PDA

View Full Version : uneven braid tails

jojo
March 22nd, 2008, 11:02 PM
I have got my hair in 2 braids to get some braid waves, but im noticing the ends are not straight.

Should i cut these or will i make them more uneven?

physicschick
March 22nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
No, don't cut! How your braid ends turn out depends more on exactly how you sectioned your hair and did the braiding.

jojo
March 22nd, 2008, 11:17 PM
thanks for your quick reply, i was tempted:crazyq: makes sense! x

tiny_teesha
March 23rd, 2008, 04:52 AM
I thought you ment one braid was longer then the other. In that case i was going to say "same" one side of my head in a lot thinner, shorter and finer then the other....weird...i know....

Red Jezebel
March 23rd, 2008, 05:28 AM
It takes a lot of trail and error to know where to section your hair so that you not only get sections the same thickness, but, depending on where you section, on getting them so at the end of the braid one section isn't a few inches longer than the others. Where you section will also depend on what type of braid you're doing.

Differences in these can change the look significantly of any braid taper, I find. It drives me potty sometimes, sometimes I get it right and don't have much of a taper, sometimes I don't and my braid end has a really obvious taper and looks horrid.

Xandergrammy
March 23rd, 2008, 07:20 AM
jojo DO NOT CUT!!! I used to do that sometimes and it never had a good outcome. :nono:

Anje
March 23rd, 2008, 07:31 AM
Just an echo of what you've already heard and decided -- as a general rule, do not cut your hair when it's braided, because braids are highly variable in how your ends turn out. If it seems uneven, you can use Feye's trimming method to even it out, and just leave it alone when it's braided. If you intend to wear braids so often that it'll influence your trim, straight across is best for one, a shallow U or V is probably better for even ends on two braids.