PDA

View Full Version : Bun-Hawk

sn0w
November 9th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Soo.... i think i invented a new hair style but not to sure where to put it as i cant seem to do an article as yet so i guess i'll put it here. (not to sure how to do a tutorial :confused: but here goes)

Basically its a mohawk but with buns.

First off seperate your hair horizontally in to 3 or more sections.

Second you are going to use these sections to make a bun that is in the center of that section. (any kind of bun will do but a braided bun tends to hold better)
i used hair pins to hold my buns up so they are basically invisibe in the buns.

Thirdly make sure that all the buns line up in a strait-ish line down your head and there you have a bun-hawk

So here is a picture to help:

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/_M_3_/IMG_2887.jpg

this was my first attempt so its not so neat (actually i did not even comb or brush it :p) and well the last section of hair was irritating so i just put it in a braid.

Sorry i dont have any other pictures with a better view :(
will try to post some as soon as i get time.

(if there is another place i should put this pls tell or if i need improvements in the tutorial area many thanks :D)

Xandergrammy
November 9th, 2008, 01:44 PM
I think it's adorable and the name is perfect, because I had a good mental picture before I even looked at the picture. :thumbsup:

embee
November 9th, 2008, 01:47 PM
That's wild and for some reason it makes me think "oriental". Good name!

Gumball
November 9th, 2008, 01:48 PM
It looks great! I've done this but with two rope buns and thought it looked really good. The name is pretty nifty. Hehe.

sn0w
November 9th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks a lot (cuz pll were looking me crazy when i told them about it)

Rhabhekkha
November 9th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I love it! I sometimes bemoan my long hair because it's so hard to be edgy/punky at all with so much long, natural hair. :roll: I'm going to keep this in mind for future occasions! :D

Lara1
November 9th, 2008, 02:00 PM
It looks really great! Cool name too!

Tabitha
November 9th, 2008, 02:07 PM
That's really cool! for anyone who thinks buns are fuddy-duddy, that certainly proves it doesn't always have to be true.

susiemw
November 9th, 2008, 02:08 PM
very nice! and I like the braid with it too. Nice job!

LutraLutra
November 9th, 2008, 02:12 PM
It's got a kind of Bjork feeling to it, looks good.

Ryanne
November 9th, 2008, 02:18 PM
It looks great, nice name too.

Vitalai
November 9th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I love it! It's very funky. :D The name describes it well.

sn0w
November 11th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Anje
November 11th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Very cool and funky! I'm not sure what sort of occasion I'd use it for, but I'll remember it if I ever venture onto "the scene".

intothemist1999
November 11th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Cute!! And great name!

Sceleste
November 13th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the idea and picture, sn0w. I tried this 'do today and fell in love with it. Too bad I don't have batteries in my camera so can't post pics.

I did the buns a bit differently than you because I wanted them to stay flat. Usually my cinnabuns turn into beebuts after two coils. So, I separated the first section of hair, made a two-coil bun, left the tail hanging and used a claw clip to secure the bun. Then I separated the second section of hair, took the hanging tail from the first section along, and did a two-coil bun with claw clip. The last bun didn't stay as flat as the first two because it had more coils.

sn0w
November 13th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I did the buns a bit differently than you because I wanted them to stay flat

yeah i dont like them sticking out too much as i think i look like some type of dinosaur thing :(

Guess they are different types of buns i should try with this when i get the time. would love to see what you did though :)

longhairedfairy
November 13th, 2008, 03:41 PM
That's neat! I'd like to see it from side to side, too:)

intothemist1999
November 13th, 2008, 04:20 PM
yeah i dont like them sticking out too much as i think i look like some type of dinosaur thing :(

LOL "The Stegosaurus Bun"?

intothemist1999
November 13th, 2008, 04:23 PM
That's neat! I'd like to see it from side to side, too:)

OMG, yes! snOw's buns are like lovely rosettes -- it would be nice to configure sort of a "circlet" of them in a ring on the head.

Islandgrrl
November 13th, 2008, 04:57 PM
OMG, yes! snOw's buns are like lovely rosettes -- it would be nice to configure sort of a "circlet" of them in a ring on the head..

Hmmm....this gave me an idea. Instead of separating the hair into sections and making buns from front to back, I just did it in 7 little sections and made buns from my left ear to my right ear going over the top of my head. It's different, to say the least. I soooooooo wish I had a camera. It looks like I have little teeny dinner rolls on my head!

sn0w
November 13th, 2008, 05:05 PM
glad to inspire random bun patterns :p would love to see what you (guys/)ladies come up with

oh found some one on the site with intresting bun patterns :
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=516&pictureid=5299

intothemist1999
November 13th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Hmmm....this gave me an idea. Instead of separating the hair into sections and making buns from front to back, I just did it in 7 little sections and made buns from my left ear to my right ear going over the top of my head. It's different, to say the least. I soooooooo wish I had a camera. It looks like I have little teeny dinner rolls on my head!

No camera??!! :wail: I bet it looks cool! :thumbsup:

AnneAdeline
November 13th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Bun hawk. Such a cool name for a cool style. I've gotta try this! My bun-making skills aren't the best, though.

krt1013
November 13th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Way awesome, period. :)

Payal80
November 19th, 2008, 12:28 AM
awesome ! how to do it any step by step instructions ?

longhairedfairy
November 19th, 2008, 07:49 AM
OMG, yes! snOw's buns are like lovely rosettes -- it would be nice to configure sort of a "circlet" of them in a ring on the head..

Ooh, yeah! A circlet could be fun!

sn0w
November 20th, 2008, 10:04 AM
awesome ! how to do it any step by step instructions ?

step by step instructions to what? the bun-hawk's instructions were the first things in the post

and i'm not to sure out the circlet but i guess it would work the same way but across (from ear to ear )

just divide up the hair in sections from one side of your head to the next.

put them(each divided section) in ponytails then make in to a bun.

i guess (i only have tried the bun hawk not the circlet ) ask Islandgrrl for correct instructions as she is the one that came up with the circlet idea.

hope that helps Payal80

RavennaNight
November 20th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Nice! When I saw the title, I thought it was about someone watching (hair) buns like a hawk. Or something bird related, landing on buns... :p Awesome style nonetheless!