PDA

View Full Version : I shaped up my salon haircut with Spidermom's self trim method and it's much better!

wo
March 23rd, 2020, 01:33 PM
Hey everyone, I know you're probably sick of me and my hair escapades. 😂 But I want to show how well Spidermom's trim method works, and also say thanks to Milady for the photo tutorial!

I've shared pics of the big haircut I got at a salon on February 13th, from BCL to APL. I have no regrets about the cut, but it's been like 6 weeks, and the hemline still wasn't looking quite right when down. It looked choppy and kind of lop sided, so I thought I'd face my fear of self-trimming to hopefully get a better hemline.

So today I did the spidermom method, with combed out soaking-wet hair (for straightness), looking down slightly, and a middle part. (I wear my hair parted on the left however it falls naturally each wash, but I had asked about self-trimming on here before, and many of you suggested parting in the middle for cutting.)

It turned out exactly how I hoped! I don't think I lost much if any length in the back, but there was a random long chunk that got cut off and I'm guessing that was the problem.

I'm still planning to grow back to waist or hip wothout trimming, I just had to fix this hemline first. I should've done it myself in the first place, but doing such a big haircut myself was too scary!

https://i.imgur.com/1Gaudrg.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ERK6625.jpg

Milady_DeWinter
March 23rd, 2020, 01:42 PM
Yay wo, I'm glad that this worked for you too, and that I was able to help a bit! Certainly Spidermom's method is the very best for me, your cut looks awesome and the curls are on point :o

honeybee93
March 23rd, 2020, 01:49 PM
Looks gorgeous!!

Sarahlabyrinth
March 23rd, 2020, 02:46 PM
Looks amazing! :) Your curls are so pretty too!

lapushka
March 23rd, 2020, 03:42 PM
It worked out great! :)

Hailwidis
March 23rd, 2020, 03:54 PM
Your cut looks even better than the salon one, in my opinion (but I'm a fan of U shaped ends so it may just be my personal preference :D ).
Well done in any case!

ZoeZ
March 23rd, 2020, 04:11 PM
I can't tell you how many times I've had to repair a salon cut - hence my hatred of them. Your hemline looks much better and more even to me. Congratulations on overcoming your fear! :)

wo
March 24th, 2020, 04:07 PM
Thanks everyone! Everything about it is better than going to a salon so I'm pretty darn happy about that. 😎

desisparkles
March 24th, 2020, 04:14 PM
Your cut looks even better than the salon one, in my opinion (but I'm a fan of U shaped ends so it may just be my personal preference :D ).
Well done in any case!

Exactly what I was going to say!!!!

MusicalSpoons
March 24th, 2020, 08:01 PM
Whaaa?! You did an amazing job!! :crush: and I much prefer it to the results from the salon.

I always love seeing your hair, btw! It's incredibly beautiful.

lapushka
March 25th, 2020, 04:57 AM
No need for that salon anymore, wo, you do a *far* greater job on your own!

Looks great! :D

SleepyTangles
March 25th, 2020, 05:43 AM
Lovely! U shape really suits your texture :D

spidermom
March 25th, 2020, 03:05 PM
Wow; what an awesome result!