PDA

View Full Version : It's like my hair is wearing up push-up bra!

GoddesJourney
February 9th, 2020, 09:07 PM
Seriously, I finally tried "braid puffing", where you fluff out the braid to make it look more voluminous. It's totally fake but it looks amazing! Haha.

It reminds me of a conversation I once had with a close friend about whether it's acceptable to wear a push up bra t a night club. I was like, "Don't you put on make up when we go out? You do your hair and wear a strategically coordinated outfit and heels. What's the difference and who cares? Wear your push up bra. Have fun. Feel sexy. Enjoy your youth."

And so I realized that I too can wear double braids. All I have to do is bs a little on the size of them and now I feel good about it. Haha. To be fair, both my husband and myself are fully aware of how thick my hair actually is and I'm not hurting anyone with it. It looks awesome. Haha. I wish I had thought of this ages ago!

Side note: My husband actually may have absolutely no idea if my hair is actually that thick. He likes it and doesn't pay attention to such details. He's more interested in the bra situation anyway. Hahaha. Men...

Anyway, hat a revelation.

desisparkles
February 10th, 2020, 08:35 AM
What’s wrong with a little hair tease right? Haha haha

GoddesJourney
February 10th, 2020, 10:14 AM
Exactly. I've seen people with what looks like destroyed hair do it. But then I saw a hair tutorial of someone with really thick, long, beautiful hair pulling the sides of her braids out to fluff them and I was sold.

CopperButterfly
February 10th, 2020, 01:26 PM
Nothing wrong with fluffing a braid. I like to especially when doing crown braids.

Also just loved your whole post. Such a fun analogy.

spidermom
February 10th, 2020, 01:47 PM
I've tried this so many times, and it looks awesome at first, then an hour or so later the braid starts unraveling and I have thousands of ends hanging free.

lapushka
February 10th, 2020, 01:53 PM
Yeah, especially because I have layered hair, doesn't work as well on me. :lol:

lithostoic
February 10th, 2020, 02:37 PM
I have to braid tightly or it unravels lol

iforgotmylogin
February 10th, 2020, 02:47 PM
About your laptop post on your blog -

Often lappys have trouble cooling with age because a). the duct from the CPU/GPU is full of dust and b). the thermal paste between the(se) chip(s) has dried out and is less effective. Disassembling a lappy can be a real pain but can be worth it - you can blast compressed air down the duct (with nothing around to be messed up by it) and re-apply the paste, which shouldn't run you more than 2 bucks at a Radio Shack or whatever you have in your country (here in Oz I go to Jaycar)

jane_marie
February 10th, 2020, 02:48 PM
This post is too cute.

GoddesJourney
February 10th, 2020, 03:25 PM
About your laptop post on your blog -

Often lappys have trouble cooling with age because a). the duct from the CPU/GPU is full of dust and b). the thermal paste between the(se) chip(s) has dried out and is less effective. Disassembling a lappy can be a real pain but can be worth it - you can blast compressed air down the duct (with nothing around to be messed up by it) and re-apply the paste, which shouldn't run you more than 2 bucks at a Radio Shack or whatever you have in your country (here in Oz I go to Jaycar)

I had forgotten about that blog and I don't believe I've posted in years.

As for the rest of you, you may be right. I didn't wear it long so the push up braid may totally flop within a couple of hours. That's probably why I started braiding wet hair in the first place.

Haha. So my hair will look fabulous on the way out and carry it's high heels home... oh well. Still fun for a special occasion. I never look great all day anyway. :)

Rowdy
February 10th, 2020, 04:32 PM
I had forgotten about that blog and I don't believe I've posted in years.

As for the rest of you, you may be right. I didn't wear it long so the push up braid may totally flop within a couple of hours. That's probably why I started braiding wet hair in the first place.

Haha. So my hair will look fabulous on the way out and carry it's high heels home... oh well. Still fun for a special occasion. I never look great all day anyway. :)

My braids always seem to hold better with a bit of fluffing so maybe not :)

jane_marie
February 10th, 2020, 04:38 PM
Sea salt sprays can help fluffed braids hold better. Just a thought for anyone that wants to experiment. :)

Hasse
February 11th, 2020, 12:39 AM
Sea salt sprays can help fluffed braids hold better. Just a thought for anyone that wants to experiment. :)
I might have some laying around somewhere, need to try this.

GoddesJourney
February 11th, 2020, 06:29 AM

That makes sense. The beach makes you kind of sticky because of the salty air. Even more so if you actually get in the water.

emilyogini
March 31st, 2021, 07:55 AM
I think this is pretty! I've got two personal tricks that help me along, and keep myself more gentle on my hair:

1) Don't wait until the whole braid is done and tied before you fluff. Braid a few good passes, hold your place with one hand, and use the other hand to fluff individual "bumps." 2) Only pull the very edges of each bump as well, rather than the whole thing, so your braid stays strong. Continue all the way down! Voila!