PDA

View Full Version : Hair Mask on dry hair?!

catoala
February 25th, 2020, 03:20 PM
Hi :o

Considering I realized (after combining so many things...) that I can't use any conditioner (causes my hair itchy, oily and so on) - I've read something and want to try it out..

Use a hair mask on dry hair (Never used them) - about half an hour before washing (on lenghts) and then shampoo normally, without conditioner.

Would this cause any harm on my hair? I have no problems with dryness etc - this is just so it isn't purely shampoo which could lead to dryness.

Ylva
February 25th, 2020, 11:49 PM
No, it won't cause any harm per se, but keep an eye on how your hair reacts to it. Other than that, mask away.

Shorty89
February 26th, 2020, 10:34 AM
You're probably way ahead of me, buy do you still have problems if you don't put conditioner on your scalp?

Anyhow, there's a method called CWC where you put conditioner on before you shampoo. Usually you use conditioner again after shampooing, but I'm sure you could skip that, especially since you're using a mask. I think it's usually done on wet hair but I don't see why a mask couldn't be used the way you're describing.

lapushka
February 26th, 2020, 10:49 AM
Yep, don't use the conditioner or masks on your scalp at all. Ears down and even lower down if you get oily fast.

catoala
February 26th, 2020, 11:18 AM
I don't put conditioner on my scalp ever - it's lenghts only and yes, sadly. I just avoid them now.

However, I've tried a mask and shampoo only, my hair is very very moistruized and nice :)

And - can I use a mask once a week only or more? It has no proteins or silicones.

Ylva
February 26th, 2020, 11:25 AM
And - can I use a mask once a week only or more? It has no proteins or silicones.

I use a mask every time I wash my hair which is every other day. It totally depends on your hair's needs.

Dark40
February 27th, 2020, 09:12 PM
No, I don't see it doing any harm in using a mask on dry hair. Just watch how your hair reacts to it. You can use a mask every time you wash your hair. I also wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week, and I always use a mask afterwards.

tulirepo
February 28th, 2020, 01:00 AM
Slightly damp hair would be the best so the ingredients in mask can really penetrate in your hair shaft and lock in some moisture but dry hair should be good too, really depends on what you're using and what kind of environment you are in.

Bri-Chan
February 28th, 2020, 03:35 AM
Mh every hair react differently, but hair mask is created to be used on wet hair, so keep attention to your hair reaction.
However, I use an hair mask in the traditional way after every washing (2 a week)

Dark40
February 28th, 2020, 10:45 AM
Yes, I second the 2 above posts. Masks are made for wet hair. But hair reacts to products differently. But depending on what I'm using after my wash it is best for me to use a mask while my hair is wet so that the ingredients can penetrate the hair shaft.

florenonite
February 28th, 2020, 12:47 PM
You're probably way ahead of me, buy do you still have problems if you don't put conditioner on your scalp?

Anyhow, there's a method called CWC where you put conditioner on before you shampoo. Usually you use conditioner again after shampooing, but I'm sure you could skip that, especially since you're using a mask. I think it's usually done on wet hair but I don't see why a mask couldn't be used the way you're describing.

This is what I do when I use conditioner. I put conditioner on first thing when I get in the shower, do various other showerly things, then rinse it out and shampoo as normal (sometimes I leave the conditioner on to apply the shampoo and rinse everything together as well). My hair is so fine and low porosity that if I put conditioner on after shampooing then no matter how well I rinse it'll leave my length greasy and coated.