View Full Version : Wavy hair...uncertainty

sonic_goose
March 15th, 2020, 10:24 AM
I believe I have type 2a/2b hair. The waves in my hair seem inconsistent - the front and “outer layer” of my hair is much wavier. The back and underside of my hair is straighter, and courser. I am changing up my routine a little to try and emphasis my waves more. Plopping worked well for me with a tiny amount of leave-in conditioner, and I haven’t brushed my hair dry since my last shower. My waves, for the most part, are more defined. However, I’m going on day 3 and I feel like my hair just looks kind of... bad. The intact waves look good, but some of my hair looks sort of straight and stringy. Overall, it looks inconsistent and I feel like it looks like I slept in the bushes. I am resisting brushing it because I don’t want to break up my waves and continue to disrupt my loose “curl” pattern.
I think next shower I am going to try using a small amount of gel or aloe, to maybe set the curl in more. Other than that, I don’t know what else to try. Is my hair just transitioning?

Dark40
March 15th, 2020, 10:29 AM
Sounds like your hair is transitioning. That would be a good idea during your next shower to use a small amount of gel or aloe, to maybe set the curl in more. I have 2c/3a hair. My hair is more on the curly side.

Bri-Chan
March 15th, 2020, 10:53 AM
I am in the same situation. I'm experimenting a lot but still, I haven't found a good routine for my hair

shelomit
March 17th, 2020, 11:31 PM
'Tis the nature of wavy hair to lose definition the longer you go without getting it wet and re-drying it. Is your wave pattern fairly even when you first let it dry?

sonic_goose
March 22nd, 2020, 06:52 AM
Honestly it's been awhile since I've let it air dry without touching it at all. I need to do that to inspect the waves... I'm also thinking that maybe misting it with water each morning may help "reactivate" the waves?

lapushka
March 22nd, 2020, 08:03 AM
Honestly it's been awhile since I've let it air dry without touching it at all. I need to do that to inspect the waves... I'm also thinking that maybe misting it with water each morning may help "reactivate" the waves?

That sometimes helps, yes! Don't make it too wet though!