PDA

View Full Version : Favourite unusual shampoos

xoxogossipgreen
March 30th, 2020, 03:37 AM
Hi all! I'm coming to the end of my second bottle of Mane and Tail. I've had a lot of fun with it, and seen a lot of great growth, but I'm a bit bored. The smell is fine but nothing amazing, and I'm finding my hair is going back to getting oily every second day, which is a bit of a bummer when I managed to get to once to twice a week washes will going loo poo. I've also seen it falling out a lot, but thats been happening even on the no sulfates method, and I think getting exacerbated by beta blockers. What are peoples favourite gimmicky or unusal shampoos you swear by? I was thinking of trying Function Of Beauty, but the cost is a bit of a deterrent

lapushka
March 30th, 2020, 04:17 AM
Not your mother's, this brand seems to be on the rise!
HASK.
Shea Moisture.
Maui Moisture.

I believe they're all sulfate-free. Silicones, you'd have to check each bottle individually. :flower:

-Fern
March 30th, 2020, 06:19 AM
My hair typically seems to perform the same with most shampoos, but I was really impressed with Head & Shoulders (I use the peppermint/eucalyptus scent).

lapushka
March 30th, 2020, 07:43 AM
My hair typically seems to perform the same with most shampoos, but I was really impressed with Head & Shoulders (I use the peppermint/eucalyptus scent).

I recently got the sensitive version, as that has aloe vera in it, and my scalp does really well with that ingredient. My latest wash (this Sunday) was with the H&S smooth & silky. Love that. It's not blue like the classic version (is that still blue?) LOL!

Kalamazoo
March 30th, 2020, 10:59 AM
Whisk an egg yolk. Add in some Thayer's Astringent Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Formula Original. (Yes, I like it with alcohol, although Thayer's makes several alcohol-free varieties.)

ETA: You asked for unusual! This must qualify...

FrayedFire
March 30th, 2020, 11:52 AM
I've had mixed results with Maui Moisture (first ingredient aloe water, which piqued my interest), but I've been loving the Not Your Mother's Naturals line. However, I can only speak for the conditioner on that.

xoxogossipgreen
March 31st, 2020, 04:36 AM
I've heard of NYM before but completely forgot about it! I might have to look into it again!
Also if my job ends up seen as non-essencial and i end up in self iso you bet im trying the egg thing haha

lapushka
March 31st, 2020, 06:06 AM
I've heard of NYM before but completely forgot about it! I might have to look into it again!
Also if my job ends up seen as non-essencial and i end up in self iso you bet im trying the egg thing haha

I think they just recently added a more natural line to their assortment!

KokoroDragon
March 31st, 2020, 11:00 AM
I really like Giovanni. NYM smells really nice, but I'm too sensitive to perfumes to use it regularly.

I haven't used the shampoo yet, but Everyone brand conditioner is really cleansing, it even foams up almost like shampoo. All their products are sulfate free.