PDA

View Full Version : Growing from Pixie length

kelsia.lee
March 22nd, 2020, 10:06 AM
2 years ago I shaved my head completely bald and have been working to grow it out since, when I had my daughter in October I shaved it again, Now it's about pixie length, it falls to about the bottoms of my ears. If anyone has any tips for growing longer hair that is healthy too i would really appreciate it. I used to have hair past my waist.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 22nd, 2020, 10:13 AM
Welcome here :) Just be gentle with it, use no heat tools/perms/dyes, don't trim. And generally forget about it. That should work!

lapushka
March 22nd, 2020, 10:19 AM
Lots of patience (I wish you that) and maybe join the "shorties" thread around here; plenty of support. I also see a lot of people plateau'ing in that stage, but some get beyond it just fine. It is difficult to grow out a pixie. Been there a couple times!

Ylva
March 22nd, 2020, 10:21 AM
Welcome to the forum and happy growing! There's a lot of very good information here scattered all around, so just browse to your heart's content and chat with us. :)

TatsuOni
March 22nd, 2020, 11:24 AM
Welcome! :)

kelsia.lee
March 22nd, 2020, 11:44 AM
Thank you guys so much, i'm a fairly patient person, my biggest problem is when i get stressed i tend to cut my hair whereas some people dye it. I normally cut every couple weeks but it has been almost 6 months now. I appreciate the reply's

KokoroDragon
March 22nd, 2020, 12:52 PM
When I was growing out my pixie, I pretty much just wore a loose beanie every day. It kept me from thinking about or messing with my hair too much, plus it hid the awkward growing out look.

Laurab
March 22nd, 2020, 02:08 PM
Hi!
I personally found frequent trims by a stylist helpful when I was growing out a pixie.
That's mostly my preference, I like frequent trims in general, but for pixie's especially they can become weird frustrating shapes really really quickly. A good stylist knows how to let them grow out without looking weird in-between.

For health, pixie's are pretty low matinence!
I'm really glad I had mine, because seeing it now my hair's so different from when I had it longer than this in high school. I use to rip through damp hair with a big brush. Loooots of breakage. It left my hair pretty poofy towards the ends.
But starting from pixie or shorter really lets you take good care of it right from the start!
No need to go crazy, but if you're gentle with it you shouldn't have to worry about it. Most people are looking to fix some sort of damage. It's easier to never have that damage in the first place.

kelsia.lee
March 22nd, 2020, 05:17 PM
Very true, thanks!

Starbunny
March 23rd, 2020, 11:19 AM
I am BEYOND tired of my pixie and so ready to grow it out. I don't think I'm going to trim for a while because I just NEED to gain some length. It feels like my hair grows SO SLOWLY now. I'm thinking of going back to CO washing, but not sure. :)

kelsia.lee
March 25th, 2020, 11:52 AM
I definitely understand the feeling. I've basically had a pixie for months now slowly growing longer.

Belgrade Beauty
March 25th, 2020, 12:17 PM
Hey! Welcome and good luck! Plenty of support and good advice here to find!

SleepyTangles
March 25th, 2020, 12:40 PM
Welcome! I also had a pixie last June, and now itīs shoulder length. So donīt worry, it will grow! :cheer:

kelsia.lee
March 25th, 2020, 12:55 PM
Every time i use my homemade hair mask my hair gets super soft and perfect and it seems to stimulate growth as well, however, i broke the jar i use to keep it in. Now i have to buy a new one and i don't have the money right now to buy some of the ingredients. It's pretty cheap though. Honey, vegetable oil, cinnamon, and eggs. The jar is only $1.50 at the dollar store. I have a spray bottle but i don't think it would work...

kelsia.lee
March 26th, 2020, 11:19 AM
FInally I can put it in a ponytail using lots of bobbypins

plonter
March 29th, 2020, 08:17 AM
I get the urge to cut hair under stress. I tried to find other ways of playing with it like hair accessories and hats when I was stressed, it's not perfect but helps! I am now between APL and BSL and it feels long finally, but it's been about 2.5 years.