiful famous actress/artist named, "Jane Seymour." Have you ever heard of her?

Bri-Chan
June 26th, 2020, 02:22 PM
Bat that's really cool!

oldrocker
June 26th, 2020, 05:27 PM
Bat,

While not normally a fan of shaved and super short areas, I have to say you nailed the "I am owning this look" title right there.

Now we have to wonder what you will do next??

Peace out dude.... you rockin it!!!!

O.R.

Bat
June 26th, 2020, 09:34 PM
Oh, cool!!! I really love that shade of red and Side shave from the salon on you!!! It looks really nice!!! :) Yes, I know what you mean about red hair in time for the no trim challenge. I think you'll be allowed to maintain the shaved part and not be 'disqualified'

I'm also planning on dyeing my hair myself red as well! But not the same shade of red like yours. I'm more want it to be like a bright auburn with some red and blonde tones to it. I want it more like a strawberry blonde. I also at times when it to have some golden brown to it as well. You see, I want to blend all 3 colors together. The red, golden brown, and blonde together. You see, I want my hair color to be like the beautiful famous actress/artist named, "Jane Seymour." Have you ever heard of her?
I haven't but I'm sure it will look amazing

Bat that's really cool!
Thank youuu!

Bat,

While not normally a fan of shaved and super short areas, I have to say you nailed the "I am owning this look" title right there.

Now we have to wonder what you will do next??

Peace out dude.... you rockin it!!!!

O.R.

Thank you! The red was on a whim, I really like Tilo Wolff's hair the side shave blond and black look I'll do that sometime maybe the start of 2022 after the 6 month and1 year no trim challenge the rest of my hair should be long enough then

0xalis
June 27th, 2020, 12:12 AM
Bat I really hope you get to mid-thigh someday and that I'm still here to see it, because it will be so cool to have watched your whole journey! It's so much fun growing with you :D

Bat
June 27th, 2020, 08:27 AM
Bat I really hope you get to mid-thigh someday and that I'm still here to see it, because it will be so cool to have watched your whole journey! It's so much fun growing with you :D

I'm considering shortening my dream length to hip instead of mid thigh but another part of me wants to extend it to knee, but I'll wait til I'm waist to decide I want an even hemline, but yes it's been great growing with you, I hope we both reach our goal!

Dark40
June 28th, 2020, 10:41 AM
I haven't but I'm sure it will look amazing

Thank youuu!

Thank you! The red was on a whim, I really like Tilo Wolff's hair the side shave blond and black look I'll do that sometime maybe the start of 2022 after the 6 month and1 year no trim challenge the rest of my hair should be long enough then

Ok, yes right now it reddish brown. I am really liking the color that it is now but I just can't wait until I lighten it up to a very bright red or auburn!

Bat
June 28th, 2020, 08:16 PM
Ok, yes right now it reddish brown. I am really liking the color that it is now but I just can't wait until I lighten it up to a very bright red or auburn!

I'd love to see a photo when you get it how you want C:

shelomit
June 29th, 2020, 10:24 AM
I've been waffling between waist and mid-thigh for many years, trimming back whenever my ends get too scraggly for my taste. Mid-thigh is a very happy length for me. Best wishes for you to get there!

Bat
June 29th, 2020, 10:26 AM
I've been waffling between waist and mid-thigh for many years, trimming back whenever my ends get too scraggly for my taste. Mid-thigh is a very happy length for me. Best wishes for you to get there!

Thank you! I hope I get my hair longer than waist at least thank you for your well wishes

Dark40
June 29th, 2020, 10:45 AM

Ok, when I get it to the shade I want(which is going to take a while) I will try to post a photo. I really need to update my photos anyway. :) The only kind of camera I have is my mother's iPhone camera.

Dark40
June 29th, 2020, 10:48 AM

Ok, when I get it to the shade I want(which is going to take a while) I will try to post a photo. I really need to update my photos anyway. :) The only kind of camera I have is my mother's iPhone camera.

Bat
June 29th, 2020, 08:07 PM
This double posting bug needs to be fixed pronto and I can't wait to see your hair when you've achieved the color you want

Dark40
July 1st, 2020, 10:40 AM
Yes, sorry for the double posting, and the double posting bug does need to be fixed pronto. I bet you can't wait to see my hair when I've achieved the color I want

Bat
July 2nd, 2020, 07:47 AM
I know it's rediclious since my hair is barely passed chin lol but I'm officially changing my ultimate/dream goal to ankle/floor, I want to be the rare LHCer who gets to the floor and beyond topic :o

Dark40
July 6th, 2020, 10:45 AM
No, I don't think that's ridiculous even though your hair right now is barely pass chin. Since I've set my goal length to terminal I had said that I was aiming for ankle/floor length too. But right now, I'm just shooting for mid-thigh since I've never had hair that long in my life before. I mean, right now my hair it at it longest it ever been! So, I'm keeping my fingers cross that I make it to hip length soon or within 5 months from now. :)

I have a girlfriend that used to have very thick ankle length hair 35 years ago! And, she is 3 years older than me, and at first when I saw her hair the color of it was brown, thick with a lot of waves in it; and as we got older into our mid teens she started dyeing it a bright auburn or red! And, we attended and grew up in the same church. Every week I saw her hair it always appeared healthy-looking. Even after she started dyeing it, and she was also relaxing it as well! I always said to myself, "She has some beautiful strong ankle length hair!" And, I also said, "She also must be using tons of products as well!" "Like, shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, oils, and creams." And, she probably also used about 10 boxes of red or blonde hair dye. Or, she might have went to the hairdresser to get it professionally done. :D

Bat
July 6th, 2020, 04:18 PM
It's a lot of work for sure! I really want past this chin stage it's taking forever! When it hits the bottom of my neck I'll be on my way for sure

Shorty89
July 6th, 2020, 06:33 PM
Hey Bat, do you have a blog on LHC? I scroll through the blog section often and haven't seen one. :) I'd love to keep track of your journey. Did you decide to keep dying your hair?

Bat
July 6th, 2020, 08:08 PM
Hey Bat, do you have a blog on LHC? I scroll through the blog section often and haven't seen one. :) I'd love to keep track of your journey. Did you decide to keep dying your hair?

Hi! I extended my goal to floor and made a new topic it is in my sig and I'm going to try and stop with dye now, I dyed my hair red so I can see growth I should make a blog someday!

Bat
July 6th, 2020, 08:09 PM