PDA

View Full Version : Nightshade's 14 Year LHC Anniversary

Nightshade
February 26th, 2020, 03:34 PM
I actually managed not to miss it this year! I joined Feb 26 way back in 2006 :bigeyes: Since I recently did a huge, comprehensive post about my hair history, (https://nightblooming.com/2020/02/06/destroyed-reborn-melissas-hair-history/) I won't repost all the pictures and stuff here, but I do want to

1) say how much I love you guys. This is sincerely a special place on the internet and I wouldn't trade it for the world :inlove:

2) Open the floor to any crazy questions ya'll have! About anything, they don't have to be hair-related :)

Let's go for 14 more years! :cheer:

Laurab
February 26th, 2020, 03:53 PM
Looking through your hair story and WOW! You look like an absolute princess!
Congrats on 14 years!
If you could go back in time and tell your day one self something, what would it be?

GoddesJourney
February 26th, 2020, 04:31 PM
You really do look like a young queen from a movie or something. I'm so glad you stuck around all of this time.

Nightshade
February 26th, 2020, 05:13 PM
Looking through your hair story and WOW! You look like an absolute princess!
Congrats on 14 years!
If you could go back in time and tell your day one self something, what would it be?

You really do look like a young queen from a movie or something. I'm so glad you stuck around all of this time.

Oh goodness you're both so kind :) Life goal of becoming an elven princess maybe not totally unlocked, but not too far off either? :lol:

What I'd tell my day one self: This is not NEARLY as complicated as you're making it. You don't need to add tumeric and paprika and all that other garbage to your henna, just cut it with senna for golden tones. You don't need to CWC and oil and salve and BBB and whatever else your hair--- just shampoo and condition with something gentle and a smidge of salve if you need it.

The good news, I suppose, is that obsessing over my length and doing all that stuff kept me nice and distracted while I grew out the damage :)

GoddesJourney
February 26th, 2020, 05:35 PM
Oh goodness you're both so kind :) Life goal of becoming an elven princess maybe not totally unlocked, but not too far off either? :lol:

What I'd tell my day one self: This is not NEARLY as complicated as you're making it. You don't need to add tumeric and paprika and all that other garbage to your henna, just cut it with senna for golden tones. You don't need to CWC and oil and salve and BBB and whatever else your hair--- just shampoo and condition with something gentle and a smidge of salve if you need it.

The good news, I suppose, is that obsessing over my length and doing all that stuff kept me nice and distracted while I grew out the damage :)

This actually may be something newbies tend to go through exactly because of that reason. Most people haven't been taken good care of their hair and so they try all kinds of things to fix it. Healthier hair is lower maintenance. When that old hair finally grows out, they really don't need all of that stuff. And there is definitely a period of discovering what products actually work or don't work for your hair despite what the bottle may claim.

Sounds like you found the cruise control though. Haha. Nice.

EdG
February 26th, 2020, 05:41 PM
Happy anniversary, Nightshade! :happydance:
Ed

CindyOfTheOaks
February 26th, 2020, 06:28 PM
14 years is quite an accomplishment !
Congratulations !

baanoo
February 26th, 2020, 06:59 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! Congratulations!

Milady_DeWinter
February 26th, 2020, 10:52 PM
Happy anniversary! Just for the heck of asking something, when/why did you decided to start Nightblooming? How has it evolved since then? ^^

Also... Which one is your fav oil you created? And when will be released the second Iyarri book?? :D

Begemot
February 26th, 2020, 11:45 PM
Happy anniversary! :blossom: :toast:

C_Bookworm
February 26th, 2020, 11:51 PM
Lovely lovely lovely :crush: Congrats on 14 years of long hair, and many more to come!

Who are you favorite fictional longhairs?

Ylva
February 27th, 2020, 12:30 AM
Happy anniversary!

What are your top 3 RPGs?

leayellena
February 27th, 2020, 12:36 AM
happy 14th lhc aniversary :)

imalda
February 27th, 2020, 12:53 AM
Congratulations! Happy anniversary :)

Joules
February 27th, 2020, 01:46 AM
Happy anniversary! I love your current hair color!

SleepyTangles
February 27th, 2020, 04:52 AM
Congratulations Nightshade! Long live to you and your firey locks, and thanks for your incredibile informative work :flowers:

Sarahlabyrinth
February 27th, 2020, 07:00 AM
Happy Hairiversary, Nightshade! 14 years is a long time - here's to another fourteen! :D

embee
February 27th, 2020, 07:07 AM
Happy 14th, lovely Lady Nightshade! :)

Nightshade
February 27th, 2020, 07:54 AM
This actually may be something newbies tend to go through exactly because of that reason. Most people haven't been taken good care of their hair and so they try all kinds of things to fix it. Healthier hair is lower maintenance. When that old hair finally grows out, they really don't need all of that stuff. And there is definitely a period of discovering what products actually work or don't work for your hair despite what the bottle may claim.

Sounds like you found the cruise control though. Haha. Nice.

Cruise control is a great way to put it!

Happy anniversary, Nightshade! :happydance:
Ed

14 years is quite an accomplishment !
Congratulations !

Your hair is gorgeous! Congratulations!

Awww thank you! I was surprised to see it's been 14 years :bigeyes:

Happy anniversary! Just for the heck of asking something, when/why did you decided to start Nightblooming? How has it evolved since then? ^^

Also... Which one is your fav oil you created? And when will be released the second Iyarri book?? :D[/QUOTE]

hahaha I had to go check the dates! I started NightBlooming in 2007 (it'll be 13 come April). I started it way back when I was mostly making hair sticks for myself, but since then it's evolved into being herbal hair care instead.

and oh goodness my favorite oil. Aurelia is way way up there and the one I personally wear ever day, but there's something utterly entrancing about Mollymauk, and Samhain Spell my favorite seasonal one.

The second Iyarri Chronicles Book, Mourning's Dawn, will be out this fall, in September or October. I'll lock in an official release date in the next two weeks :bigeyes:

[QUOTE=Begemot;3762249]Happy anniversary! :blossom:

Lovely lovely lovely :crush: Congrats on 14 years of long hair, and many more to come!

Who are you favorite fictional longhairs?

Happy anniversary!

What are your top 3 RPGs?

Thank you all so much!!! For my top 3 RPGs I'm going to do tabletop and computer because I don't think it's fair to make them compete for one another. Tabletop: D&D 5.0, Pathfinder, and Call of Cthulhu. For computer games, Pillars of Eternity, Skyrim, and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

happy 14th lhc aniversary

Congratulations! Happy anniversary

Happy anniversary! I love your current hair color!

Congratulations Nightshade! Long live to you and your firey locks, and thanks for your incredibile informative work :flowers:

Happy Hairiversary, Nightshade! 14 years is a long time - here's to another fourteen! :D

Happy 14th, lovely Lady Nightshade!

You are all so so kind---one of the many reasons I've been around so long :flowers:

desisparkles
February 27th, 2020, 09:21 AM
Nightshade, I have to know and have been dying to ask. Any skin secrets you can share? why type of cream/serums you use?

I know you must protect yourself from the sun but my goodness, I'm blown away by how doll like your face is. I saw the winter swap pics and it was just of your chin and I was like, how on earth does skin look like that?

I don't want to overlook your success on your book or business at all. It's so impressive and I'm soo very happy for you. I might feel a slight tinge of jealousy towards your overall put together self but 99% admiration.

Cg
February 27th, 2020, 09:22 AM
Wow, that is some milestone! Happy anniversary!

BerrySara
February 27th, 2020, 09:53 AM
That really is amazing Nightshade, congratulations!

I think you are a real kick-ass & clever woman with the success and hard work you have put into your business and book, no doubt. And I have never seen you lose your cool!

With all your experience and knowledge, its really awesome you chose to stay and share your wisdom!

Nightshade
February 27th, 2020, 09:58 AM
Nightshade, I have to know and have been dying to ask. Any skin secrets you can share? why type of cream/serums you use?

I know you must protect yourself from the sun but my goodness, I'm blown away by how doll like your face is. I saw the winter swap pics and it was just of your chin and I was like, how on earth does skin look like that?

I don't want to overlook your success on your book or business at all. It's so impressive and I'm soo very happy for you. I might feel a slight tinge of jealousy towards your overall put together self but 99% admiration.

Oh goodness a doll. I turn 40 this year so that sincerely warmed my heart. (You can totally see in the other pictures I posted just how much white hair I have now :lol: The henna is lighter and brighter there and the whites are still kinda crazy-textured. )

I gave myself a challenge to start making a bunch of my own facial and skin care products (because seriously, if anyone doesn't have an excuse not to be making their own stuff it's me). The products I was buying were pretty simple and natural anyway so it was only a little trial and error to replace them :) Currently I've replace my green clay and kelp face food, and my toner/mister with DIY versions (I do have blog posts on them where I post the recipes, but don't want to post the links because they do link to my Patreon and that seems uncool. They're not hard to find if you know where to look, though :) ).

For things I still purchase, I wear this Josh Rosebrook SPF30 day cream every day (https://joshrosebrook.com/collections/skin/products/nutrient-day-cream-with-spf-30-non-nano-zinc-oxide), and once that's dry (only takes a minute or two) I dust over it with Meow Cosmetics Siamese 2 in Pampered. I use this as a cleanser when I shower, so 3x a week (I don't wash my face every day :oops: ) (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052P0WGU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and then do a glycolic facial acid treatment probably (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IPJVT02/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) once a week or so.

ETA: Whoops! I forgot to add that I make my own skin moisturizer / night cream, too. This one I don't have a post on, but it's a home-brewed concoction that's aloe-based with a few oils (including Sandalwood nut oil), Hyaluronic Acid, and some essential oils. It was supposed to be a lotion, but it ended up the consistency of a hair salve, so I might have over-whipped it. Works great, but probably needs a little refining for the next go :lol:

And no worries, I'm not as put-together as I seem :) I have a wicked sleep disorder, and doing all the things I do has some pretty steep, pretty ****ty tradoffs :flowers: It all shakes out in the end.

Wow, that is some milestone! Happy anniversary!

ahahaha thank you! It's strange to think that when I came here I was still in college, not married, didn't have a house, etc.! :bigeyes:

That really is amazing Nightshade, congratulations!

I think you are a real kick-ass & clever woman with the success and hard work you have put into your business and book, no doubt. And I have never seen you lose your cool!

With all your experience and knowledge, its really awesome you chose to stay and share your wisdom!

Oh.... I've for SURE lost my cool :lol: There's a few instances on LHC where I for sure blew my proverbial stack XD Kick ass and clever are two very sweet things to be called, thank you :flowers:

bparnell75
February 27th, 2020, 10:52 AM
Night Shade I admire your perseverance in not cutting your hair through all the trials. It is also nice to see people still hanging around that have been here for years. I miss some of the old timers. "Arete Squiggly flop, princess Bob and more. I also make my own cosmetics which are based on bees wax from our hives. Keep being an inspiration for us all. I have tried to make your messy bun several times often with unusual results.

Tinyponies
February 27th, 2020, 11:45 AM
Happy 14th Nightshade :) :heart:

eresh
February 27th, 2020, 03:03 PM
Happy anniversary!! :blossom::toast:

lapushka
February 27th, 2020, 03:50 PM
Congrats on 14 years! :cheer:

Groovy Granny
February 27th, 2020, 04:46 PM
Congrats ~ 14 years is amazing :applause:

I love your hair; it is very pretty :heart:

Thanks for all your contributions on LHC :flowers:

MusicalSpoons
February 27th, 2020, 04:57 PM
Happy anniversary!! Thank you for being our resident henna/herbal guru and sharing your wisdom, I've learned so much about something I've never dabbled in and I'm sure your advice has prevented many disasters :D

FennFire911
February 27th, 2020, 05:37 PM
Congrats and happy 14th! I hafta say it’s great to read your care guides and advice. I love browsing your Etsy because I always learn so much! Your contributions are nothing short of a blessing to many people.

I’m sure I’ll think up some questions. For not I just wanted to say congrats and thank you!

akurah
February 27th, 2020, 05:55 PM
Happy anniversary!

Longlegs
February 27th, 2020, 07:36 PM
That's a long time to be a member of a forum, so many people get bored, change their hobbies or interests and drop out of many websites. Happy anniversary!

squirrrel
February 27th, 2020, 11:40 PM
Happy anniversary.

Yes, I agree on it being great you have stayed with the forum. I know that although I am ‘still here’ I go away for most of a year at a time. Probably helps me avoid obsessing over length etc, but does mean I am a strange face to many when I pop up again. I love how you remain one of the respected, well known faces here.

Hexana
February 28th, 2020, 03:13 AM
A month ago I was showing my husband and admiring how long you have been a member here and how many posts you have, and we were both like"wooow, that's amazing!"
Congrats on the anniversary and your success! You are a true inspiration!

summergame
February 28th, 2020, 03:20 AM
Happy anniversary to you!

TatsuOni
February 28th, 2020, 08:16 AM
Happy anniversary! :cheer:

Nightshade
February 28th, 2020, 08:26 AM
Night Shade I admire your perseverance in not cutting your hair through all the trials. It is also nice to see people still hanging around that have been here for years. I miss some of the old timers. "Arete Squiggly flop, princess Bob and more. I also make my own cosmetics which are based on bees wax from our hives. Keep being an inspiration for us all. I have tried to make your messy bun several times often with unusual results.

To be fair, my messy bun usually gets unusual results! I miss the old timers, too. And I love that you're a fellow beekeeper!

Happy 14th Nightshade :heart:

Happy anniversary!! :blossom::toast:

Congrats on 14 years!

Awww thank you lovelies so much! :cheer:

Congrats ~ 14 years is amazing :applause:

I love your hair; it is very pretty :heart:

Thanks for all your contributions on LHC :flowers:

Happy anniversary!! Thank you for being our resident henna/herbal guru and sharing your wisdom, I've learned so much about something I've never dabbled in and I'm sure your advice has prevented many disasters :D

Congrats and happy 14th! I hafta say it’s great to read your care guides and advice. I love browsing your Etsy because I always learn so much! Your contributions are nothing short of a blessing to many people.

I’m sure I’ll think up some questions. For not I just wanted to say congrats and thank you!

That makes me super-happy :) I sincerely try to put good information out into the world.

Happy anniversary!

That's a long time to be a member of a forum, so many people get bored, change their hobbies or interests and drop out of many websites. Happy anniversary!

Happy anniversary.

Yes, I agree on it being great you have stayed with the forum. I know that although I am ‘still here’ I go away for most of a year at a time. Probably helps me avoid obsessing over length etc, but does mean I am a strange face to many when I pop up again. I love how you remain one of the respected, well known faces here.

A month ago I was showing my husband and admiring how long you have been a member here and how many posts you have, and we were both like"wooow, that's amazing!"
Congrats on the anniversary and your success! You are a true inspiration!

Happy anniversary to you!

That is one thing about me... I'm really consistent in my interests. I love it here, and I'm not planning on ever going anywhere :cheer:

Nox_Inber
February 28th, 2020, 09:59 AM
Congratulations on the anniversary! We all love having you here, LHC wouldn't be the same without you :sun:

Jane99
February 28th, 2020, 05:28 PM
Happy Anniversary!! Woot woot!! Thank you so much for sharing your hair wisdom! I, for one, can say that even as a newbie member here, my hair would not be the same without you :) and many others too. What a great place, I can see how you have stayed this long

Alexandrina
February 28th, 2020, 08:30 PM
WOW 14 years! Congrats- Here's to 14 more coming up!

ladycaladium
February 29th, 2020, 02:52 AM
Happy Anniversary!

barnet_fair
February 29th, 2020, 03:37 AM
Congratulations, Nightshade. You're a living legend, and what I most appreciate about you is the way you go deep in your research, and then work hard to share the results with the community. It's easy to be paralyzed by the amount of input we have all day, and not actually take the risk of doing anything. Keep creating, and follow your intuition and your excellent aesthetic sense.

Valorie
February 29th, 2020, 08:05 AM
Congratulations, Nightshade! I have greatly appreciated your invaluable contributions to henna research over the years - thank you.
I left for a while (just got busy and forgot) and returned recently to see this thread, reading that you are doing fantastically.

Congratulations on your authoring endeavors and Nightblooming store, too. I am so pleased to read these updates, and it doesn't surprise me in the least! :blossom:

Robot Ninja
February 29th, 2020, 08:30 AM
To be fair, my messy bun usually gets unusual results!

Your messy bun? This could be relevant to my interests, pics please!

Lunnafindel
March 1st, 2020, 11:43 AM
Happy Hairversary, Nightshade! Congratulations!
A toast to your hard work and success!
:toast: :beercheer::ale::bottomsup::beer::hooched:

Kalamazoo
March 1st, 2020, 05:37 PM
HaPpY AnNiVeRsArY!

Nightshade
March 2nd, 2020, 09:58 AM
Congratulations on the anniversary! We all love having you here, LHC wouldn't be the same without you

WOW 14 years! Congrats- Here's to 14 more coming up!

Happy Anniversary!

Happy Hairversary, Nightshade! Congratulations!
A toast to your hard work and success!

HaPpY AnNiVeRsArY!

:cheer: awww, thank you so much!!! You lovelies are wonderful :)

Happy Anniversary!! Woot woot!! Thank you so much for sharing your hair wisdom! I, for one, can say that even as a newbie member here, my hair would not be the same without you and many others too. What a great place, I can see how you have stayed this long

Awww that made me smile, thank you :flowers:

Congratulations, Nightshade. You're a living legend, and what I most appreciate about you is the way you go deep in your research, and then work hard to share the results with the community. It's easy to be paralyzed by the amount of input we have all day, and not actually take the risk of doing anything. Keep creating, and follow your intuition and your excellent aesthetic sense.

I try! My super powers are boring, but I'm really, really good at consuming a lot of information and giving it back to people, and that it helps them!

Congratulations, Nightshade! I have greatly appreciated your invaluable contributions to henna research over the years - thank you.
I left for a while (just got busy and forgot) and returned recently to see this thread, reading that you are doing fantastically.

Congratulations on your authoring endeavors and Nightblooming store, too. I am so pleased to read these updates, and it doesn't surprise me in the least! :blossom:

One of the things I love most is that LHC has been part of my life since my books were just drafts, which is a very, very long time :lol:

Your messy bun? This could be relevant to my interests, pics please!

Uhm... something like this? It turns out a little different every time :lol:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/yQURFEacFofExkKiKXUXIaSA23vnbEkz1-wcPPjxFl5EoqTWe8mRCgYqXopAwj_u7FZ1Rk5SUrSfMgaMwG2S 19y6CG3lPrzMPmhThAywXNGsyvA-QaLjUMV2Y8jYj8OYagT2WqUgHTD0-2OKXJVzPdGIE8WXiPWVXgz8hEHu4ScFp9xraEI8S-YXN7yD8Y70_G9V6xrn3aiydCN0UAgOroJCKL1Mx3Ys5MYxXz-38KI-7RpUmBFZYib4ddiiO3uhkHjZHSOwZb0ufQyxiEdmLG_C8XLUC5 Gk_VTeqeyOAs4as9-MRrWi4exYAqTnvy-iEWiHgOR3YQFzae6DdP3MFGxIF1aYVUF-zIKSg6cyPNvNpNs3w3apo9m72-2tC2nmH4bbM7svTnVt44lmZCCksZGKUW_7pUa2Lq2n1hMS-G1ZT8kHji6kTNlVUs0VaVc80f3eWzWF51TcVPV2thJSjimc8O_ oQn-G1X9_-0AW1I62aj0EJAa0lmrEAZYZUl9bvEYJigcB59uTCzT7qVQG0m0 Uzw14d35WxunCERU38328cMCd9k9A3e12ZGk3tL3YYAFsYzB2X Vg6vnKaFDl2DoCPmTXXNdegBj1jcxBxLuReBAPzGp0FZ-cMSugHZJzf1CHmaEk-kOl-ZMdbcjzKctk4Ql6J_3glqJd_GC7EWpG-UDWAVY_RPwwm7toAns3Ly_GS87MdLBpzWa2maAkJSxMd4NpkOu-12yyKKYoEgjlivCO7vg=w477-h707-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-guh6LePfZbs/XlfSjeIRv2I/AAAAAAABSFI/JtBwt0obgZkTEOdm-oeCpfIwHrkHdcwcACK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-02-27

Robot Ninja
March 2nd, 2020, 03:00 PM
It's nice. What kind of bun is it?

Nightshade
March 2nd, 2020, 08:37 PM
It's nice. What kind of bun is it?

It's a lazy wrap bun in theory. I put the first stick in, then rotate the bun, fold it open a bit and do the second one :)

Loviatar
March 5th, 2020, 03:35 PM
Happy 14th anniversary, Nightshade! <3

Winter Fox
March 5th, 2020, 03:51 PM
Happy anniversary! :flowers:
Also congrats for your first novel that's amazing! :D
What do you enjoy most about writing?

Nightshade
March 5th, 2020, 08:41 PM
Happy 14th anniversary, Nightshade! <3

Thank you :inlove:

Happy anniversary! :flowers:
Also congrats for your first novel that's amazing! :D
What do you enjoy most about writing?

Eeee thank you! :flowers:

For the actual process of writing? I love my characters best--I love it when there's this spark of life and they start becoming their own entities. What they do and what they say comes so easy at that point.

For the publishing process? Cover design. It's one of the main reasons I published independently, I'd be totally excluded from the process had I gone traditional, but working with Carlos on my covers is just a joy, and I adore seeing his interpretation of my characters and of the design direction I give him :)

Zesty
March 6th, 2020, 10:19 AM
Happy anniversary! You are an inspiration in many ways. I can't believe all the things you are able to fit into your life and still excel at them. :)

Maelyssa
March 26th, 2020, 11:03 PM
So wow I've attempted to ask some questions this week but every time I do I've fallen down the rabbit hole if needing to get something else done. First let me start off by saying congrats on another beautiful year of growth & your time here in LHC...you truly bring so much wisdim & inspiration to the boards...you're an absolute blessing dear!

That said I've been thinking up some questions to ask that are a little outside the box so here goes...

*Care to spill the tea on your makeup look for your author's photo shoot? I havr an idea of what you normally use and how you apply but this look really stands out. Did you have someone else do it? What was used...some light shadow...liner?

*The possibility of Nightblooming shampoo/conditioner bars available to certain Patreons is terribly exciting...any potential release date on that?

*I've seen lots of cooper youve integrated in your ink and things so right now if you had to choose for jewelry & hairtoys silver or cooper?

* Are you planning anything unique or different for your next book release...the first had the feather bookmarks, signed copies & oils?

*Nailpolish or bare...long or short?

*You've been known for your great home healthy eating...being as busy as you've been...what's your eating like these days?

*Any details you'd like to share on the new home planning?

*Lastly...growing anything to eat in that lovely yard this year?

Thanks! <3

Nightshade
March 27th, 2020, 12:20 AM
Happy anniversary! You are an inspiration in many ways. I can't believe all the things you are able to fit into your life and still excel at them. :)

Aww thank you :flowers: And keeping up with everything isn't easy, but it is worth it :)

So wow I've attempted to ask some questions this week but every time I do I've fallen down the rabbit hole if needing to get something else done. First let me start off by saying congrats on another beautiful year of growth & your time here in LHC...you truly bring so much wisdim & inspiration to the boards...you're an absolute blessing dear!

That said I've been thinking up some questions to ask that are a little outside the box so here goes...

*Care to spill the tea on your makeup look for your author's photo shoot? I havr an idea of what you normally use and how you apply but this look really stands out. Did you have someone else do it? What was used...some light shadow...liner?

*The possibility of Nightblooming shampoo/conditioner bars available to certain Patreons is terribly exciting...any potential release date on that?

*I've seen lots of cooper youve integrated in your ink and things so right now if you had to choose for jewelry & hairtoys silver or cooper?

* Are you planning anything unique or different for your next book release...the first had the feather bookmarks, signed copies & oils?

*You've been known for your great home healthy eating...being as busy as you've been...what's your eating like these days?

Thanks! <3

*Care to spill the tea on your makeup look for your author's photo shoot? I have an idea of what you normally use and how you apply but this look really stands out. Did you have someone else do it? What was used...some light shadow...liner?

For people that haven't seen some of the pictures from that shoot they're here (https://melissalynnherold.com/contact-2/). hahahha honestly it's just the same makeup I wear every day, I did all of it myself. The eyeliner is a bit new for me, I use Meow's Spaz powder and a wet liner brush, then do lazy winged eyeliner by hand. I'm not actually wearing eyeliner on my lower lids despite what it looks like, but I am (for the first time in my life) wearing some very subtle false eyelashes :)

Oh goodness. I'm not sure, honestly. I know people are really excited about it and the couple I've given to friends to test have gone well, but the reality is that I have a draft of book 2 to get to my publisher at the end of this month, and then one round of copy and two rounds of proof edits before June (when it goes to press) and then I have a LOT of marketing stuff to get ready for it, too. I do all my own graphic design and writing, book trailer creation and web design and it's a LOT. And if that wasn't enough, I have to have the first draft of book 3 written by November 1 :bigeyes:

THE most important thing to me is my books, and while I hope to have shampoo / conditioner bars up for Patrons by this summer, if I have to push shampoo bars back to keep my publishing schedule on track, I will.

Oof, that one's tough. But for jewelry and hairtoys I'd have to go with silver. Copper gets lost in my hair.

Heaven's Silhouette had a choice of 5 oils and a feather bookmark, and I anticipate similar for Mourning's Dawn, but with the choice from 5 different oils, and like before, Patrons will get to pick the color of their bookmark :) I think the main difference will be that Mourning's Dawn will also have an audiobook version on release.

I paint my toenails (often peridot green), and I keep my fingernails pretty long, but bare. If I'm feeling really crazy I'll put a clear coat on them, like so (https://www.instagram.com/p/BhFFk5Khnqg/).

Pretty damn good! After a decade and some of not being able to have dairy I suddenly can again, I've no idea why, so it's been really nice to have yogurt again!

Nothing too much here, sadly. I have a OneNote document where I add ideas of cool things that I find, or inspirational pictures, but we've deliberately shied away from making many hard decisions on the new home because we want to stay focused on paying off this house first. Once that big goal is out of the way, we're planning on taking the rest of the year 'off' (i.e. not having mortgage payments and saving that money) before we get serious about hiring an architect to design the new house or do any more substantive planning :)

Probably more of the same, apples (honeycrips), wild blackberries, etc. We haven't had a proper vegetable garden in a few years (we just dont' have the sunlight here for it and I also just don't have the time to keep up with it), but we did apply for a grant for a pollinator garden/ yard from the state, so that will be fun!

Jas
March 27th, 2020, 11:46 AM
Happy 14 year LHC anniversary! Can't believe I missed this - haven't been online as much in recent months. Your hair is gorgeous (I wish I could try Henna just to try it but I've spent so long growing out the dye that I'll be so sad if I don't like it).

I had no idea you were an author too, I'll have to look you up :D

Beatnik Guy
March 28th, 2020, 01:51 PM
Happy LHC-iversary!! :)
And :thud: about your hair.

maborosi
March 30th, 2020, 12:28 AM
Happy anniversary!
14 years wow! Actually, I just looked at my profile the other day and realized I've been here for 9 now- which just seems absolutely impossible. Time flies when you're having fun!
Looking back 14 years ago when you first joined LHC- is there anything you're doing now that you feel like- if you went back in time and said "Hey! In 14 years you'll be doing x,y,z", that past-you would laugh at?
For me, that'd have to be hitting knee-length hair.

You're the reason I fell in love with henna and learned so much about herbal hair care! ^^

So proud of you on publishing your book. I've been reading it and just love how fast-paced and fun it is.
I hope to get there some day with publishing my book. :)