View Full Version : My first Hair tutorial. Thoughts?

WyntreBlossom
January 31st, 2020, 11:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvP1Ht3b-n8

WyntreBlossom
January 31st, 2020, 12:24 PM
For some reason it isnt showing up

desisparkles
January 31st, 2020, 12:42 PM
YES!!! I love it!!! That's exactly my type of tutorial right there - show me, explain it to me. I needs all the helps!!!

Need more vids, please. lol

Been trying to teach my sis this exact bun but she's across the ocean so I can't physically help her. Sending the vid to her now.

Thank you for making it. I so don't have guts to do it.

WyntreBlossom
January 31st, 2020, 01:07 PM
I'm totally down to make more videos! I just dont know what people would like to see. If you want to make suggestions I'll get right on them!

Laurab
January 31st, 2020, 01:14 PM
Nice! My hair isn't long enough to do this yet, but I always appreciate when people make direct to the point tutorials.

lapushka
January 31st, 2020, 01:47 PM
It is in fact a LWB, because I've seen my fair share of tutorials for this type of bun that actually weren't LWBs at all.

You did a great job! :thumbsup:

jane_marie
January 31st, 2020, 03:06 PM
I think you did well. I am notoriously bad at following tutorials and I followed that one. :)

illicitlizard
January 31st, 2020, 03:22 PM
Really good actually, loved how succinct it was, straight down to business and I could see what your hands were doing. Will come back and see if I can follow it once I have any length to speak of :)

WyntreBlossom
January 31st, 2020, 03:40 PM
Thank you so much everyone <3

Bri-Chan
February 1st, 2020, 04:32 AM
It seems not that difficult watching this tutorial... I will try the next time I need to have my hair up

Groovy Granny
February 1st, 2020, 12:39 PM
It was easy to follow and love the detailed directions....good lighting and visuals too :thumbsup:

Years ago the first videos I tried to follow for this bun were nowhere as clear as yours :)

Great job for your first try :applause:

Spikey
February 1st, 2020, 01:08 PM
Awesome! I agree with the others that your explanations were really helpful (I love the way you explained every single step you did with finger position, etc.). The volume was perfect too and I could see pretty well. If you're looking for feedback on how to improve, which I assume is why you posted this, I would try to get just a bit more light because your hair is so dark. And at times the background noise was distracting. That's all I could think of, there's very little to critique! I really hope you continue making these, you've got a nice loud voice and good explanations. Great job!

WyntreBlossom
February 1st, 2020, 01:52 PM
Awesome! I agree with the others that your explanations were really helpful (I love the way you explained every single step you did with finger position, etc.). The volume was perfect too and I could see pretty well. If you're looking for feedback on how to improve, which I assume is why you posted this, I would try to get just a bit more light because your hair is so dark. And at times the background noise was distracting. That's all I could think of, there's very little to critique! I really hope you continue making these, you've got a nice loud voice and good explanations. Great job!

Thank you for this! The background noise was my husband gasping because my 6 month old decided to gag herself with one of my harry potter wand replicas LOL. He was recording for me so its hard to avoid stuff like that with an infant. But I will try using the flash next time for better lighting!

shelomit
February 2nd, 2020, 11:24 AM
Very nice! I kind of wish the speed had been just a bit slower so that I could double-check what I was doing. The tension still isn't quite right, but I hadn't made this type of bun before and I wound up with a passable version on the first try while watching your video : )