PDA

View Full Version : Coffee and almond extract for hair growth?

kelsia.lee
March 25th, 2020, 07:15 PM
So...
I managed to grow my hair about a cm today by using a coffee, almond oil extract mixture that i used a spray bottle and the inversion method to apply. It's too good to be true, but my hair is consistently past my ears when i pull it straight.

Kalamazoo
March 25th, 2020, 10:04 PM
Wow! What brand(s) did you use? How long did you do the inversion method? How long did you leave it on your hair?

AmberWillow
March 26th, 2020, 04:06 AM
I guess it's possible that the caffeine in coffee helped stimulate the scalp along with the inversion method, but wow, 1cm is loads!!

ZoeZ
March 26th, 2020, 04:44 AM
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand - are you saying you grew your hair 1 cm in a single day?

kelsia.lee
March 26th, 2020, 08:31 AM
I just used regular coffee that we had in the kitchen and almond extract, I'm not really sure what happened, but using my longest strands of my hair when i measured it was about a cm longer. I'm not really prone to believing i could grow my hair in a day... maybe it just straightened more?

kelsia.lee
March 26th, 2020, 08:32 AM
i did the inversion method for a total of about 20 minutes with 2 min breaks every 5 mins of using the method

MusicalSpoons
March 26th, 2020, 03:30 PM
I just used regular coffee that we had in the kitchen and almond extract, I'm not really sure what happened, but using my longest strands of my hair when i measured it was about a cm longer. I'm not really prone to believing i could grow my hair in a day... maybe it just straightened more?

I believe that's the most likely explanation for all these types of miracle treatments :) if it's something conditioning it usually makes the strands lie more uniformly with each other (in whatever texture) which very often can give a different measurement. For me, just combing my hair with a fine-toothed comb when it's oily - by which point most of my weak texture will have dropped out already - makes it seem at least half an inch longer than before combing :p