PDA

View Full Version : Corona in Germany :( My haircare, hairstyle experiments now.

Wusel
March 20th, 2020, 07:24 AM
Hi guys,
it's getting really bad in Germany :( We are very scared and worried here.
I've stocked up on food, water and haircare products.
Different conditioners, masks...
My plan is to spend more time here, when we get curfew too, to wash my hair less (nobody will see me besides my son. I still live alone with him), to deep condition regularly and to experiment with more difficult hairstyles.
My current length is past bra strap which is what I consider to be long. It does look and feel long and I don't need to wait anymore or try to speed up the growth process, it's long enough finally. I can do everything I want with it. Top bun (with all hair in it and without pins) works, all braids work, french braid has the perfect length... I'm good now. I just let my hair be.
I want to try the two dutch braids, corn rows (six-seven, maybe more), fishtail braids (still can't do them, lack of talent... lol) and more buns with hair sticks.
I'm SO happy my hair is back to long.
It was a tough journey.
My bangs/fringe length is chin now. Which is perfect too. Looks nice, stays in the ponytail...

I hope you are all healthy. Stay at home, don't socialize and wash your hands. You can save lifes by doing so. I hope we get through this soon.
Hugs!

Ylva
March 20th, 2020, 07:52 AM
Welcome back, Wusel! I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering how it's going with your hair. I think I remember you having headaches before, how is it going with that now that your hair has grown a bit longer?

Wusel
March 20th, 2020, 08:21 AM
Welcome back, Wusel! I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering how it's going with your hair. I think I remember you having headaches before, how is it going with that now that your hair has grown a bit longer?

Hi Ylva :)
I've just seen your new hair pictures :) Fantastic :)

As for now I don't have headaches but what I have noticed is that the scalp pain is back. That's what I always had before the headaches. It's not often yet but for example after wearing a french braid for more than 4 hours I have scalp pain. Or when I wear a top bun. Or a high pony. I can wear a style for 4-6 hours and then have to change it. I hope I can avoid the headaches by doing so. I have very sensitive skin and my scalp is the same, I think. And scalp pain means headache coming soon. So, no hairstyle for longer than 6 hours and I will see what happens.

I still take all the vitamins my doctor prescribed me when I had this terrible shedding for many months in 2018 and I shed a maximum of 20 hairs per day now, so, my hair ist the thickest and heaviest it has ever been. All bald spots have grown back, fortunately. But I will have to be very, very careful to not get headaches again. I try to stick to the regular style changes. Like, top bun to low bun, french braid to regular braid, one high ponytail to two low ponytails etc. It looks like it helps.

SleepyTangles
March 20th, 2020, 08:31 AM
Hi Wusel! Glad to hear you're well :flowers:
Hopefully we'll be out of this predicament soon... If not, my hair may suffer from this overdose of attention :o
Come join us, we are sharing all our hair experiments and adventurous (*cough* disastrous *cough*) hair impulses during the isolation/quarantine times: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=151948&page=4

Natalia_A00
March 20th, 2020, 09:14 AM
I'm in Madrid so I'm also scared :( Let's hope this situation improves soon...

I haven't stocked up on hair products and now I'm regretting it. I'm running out of shampoo and conditioner! I don't want to leave my home at all, but I guess I'll eventually have to go to the supermarket.
I guess this can be an opportunity to "train" my hair to be less oily. I can wash it less so it gets used to it. My scalp gets greasy within 2 days and I'm tired of it.
Also, experimenting with new hairstlyles like you said, is a really good idea! :)

SleepyTangles
March 20th, 2020, 09:19 AM
I'm in Madrid so I'm also scared :( Let's hope this situation improves soon...

I haven't stocked up on hair products and now I'm regretting it. I'm running out of shampoo and conditioner! I don't want to leave my home at all, but I guess I'll eventually have to go to the supermarket.
I guess this can be an opportunity to "train" my hair to be less oily. I can wash it less so it gets used to it. My scalp gets greasy within 2 days and I'm tired of it.
Also, experimenting with new hairstlyles like you said, is a really good idea! :)

I'm a hoarder, so this Is really a good chance to finish and declutter some stuff. Wish I could give you some of mine ;)

embee
March 20th, 2020, 09:23 AM
Hi Wusel! So glad you're ok!

As for scalp pain, my hair is very different from yours, but I used to get that pain and it was horrid. I don't know if this is a solution, but it worked for me. At night I keep my hair in a topknot bun. In the day it is in some other, lower bun. Before putting my hair into any bun I comb it out completely, from the scalp to the tips, making sure to run the comb (or brush) on my scalp. I kinda like the tingle, the feeling, almost of scritching and I think it does something for my scalp. Stimulates blood flow to the skin up there?

The pain no longer happens. The scalp and hair are used to being different directions at different times and are comfy with it now.

The good thing about this was it was free. I'm in favor of that. ;)

leayellena
March 22nd, 2020, 01:37 AM
hi Wusel,
greeting from Essen (NRW).
I woke up thinking I should give up my co-wash for a while. I can wo and NW/SO and apply coconut oil. nobody will see my scalp except my husband and he washes his hair every 2 weeks because his hair is dry mostly. I don't see why I'd buy hair products to make my hair look nice if I'll stay at home like 99% of the time. for now a wo and massage works and my length loves being coated in coconut oil. I don't know how my ends will react to coconut oil buildup though. any experiences with that everyone? ikr my hair will be sticky and look like some greasy noodles but still no one outside my family and house cares or sees anymore. covid19 made me realise how addicted we are to conventional produtcs and how much society dictates how everyone should be/look like.

Wusel
April 6th, 2020, 12:22 PM
hi Wusel,
greeting from Essen (NRW).
I woke up thinking I should give up my co-wash for a while. I can wo and NW/SO and apply coconut oil. nobody will see my scalp except my husband and he washes his hair every 2 weeks because his hair is dry mostly. I don't see why I'd buy hair products to make my hair look nice if I'll stay at home like 99% of the time. for now a wo and massage works and my length loves being coated in coconut oil. I don't know how my ends will react to coconut oil buildup though. any experiences with that everyone? ikr my hair will be sticky and look like some greasy noodles but still no one outside my family and house cares or sees anymore. covid19 made me realise how addicted we are to conventional produtcs and how much society dictates how everyone should be/look like.

Hi, hugs from Bremen :)
As for me, coconut oil made my hair crunchy and dry. I can't do it. What I do now is washing with Head And Shoulders (sensitive) and giving moisture a lot. Moisturizing Conditioner. I have different ones. This works quite well. :)