PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Shampoo & Conditioner

beckybourbon
March 11th, 2020, 05:54 PM
What is everyone’s favorite shampoo and conditioner brands??

I personally like an organic one called Calia, but it’s getting expensive. I would love to hear other ideas!

The-Young-Maid
March 11th, 2020, 06:00 PM
I stick to Herbal Essences, Tresemme and Dove.

I'll try other things if I can stack coupons like Loreal and HASK.

pisinoe
March 11th, 2020, 07:22 PM
Bed Head Dumb Blonde and Resurrection lines.

leafygreens18
March 11th, 2020, 08:09 PM
I want to try Calia so badly, but I can't justify it, I aspire to be more low maintenance. I do not associate Calia with low maintenance hair lol.... Maui Moisture is my usual shampoo and Garnier OWNS my conditioner game because they have so many accessible silicon free options.

Dark40
March 11th, 2020, 08:15 PM
I've also been wanting to try Calia too but it is expensive. My favorite shampoos and conditioners are Garnier Fructis, Pantene Pro-V, Tresemme, Loreal, and Maui Moisture.

lillabug
March 11th, 2020, 10:21 PM
I wish Calia had some trial sizes, I can't commit $40+ to something I've never tried, still trying to live down the Shu Uemura fiasco.

ExpectoPatronum
March 11th, 2020, 10:50 PM
I'm using Aussie right now and I like it so far. My hair tends to become resistant to products easily, so I switch it up pretty regularly.

Dee94
March 11th, 2020, 11:12 PM
TRESemme!!

Longlegs
March 12th, 2020, 12:19 AM
A'kin, Sukin and Glow Lab , anything natural from down-under. I did like Tresemme undone conditioner but it's been discontinued and I don't like their botanical range.

AutobotsAttack
March 12th, 2020, 03:02 AM
Anything by Shiseido. I particularly like the Airy Flow line, but it’s a bit expensive for me so I mainly buy that when I wanna spoil myself.

I usually go for Herval Essences Hello Hydration, Aussie, or Shea Moisture Manuka honey line.

Ylva
March 12th, 2020, 05:37 AM
Garnier generally has a lot of stuff, both shampoos and conditioners, that I enjoy. I also like Natura Siberica shampoos, and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner.

MusicalSpoons
March 12th, 2020, 06:00 AM
Dr Organic shampoo, because it's the only one I've found that my scalp likes.
Conditioner ... holy grail is Faith in Nature BB Rose, but Garnier with their silicone-free lines are pretty good. Another HG is Macadamia Oil conditioner from cheapie shops, not manufactured by any recognisable brand (Xpel Marketing, it says on the back of the bottle!).

tekla
March 12th, 2020, 07:44 AM
Right now my favourite shampoo is Garnier Fructis Aloe Hydra Bomb and conditioner Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator Treatment. I like shampoos that don't contain stearates because they tend to make my scalp grease faster and leave the hair somewhat heavier and duller. I use IHT as a regular conditioner and it leaves the ends silky smooth and hydrated.

unheardletters
March 12th, 2020, 08:28 AM
I use Jessicurl Gentle Lather for shampoo and Innersense Color Radiance Conditioner. The conditioner is my holy grail.

Dark40
March 12th, 2020, 10:02 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Herbal Essence Hello Hydration is another one of my favorite conditioners too, and the Garnier Fructis Treats. Like, the avocado deep conditioner and banana hair mask.

lapushka
March 12th, 2020, 10:07 AM
A good harsh sulfate based one, like Pantene or Herbal Essences.

My absolute N°1 favorite is the Pantene Aqua Light. Of all time.

I tend to go for a harsh sulfate but no silicone shampoo. Nice and clarifying.

Welcome to the forum, BTW!

Reyn127
March 12th, 2020, 11:02 AM
I liked the ingredients on the Calia stuff, but didn’t feel like ordering it online. A good alternative for me ended up being the Acure Ultra Hydrating shampoo/conditioner, which are definitely my favorite at the moment.

beckybourbon
March 12th, 2020, 07:04 PM
I will try that! And thank you!

beckybourbon
March 12th, 2020, 07:06 PM
Calia is a really good one and doesn't leave my hair greasy like most natural ones, but I've always eyed Maui Moisture at the store but never purchased. I am definetely going to try because it looks so pretty!

AshtangiPNW
March 12th, 2020, 08:17 PM
ETA: The formula changed for this conditioner (removed the beeswax) and it is no longer a favorite.

desisparkles
March 12th, 2020, 09:51 PM
Right now I’m using and loving

Neutrogena anti residue shampoo
Garnier olive conditioner

And

Briogeo hair food kale and green apple shampoo and condish

Yalena
March 13th, 2020, 03:44 AM
I've been using Faith in Nature for years, and I love it. The shampoo contains ALS, which is gentler on my hair than SLS, but I only use the shampoo every two weeks. In between I use African black soap as a cleanser. I also like Shea moisture as a deep conditioner.

sillyme
March 13th, 2020, 07:52 PM
My new favorite is Live Clean Apple Cider Vinegar shampoo and conditioner. I've never been able to use a sulfate-free shampoo on my sulfate loving hair , but this one seems to agree with my oily roots and dry ends. Instead of sls it has Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate. And as long as I don't use too much, the conditioner makes my hair feel great.

I think this brand must have been around for several years but my Walmart just started carrying it. The bottles are kind of small - 12 oz - but I think they're worth the $5 each. Rarely can I find anything my finicky hair does well with for more than two or three uses.

Siv
March 14th, 2020, 05:50 AM
I like the Shea Moisture strengthening hair mask right now! Not particularly impressed by the shampoo and conditioner from their 10-in-1 range, but they're quite alright.

The Lizard Wife
March 15th, 2020, 07:09 PM
I use Accure brand shampoo and conditioner, and I change up the specific options based on what scent I thought I might like out of what was available to purchase. It was the first thing I tried after deciding to Grow My Hair (I actually bought the shampoo to wash my BBB with while doing an unsuccessful stint at Water Only), it's sulfate and silicone free, it gave me better results than anything I'd used previously in my life (because my hair doesn't like sulfates and silicones), and I've never bothered to experiment with anything else.

Dark40
March 16th, 2020, 08:17 PM
I like the Shea Moisture strengthening hair mask right now! Not particularly impressed by the shampoo and conditioner from their 10-in-1 range, but they're quite alright.

I've been wanting to try the Shea Moisture Line for many years! I've bought some of their blow out cream a couple of months ago, and their thermal heat protectant spray but I haven't tried the heat protectant spray yet. But I love the blow out cream! I've never heard of nor tried their 10-in-1 shampoo and conditioner. Their products are soooo expensive though!

Lucy McLucyFace
March 17th, 2020, 05:51 AM
I have tried sulfate free shampoos and I find that they leave a very weird texture on my hair. Maybe they happened to have the wrong pH balance since the water around here is neutral.
But the shampoo that works best for me are tresemme's classical shampoo. I don't find that it dries my hair at all and it can go almost a week without needing to be washed again!

As for conditioner the only one so far that has given me good results is L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Nutrifier Conditioner

LeyanaWhite
March 17th, 2020, 10:20 AM
I wish Calia had some trial sizes, I can't commit $40+ to something I've never tried, still trying to live down the Shu Uemura fiasco.

I did the Mix & Match Hair Care Bundle for $60. You get 4 regular sized bottles for $14.99 each and 2 smaller bottles for free. You get to pick which products you want to try. I picked the hydrating shampoo & conditioner, Purifying shampoo and balancing conditioner in the regular sizes and then did the hydrating leave in conditioner spray and the kids shampoo/body wash as the free items. I’m already hooked after one use! It think it’s a great deal and a chance to try out multiple products to see which work best for you and your hair. Totally worth it in my opinion 😊 Also Im super curious...what was the Shu Uemura fiasco??

LeyanaWhite
March 17th, 2020, 10:28 AM
Calia is totally worth it! I have been wanting to try it for a few years now but the price always made me hesitant. I finally got the Mix & Match bundle and am absolutely in love with the Purifying shampoo and the Hydrating conditioner. The bundle includes 4 full sized products of your choosing at $14.99 each and 2 smaller items for free. It’s $60 which is still pretty steep but you at least get to try out different options. In the future I’m just going to get the ones I like most only instead of getting multiple options. I’ve never been so sure of a product after only one use, but I seriously feel like I’ve found the holy grail!

beckybourbon
March 17th, 2020, 10:24 PM
YESSSS I love Calia. It really does a good job and usually organic or natural shampoos don’t work too well but this line is pretty awesome

Dark40
March 19th, 2020, 08:47 PM
I've been hearing a lot about Calia product on youtube, and how wonderful the shampoo & conditioner is. I've been wanting to try a sulfate-free shampoo like that for a long time.

ArtOfNoot
September 2nd, 2020, 03:08 AM
Jersey Bounce by Lush is NOT A DAILY SHAMPOO, it isn't even a shampoo I'd use regularly. However, if I want a good hair day, I will use Jersey Bounce. It gives me volume and shine and enough "grip" and texture to ensure that I can easily style it.