PDA

View Full Version : Not trimming is pretty darn awesome

Sofoulee
November 9th, 2008, 06:38 PM
So here is my hair story.

I decided to grow my hair long in August of 2007, when I joined LHC, and as of that date I decided that trims every 8 weeks were going to be my regimine of choice.

After trying it out for some time, and not seeing such great progress... I decided that after my trim (around Eastertime 2008 ) that I'd just go without the trims and see what happens.

And here is the result:
December 2007
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc237/sofoulee/DecemberHairLengthShot.jpg

November 2008
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc237/sofoulee/homecoming08088.jpg

So... I'm a fan.

How about you?

girlcat36
November 9th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Okay, that's just gorgeous!:thud:

susiemw
November 9th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Your growth has been great and your hair is
spectacular! Everytime I see your picture I get
just a tad bit green with jealousy!

Susan:bounce:

Cereus
November 9th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Your hair looks so pretty with the curls and lighter ends. I'm a fan!

spidermom
November 9th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I'm a fan, too. Your hair looks beautiful. I have been 4 months without a trim, going for one year. I used to have trims every 6-8 weeks. Then I went to every 3 months. It has been many years since I've allowed my hair to grow without trims. It didn't go very well then, probably because of the blow-dryer used with round, bristled metal brush and the curling iron. I don't do that to my poor hair anymore. I got 2 inches my first 3 months of growing. Usually I would cut back at that point, but not this time.

Elphie
November 9th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Oh look how much your hair grew! It looks great!

So far, I seem to be trimming every six months. I just took an inch off last month (ouch!) and I'm not going to see any scissors till April.

Dolly
November 9th, 2008, 07:04 PM
It looks wonderful!! I am envious of those curls!!

NiAosSi
November 9th, 2008, 07:16 PM
You have such beautiful curls!

Gumball
November 9th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Wow Sofoulee! Your hair has made great progress. Your curls are gorgeous! Now that's definite proof that not trimming can work! :thud:

GlassEyes
November 9th, 2008, 07:24 PM
O_O

WHY CAN'T MY HAIR DO THAT!? D: NOT. FAIR. YOU CURL-CHEATED. T_T I haven't had a trim in months and my hair doesn't look like that.

In all hoensty though, that's freaking awesome. o-o Especially taking the level of curl into account. We pretty much have the same hairtype, actually (I think I'm a 3b/3c masquerading and fooling myself into being 3b >_<). I'm envious.

neon-dream
November 9th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I'm a fan!
I don't trim my hair unless I absolutely have to :)
xxx

Teazel
November 9th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Looking goooood! :cool: Keep on doing what you're doing, it's working!

misstwist
November 9th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Very pretty!

My hair has that curl when it's short and I've always wished it would remain as it lengthened. Add me to those who are pea green with envy.

GlassEyes
November 9th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Very pretty!

My hair has that curl when it's short and I've always wished it would remain as it lengthened. Add me to those who are pea green with envy.
I'm more of a chartreuse myself. :mad: Or maybe a bright, neon green.

XDDDD :p

MermaidGirl
November 9th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Very very nice! Love the curls. With that kind of progress, I don't know if I'd ever cut my hair again if I were you!

Sammybunny711
November 9th, 2008, 07:59 PM
My hair does not damage easily so as a rule, I will not trim unless there is damage to most of the bottom hair (not likely for a long time)

Tressie
November 9th, 2008, 08:05 PM
All right!!!!! Mighty fine!!!!! It looks just great! I'm in!

Vitalai
November 9th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Whooooa! :thudpile:

You have made amazing progress, and those curls are perfect!

My last salon visit was a few months ago. I'm trying no trimming, too. Hopefully, I'll get as good results as yours.

mrs carol
November 9th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Beautiful curls, your hair is really growing nicely.

Curlsgirl
November 9th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Me! ME!!! I think your hair is GORGEOUS, no other word for it! LOVE the comparison pibs! :thud:

Carina
November 9th, 2008, 09:09 PM
You have very beautiful hair indeed:thudpile:.I think I want to go for a no trimming year in 2009.You inspired me;).

darkwaves
November 9th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Great growth -- and I adore your curls!

Fillette
November 9th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Wow! Just... wow! your hair is amazing!

Tangles
November 9th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Oh, how pretty! I remember a while back you wanted to trim after a straightening-iron scare, aren't you glad you didn't?!?!

RavennaNight
November 9th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Whoa! I am in complete awe of those curls!! And thats a lot of extra length in lieu of the curls. Congrats, it looks beautiful!

Katahdin
November 9th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Oh my gosh. Your curls are perfect! I'm so green.

I don't think I'm really a no-trimmer, but I gave up on trimming regularly. I tried it, but I hate the idea of always taking away a bit of my growth. Now I just trim when the ends are so thin that I won't miss the length anyways, about once or twice a year.

Ryanne
November 9th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Great growth, it looks amazing!

Arctic
November 10th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Looks great Sofoulee! Almost BSL curly, or there abouts?

I have been pondering and depating about my own trimming schedule. When I trim I tend to cut too much off. I have been experimenting trimming every 3 months but so far haven't gained much length at all. I have been thinking to go back to more extended trimming schedule. Sure my ends will feel a bit rougher but nothing I couldn't handle... I still need to decide if I keep on this experiment or not... Your progress is inspiring!

30isthenewblack
November 10th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Your hair looks so lovely and thick :thud: It's grown so much since the last update! I like to give my hair a microtrim every three or four months but having said that, I trimmed my hair when it was 27.2" and when I measured it after the trim, it was 27.1" haha! So definitely no drastic chops for me!

Laila23
November 10th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Very beautiful!

Katze
November 10th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Beautiful hair, nice growth! I would say you're fine without a trim, and I am one of those people who calls for getting rid of thin wispy ends. Yours look great.

Just trimmed again last week in an effort to slowly get rid of taper and get my layers to the length of my longest ends. It's really frustrating, but I hope that some day my hair will look thicker at the ends (instead of just the first 2-4 inches) and will also get long.

For all those who can go without trimming - you are lucky! :cheese:

birthmarkie
November 10th, 2008, 06:07 AM
:thudpile: Way to grow, Sofoulee! Your hair is gorgeous. I am a non-trim fan. Other than a couple of microtrims from which I don't lose any length, I haven't had a trim in almost two years! I want to get to my goals quickly and not trimming is a big help. I don't plan to trim at least until I get to waist-length. Even with an inch trim, it would take me at least two months to get back the length I had and I just can't justify it. Plus, I want to see how my layers and scraggles will look when my hair is longer. I used to be a believer in 1/4 inch trims and may do that again one day if I want even ends for my future insanely long hair. :D

Xandergrammy
November 10th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Another fan of "not trimming" here. I've never really had a trim since I started growing my hair 12+ years ago!!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/Xandergrammy/The%20Next%20One%20Thousand/And%20Another%20Thousand/DSCN0038-1.jpg

paper
November 10th, 2008, 07:05 AM
That is amazing! Your hair looks gorgeous! :crush:

brok3nwings
November 10th, 2008, 07:44 AM
oh i loveee your curls!!! they are perfect!! Congratulations it seams it has grown a lot, and if you dont need to trim dont trim it.

joyfulmom4
November 10th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Your hair looks lovely. You've got great curls and you really gained some length. Not to mention you have a beautiful smile.:)

LadyGunn
November 10th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Wow! Just... wow! your hair is amazing!

Hey! You stole my response! :wink:

Sofoulee - your hair is absolutely gorgeous! :bowtome:

Garnet66
November 10th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Wowee, that's a lot of growth. Beautiful hair!

wintersun99
November 10th, 2008, 10:35 AM

LaurelSpring
November 10th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Very Encouraging Pics!

I am in for no trims. I wasnt getting anywhere with trims, terminal BSL. Now that I have stopped trimming I am finally just below BSL. :cheese:

Siava
November 10th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Your hair is getting some great length on it, lady. :D

embee
November 10th, 2008, 11:54 AM
.... thud.... :)

I do believe you have a winner trim schedule!

Mugili
November 10th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Wow...your hair looks wonderfull!
And such a considerable increase!

HeatherMae
November 10th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Your hair is so beyond gorgeous! What great progress! Good for you! :)

eyesofsummer
November 10th, 2008, 01:44 PM
that is awesome progress, especially for how tight your curls are!

I find that my curls get more weighed down the longer they get :(

jojo
November 11th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Well it certainly has inspired me not to trim, your hair is just beautiful x

thankyousir74
November 11th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Wow, those curls are SOOOO nice :D

Sofoulee
November 11th, 2008, 09:51 PM
So many thanks to everyone!

I'm glad that my *very lucky* progress has inspired some of you all.

I think I'm going to keep at the no-trim thing until I feel it's absolutely necessary to get a dusting.

THANK YOU AGAIN! Your kind words always keep me motivated to treat my hair right!! :D

almmaaa
November 12th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Very pretty hair but I thought that trimming hair was good and that helped to make it grow faster....

SaveTheTapirs
November 12th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Beautiful hair! Who would've thought that not cutting one's hair would allow it to grow longer? ;) But seriously, I just saw a youtube video from Expert Village where the lady was giving tips for growing long hair. Her advice basically consisted of "get regular trims." What? Nothing about staying away from heat styling, washing less often, or using oil. If your ends are damaged, then trimming might be the best thing, but please! Anyway, great progress and gorgeous curls!

plainjanegirl
November 12th, 2008, 09:11 PM
What amazing growth. Great thick looking curls and such a nice color. I would say no trimming is working good for you.

almmaaa
November 18th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Beautiful hair can't wait until mine is that length!!!

skay
November 18th, 2008, 08:44 PM
So here is my hair story.

I decided to grow my hair long in August of 2007, when I joined LHC, and as of that date I decided that trims every 8 weeks were going to be my regimine of choice.

After trying it out for some time, and not seeing such great progress... I decided that after my trim (around Eastertime 2008 ) that I'd just go without the trims and see what happens.

And here is the result:
December 2007
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc237/sofoulee/DecemberHairLengthShot.jpg

November 2008
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc237/sofoulee/homecoming08088.jpg

So... I'm a fan.

How about you?

Wow, those curls are awesome! I like the highlights at the bottom. Congrats on the growth. It looks pretty significant. :)

I haven't trimmed for the past 9 months and it's working out ok so far.

julya
November 19th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I'm on a similar trim schedule, I wait until I feel like I really need a trim. I trimmed last spring for the first time in three years! Works for me!

LawyerGirl
November 19th, 2008, 08:44 PM
How about you?

It's amazing how much growth I can get once I put the scissors down. You would think I would have figured that out by now!! :rolleyes: Oh well! Gotta start somewhere...

Nicoliee
February 3rd, 2011, 03:16 AM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!! No trims is good.

jasper
February 3rd, 2011, 04:42 AM
I am a fan of your curls, anyway! Wow! Your hair looks great.

Not trimming or cutting is how I got long. But lately I have been sorry about my thin ends, and am not sure I am a fan of not trimming anymore. I am getting close to making a cut to try for a nice hemline and seeing if trims will allow me to recover the length but maintain the hemline.

Fufu
February 3rd, 2011, 04:54 AM
I am in awe, you have beautiful curls :)

Becky9679
February 3rd, 2011, 07:04 AM
Can I just say... EVERYONE'S hair looks fabulous! I am very jealous and cannot wait for my hair to be long again (what I consider long anyway - anything above mid-back is too short for me)

The longest I went without cutting my hair was two years, the result of which was roundabout tailbone/hip length (see profile picture!) It didn't go thin at the bottom but I did have a lot of split ends which had to be dealt with. At the moment it's three months since I've cut it (this was around the time I made the decision to go ultra long again and I wanted to get rid of some layers)

lapushka
February 3rd, 2011, 07:42 AM
Beautiful curls! :inlove:

vanillabones
February 3rd, 2011, 07:56 AM
I'm so deeply jealous of your curls =) gorgeous healthy hair looks like you had a ton of growth considering how tight your girls are. My hair is so against curling I dont understand how people have that naturally :D

SummerSkye
February 3rd, 2011, 08:01 AM
Any more recent pics? Your hair must be even longer now! Stunning hair and love the lighter ends too